Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

Hello all.. just booked the base model silver. I notice there are abt 3 FB groups... do U guys join all three? Many tks...!

aft 3 months, have you gotten your car? or u top up since coe shot up alot.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi experts! May I check ur review on the outlander 2019? Was thinking if I should switch my Honda vezel to this outlander 2019.

But the trade in value for Honda is super low

How can we calculate if inhouse trading is worth it?

Inhouse offer + $7000 compare to other car dealers?

Thanks!

• Praise 2

(edited)

How can we calculate if inhouse trading is worth it?

Inhouse offer + $7000 compare to other car dealers?

Thanks!

Inhouse price is usually the paper value plus the 7k.

If you can get a better price outside, you can sell directly and fight for the trade in amount with dealer. You should be able to get atleast 50 to 70% of the 7k if you bargain with them.

Disadvantages.

1. They may reduce the Cash perks (instead of 3k they may only give 1k)

2. Since you are selling outside, you may end up like not having Car for few days or having 2 Cars at the same time

Edited by Mandrew

Neutral Newbie

Inhouse price is usually the paper value plus the 7k.

If you can get a better price outside, you can sell directly and fight for the trade in amount with dealer. You should be able to get atleast 50 to 70% of the 7k if you bargain with them.

Disadvantages.

1. They may reduce the Cash perks (instead of 3k they may only give 1k)

2. Since you are selling outside, you may end up like not having Car for few days or having 2 Cars at the same time ð

3. The paper dealing for Old Car sale have to be done by yourself.

So do a study and see. You can simply give an add in the 2nd Market and see how the demand is and then can decide.

And go there as you are trading with them so that you can here the freebies they offer. And after baseline the package, inform that you want to trade outside as the inhouse price is very less for you.

I earned 8k extra when I sold it outside.

Good info, Thanks Mandrew!

Sorry im slow,

8k extra sold outside meant:

Inhouse price + 7k discount + 8k?

Or inhousw price + 7k discount + 1k?

• Praise 1

Good info, Thanks Mandrew!

Sorry im slow,

8k extra sold outside meant:

Inhouse price + 7k discount + 8k?

Or inhousw price + 7k discount + 1k?

Will PM you with the figures of mine so that it will be easier to understand :)

Basically, after selling for a good price outside, I got about 8K profit even though I din't get the full 7k discount.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Be prepared for them to quote you a figure that will shock u.

Say u bought at 100k ropc.

And for 1 year u expect realistically maybe 80k.

U will be surprised a figure like 60-65k will pop up and they will further say subject to viewing.

It's an insult.

Bo bian leh, wife is expecting so have to change to bigger car.. Any bros trade your previous car to Outlander? Would like to know how does it work. Thank you
  • Praise 1

Hi All,

I visited showroom yesterday didnt take the test ride. I have some questions about it can some one who recently purchased it  try to answer.

1 major motivation factor to purchase the outlander ?

2 What other cars\suv you considered.

3 with available options X-trail looks very ahead with tech and functionality.

4 SE was saying they told mistubishi that what particular functions they want in to the car ( Not sure how true it is)

5 Car price for style variant is 127K ( Dose not include the trade in bonus 7k and 5.3 k for taking in house loan(2.2%) and insurance

so if you trade in your car it reduces to some what 115k ( what are views of fellow bros on this)

I have not checked anything else will start looking around i have another 9 mnth to scrap or renew coe of my car.

• Praise 1

Hi All,

I visited showroom yesterday didnt take the test ride. I have some questions about it can some one who recently purchased it try to answer.

4 SE was saying they told mistubishi that what particular functions they want in to the car ( Not sure how true it is)

5 Car price for style variant is 127K ( Dose not include the trade in bonus 7k and 5.3 k for taking in house loan(2.2%) and insurance

so if you trade in your car it reduces to some what 115k ( what are views of fellow bros on this)

I have not checked anything else will start looking around i have another 9 mnth to scrap or renew coe of my car.

Hi.

I did test drive the Outlander 2 months back. The ride is comfortable with great suspension system. The only thing I would like to comment is the CVT gearbox. Pick up is slow.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. 7 seater SUV

2. Mazda CX-5

3. Need to test drive so as to have a

better feel of the car.

4. Don't think it is true.

5. Think can ask for further discount

if you intend to buy.

Just my personal opinion. Go for the test drive and get a better feel of the cars.

• Praise 2

Thanks ,

Certainly without test drives its difficult to judge the performance. I will definitely going on that but was just wondering after reading so much radar issues with Forester and X-trail is it good to go with not that tech stuff. (OUTLANDER fits here)

• Praise 1

Hi All,

I visited showroom yesterday didnt take the test ride. I have some questions about it can some one who recently purchased it try to answer.

Someone's motivation might differ from yours, if you walk into the showroom and question yourself on the motivation then I guess the car is really not your cup of tea.
  • Praise 1

May be my question is not framed well ,

so my motivation for this is 7 seater , someone may just go for it looks or becoz of Outlander brand or something else.

I just want to know major contributing factor for purchasing the outlander from its competitors like X-Trail, Forester ( 5 seater again).

anyways thanks for the response.

Aniket

• Praise 1

Hi All,

I visited showroom yesterday didnt take the test ride. I have some questions about it can some one who recently purchased it  try to answer.

hi,

1. price and price again. (in my view) its the most value for $ compared to other suvs, MIJ, 5+2 sitters

2. considered xtrail & prius+ but all out of budget at 130+k at time of purchase.

3. xtrail looks premium but then it $ again. its 130+k vs 110K at time of purchase.

4. maybe, to lower the omv, to keep it basic, too expensive may not be appealing

5. can bargain with SE, if not look for other SE...u r buyer, its your choice your $, which SE to choose.

6. for CVT u need to understand the characteristics, i find the pickup, but really depends on driver, of cos cannot compare with other powerful makes.

I guess its best u hv a test drive to "feel" the OL...:P

• Praise 1

May be my question is not framed well ,

so my motivation for this is 7 seater , someone may just go for it looks or becoz of Outlander brand or something else.

I just want to know major contributing factor for purchasing the outlander from its competitors like X-Trail, Forester ( 5 seater again).

anyways thanks for the response.

Aniket

i think outlander is one of the more affordable 7 seater at around 100k with decent space and reasonable power, x trial is way more expensive. 

the alternative is sienta which is just pure hopeless with a full load and drives like a tortoise. 

will say that outlander is the best choice at a reasonable price point for a 7 seater and looks good too. 

• Praise 2

I tried the Outlander a couple months back, but I thought the drive abit rough. 

Just my 2-cents though, different people different taste.

• Praise 1

i think outlander is one of the more affordable 7 seater at around 100k with decent space and reasonable power, x trial is way more expensive.

the alternative is sienta which is just pure hopeless with a full load and drives like a tortoise.

will say that outlander is the best choice at a reasonable price point for a 7 seater and looks good too.

Most value for money SUV... at the moment..

Many on the road nowadays..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10