Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

May be my question is not framed well ,

so my motivation for this is 7 seater , someone may just go for it looks or becoz of Outlander brand or something else.

I just want to know major contributing factor for purchasing the outlander from its competitors like X-Trail, Forester ( 5 seater again).

anyways thanks for the response.

Aniket

Price. That's really the only thing I see going for the outlander compared to the competition. When I bought my CRV, I checked out the Outlander and ignored it after spending 5min in it.

Just not my cup of tea. Interior and exterior design is dated, very plasticky, drive wasn't great. I'm sure that's okay for other buyers, but definitely not for me.

I also doubt that the SE's specially chose the spec, after all, seat heaters are standard across all trim levels. If the SE's selected seat heaters for Singapore then that's they clearly don't understand the market!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

May be my question is not framed well ,

so my motivation for this is 7 seater , someone may just go for it looks or becoz of Outlander brand or something else.

I just want to know major contributing factor for purchasing the outlander from its competitors like X-Trail, Forester ( 5 seater again).

anyways thanks for the response.

Aniket

one thing for sure comparing SUV of such size = VFM

just like sedan hyundai avante/ kia cerato = VFM

• Praise 1

Thanks Guys for valuable inputs this will help me in buying decision. Sure i will take test drive below on my radar now,

1 Outlander

2 Xtrail

3 Skoda Kodiaque

4 Forester

let see if i can do it otherwise will extend COE of current cruze :)

Aniket

I bought my outlander about 1 yrs 9mth back for $120k after the trade in with COE of $52k. It was a 2.4L version. At that time, it was a value for money purchase. I needed a 7-seaters to replace my Honda Stream and was looking to get Toyota Wish but the price of Wish was $112k. So The 3rd row leg room length is similar to Stream but the floor board is slightly higher resulting in less comfortable for taller passengers. The X-trail totally cannot take in any adult passenger on the 3rd row decently. In the end choosed Outlander due to its value for money, SUV style, 5-star NCAP, 2.4L with sufficient power, MIJ.

• Praise 1

Hi All,

I visited showroom yesterday didnt take the test ride. I have some questions about it can some one who recently purchased it  try to answer.

1 major motivation factor to purchase the outlander ?

2 What other cars\suv you considered.

3 with available options X-trail looks very ahead with tech and functionality.

4 SE was saying they told mistubishi that what particular functions they want in to the car ( Not sure how true it is)

5 Car price for style variant is 127K ( Dose not include the trade in bonus 7k and 5.3 k for taking in house loan(2.2%) and insurance

so if you trade in your car it reduces to some what 115k ( what are views of fellow bros on this)

I have not checked anything else will start looking around i have another 9 mnth to scrap or renew coe of my car.

If you like SUV and need 7-seater and dun wanna spend a lot, Outlander should be the choice.

X-trail is newer, got some useful features not found in outlander, but 3rd row cannot sit adults or anyone taller than 1.6 m. and the rest of the people on first 2 rows need to be less than 1.7 m too, if want space for 3rd row.

The latest Outlander is actually not bad, as the rear a/c, front passenger electric seat, and electronic parking brake, make it well-equipped.

• Praise 3

Thanks Guys for valuable inputs this will help me in buying decision. Sure i will take test drive below on my radar now,

1 Outlander

2 Xtrail

3 Skoda Kodiaque

4 Forester

let see if i can do it otherwise will extend COE of current cruze :)

Aniket

if you need a 7 seater suv with the least headache, you are stuck with either outlander or xtrail and price for outlander wins hands down.

forester is not a 7 seater and cost around same as outlander so it depends on what you need. Skoda kodiaq is nice too but being a conti, maintenance and parts will be slightly higher.

cruze even the turbo version is way underpowered and the gearbox is a question mark thats why you dont see many cruze running on the roads anymore now. 

here is update on my side,

On this long weekend test drive 3 vehicles,

1 Outlander:--   Handling and ride is quite good steering response is very good unfortunately they dont give ride on Highways  so i am not able to check paddle sifters and cruise control. Power seems to be adequate for singapore traffic. Stop and GO function is nuisance SE said that can be override. Suspension works  beautifully and  CVT in sports mode feel like AT.

Music system and over all interior is average as compared to competition.

2 Xtrail:--  Way more premium looking vehicle loaded with lots of features. Ride is bumpy steering was very light  on 70 KMPH as well no response from steering.  NVH is very good as compared to outlander nothing comes inside the cabin unless you open the window.

4X 4 auto lock with traction control ( Not sure where we are going to use it here) VES branding c1 hence 10 k more.

Interior is lot more premium and sound system is top notch as compared to outlander. comes with extra Tyre (19 Inch alloy) outlander with puncture repair kit. Third row strictly for small kids and should be used only in city not for long distance traveling. Space management is good has under storage flat below 3rd row. CVT has that rubber band effect you have to step it on low to get it in momentum. Decent vechile at price point but 20 k more than outlander :).

3 Forester:--- Well this is  5 seater which defeats the purpose of car change but i still took the test ride. Over all space wise its same as big SUV too much space in luggage area. Ride quality is comparable to outlander and more agile loaded with tech. Steering feedback is quite good  suspension is ok not much bumpy as compared to X trail. Interiors are strictly average with in house Panasonic unit sound quality is passable. Overall i feel its pricey as compared to other 5 seaters in market. Test drive was not long enough as their were multiple customers waiting for the test ride.

So now i am leaning towards outlander as this is the most VFM product i can see in market need to decide on modern or style variant , i dont see any value on style variant as it just have 3 4 features extra than modern and diff in value is 7k. I am the only rider so i dont need electric seats ( they are not memory seats). auto tailgate and roof  rails are the next one and factory fitted leather seats for me these are not deal breaker so  most probably stick to modern variant. Will keep you guys posted here if nothing changes drastically.

Aniket

• Praise 2

here is update on my side,

On this long weekend test drive 3 vehicles,

1 Outlander:--   Handling and ride is quite good steering response is very good unfortunately they dont give ride on Highways  so i am not able to check paddle sifters and cruise control. Power seems to be adequate for singapore traffic. Stop and GO function is nuisance SE said that can be override. Suspension works  beautifully and  CVT in sports mode feel like AT.

Music system and over all interior is average as compared to competition.

2 Xtrail:--  Way more premium looking vehicle loaded with lots of features. Ride is bumpy steering was very light  on 70 KMPH as well no response from steering.  NVH is very good as compared to outlander nothing comes inside the cabin unless you open the window.

4X 4 auto lock with traction control ( Not sure where we are going to use it here) VES branding c1 hence 10 k more.

Interior is lot more premium and sound system is top notch as compared to outlander. comes with extra Tyre (19 Inch alloy) outlander with puncture repair kit. Third row strictly for small kids and should be used only in city not for long distance traveling. Space management is good has under storage flat below 3rd row. CVT has that rubber band effect you have to step it on low to get it in momentum. Decent vechile at price point but 20 k more than outlander :).

3 Forester:--- Well this is  5 seater which defeats the purpose of car change but i still took the test ride. Over all space wise its same as big SUV too much space in luggage area. Ride quality is comparable to outlander and more agile loaded with tech. Steering feedback is quite good  suspension is ok not much bumpy as compared to X trail. Interiors are strictly average with in house Panasonic unit sound quality is passable. Overall i feel its pricey as compared to other 5 seaters in market. Test drive was not long enough as their were multiple customers waiting for the test ride.

So now i am leaning towards outlander as this is the most VFM product i can see in market need to decide on modern or style variant , i dont see any value on style variant as it just have 3 4 features extra than modern and diff in value is 7k. I am the only rider so i dont need electric seats ( they are not memory seats). auto tailgate and roof  rails are the next one and factory fitted leather seats for me these are not deal breaker so  most probably stick to modern variant. Will keep you guys posted here if nothing changes drastically.

Aniket

Same sentiment when i was comparing OL and Xtrail.  Forester was not in the radar as it was a 5 seater.  One car i did try of Tucson which was quite spacious.  Other non-SUV consideration was Freed Hybrid and Prius+.  Final choice was OL mainly for the VFM.

• Praise 1

HI All,

Just to update my bid got approved in first attempt may be collect car in another 2 3 weeks. I want to know can we do official PDI  before the cars registration. SE is saying no to this as they dont allow anyone in warehouse and car has to clear the custom duty and all.

Any thoughts to this he said i can do PDI during delivery but in that case car will be already registered and i will not have any choice if something is wrong.

• Praise 3

HI All,

Just to update my bid got approved in first attempt may be collect car in another 2 3 weeks. I want to know can we do official PDI before the cars registration. SE is saying no to this as they dont allow anyone in warehouse and car has to clear the custom duty and all.

Any thoughts to this he said i can do PDI during delivery but in that case car will be already registered and i will not have any choice if something is wrong.

Doubt it. Especially for a relatively high volume, "lower priced" car like the outlander.

Maybe if it was a Pagani or top-end ferrari they would let you. Unfortunately for mainstream brand they aren't going to bend the rules.

Came across this video about Outlander from China. Seems that their Outlander is also local manufacturer like like Malaysia. However their market prefer 2.4L. Both Malaysia and China local make has selectable four wheel drive.

The video also mention about build in  "cold " protection of CVT .

now selling empty outlander(modern) for $93,999.

I am not representing C&C, but this deal is really just taking out all the head unit and leather seats then lowering the price.