Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

May I summarised some pointers I gathered from the FB Group and this thread. 

Current owners, please correct me if im wrong, cos it will help me in my decision making (OL is in my shortlist) 

1. OMV - Used to be below $20k hence can qualify for 60% loan. But now is 50% loan 

2. Pickup- From what I gather, OL has decent pick up, but don't expect fast pickup.

3. FC - average ard 9-10km per litre for mid heavy foot 50/50 traffic

4. Air Con - No rear, but strong enough

5. 3rd row - legroom standard same as compact MPV

6. Road tax - $1600+ high bcos 2.4L

7. Cheapest SUV in its class

8. Made in Japan

9. Side Mirror - heard Mar 2016 shipment onwards have auto fold?
10. 5+10 year warranty. Good and bad, = need to go bck C&C service for 10 years?

11. 3 years free servicing?

12. Stable at high speed?

13. Paddle shift helps when overtaking on slope

14. Tyre profile and size may be abit expensive average $250 per piece

15. ICE - average, with GPS and Bluetooth3

16. Good to have functions -  keyless entry and start, hillstart assist, auto headlight, rain sensor, knock down seats

17. 5 star safety rating

Edited by Shawntcl
  • Praise 1

My humble view. Just try to avoid Mitsubishi for now.

Given the scandal. Mitsubishi's long term plan. C&C dealership etc.

But yes OL is good value. And looks like old xc90

The sgcarmart reviews suck though

• Praise 1

My humble view. Just try to avoid Mitsubishi for now.

Given the scandal. Mitsubishi's long term plan. C&C dealership etc.

But yes OL is good value. And looks like old xc90

The sgcarmart reviews suck though

The egine very old and gb also

Scarly Mitsubishi close shop and what will happen to the cars maintenance after that????  So better avoid until the dust has settled.

Supercharged

Either Mitsubishi close shop and focus on other things like commercial vehicles or C&C stop the dealership.

Both are highly highly possible.

Supersonic

Hopefully tyt or hd will buy over. Esp since 1 is re-embracing tc & the other starting tc.

Supersonic

I think we have to recognize that different people has different driving patterns. So even for the same car, the fuel usage can be vastly different. I'm confused how we can actually determine "city driving" and "highway driving" when most of the time, driving on our highways feel like "city driving", especially with the high traffic volume and traffic jams!

Hence i once said, we'r arguably 100% city to varying degrees. Our highway drive also lots of dccl n accl. The owner's manual highway....is like those where u go 120kmh n pin it there with cruise control for easily an hour n driver run risk of highway crash due to sleeping at the wheel.
  • Praise 1

Seems not many activities on Outlander in this forum. How about owners? How is the current Outlander comments so far? 

Neutral Newbie

Seems not many activities on Outlander in this forum. How about owners? How is the current Outlander comments so far? 

Google the FB group for Mitsubishi Outlander Singapore... they are all there...

FB groups has killed alot of forums ever since it came out... everyone thinks there is no activities in forum but actually they all moved to FB groups...

FYI. now all OL owner is active in the FB column. Below is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467278766758571/

FYI. i am going to be the new OL owner soon. Basically there are tonnes of factors to decide which car you going to purchase. I am a practical person with family of 6 members. Of coz given a choice & have extra $$$$ I also wana to go for Oddy, XC90, Q7. At the moment I think OL is the most affordable and economical 7 seater SUV available in the market, the closer competitor is X-trail, but the 3rd row is really a joke. My advice is you personally go to both showroom and take a look than u know what I mean.

FYI. now all OL owner is active in the FB column. Below is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467278766758571/

FYI. i am going to be the new OL owner soon. Basically there are tonnes of factors to decide which car you going to purchase. I am a practical person with family of 6 members. Of coz given a choice & have extra $$$$ I also wana to go for Oddy, XC90, Q7. At the moment I think OL is the most affordable and economical 7 seater SUV available in the market, the closer competitor is X-trail, but the 3rd row is really a joke. My advice is you personally go to both showroom and take a look than u know what I mean.

outlander 3rd row also about same as x trail
↡ Advertisement