Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

Neutral Newbie
On 6/8/2019 at 12:08 PM, Mandrew said:

Will PM you with the figures of mine so that it will be easier to understand :)

Basically, after selling for a good price outside, I got about 8K profit even though I din't get the full 7k discount.

Can pm me whats the process like and which platform you use to sell outside?

↡ Advertisement

Disclaimer: Just my personal comments.

Bought the very 1st version of this Japanese SUV back in 2016. Use this for about 4 months and decided to bite the bullet to sell this off. I guess Mitsubishi is rank lowest in terms of quality and performance in a Japanese car. My so-called motorised power seat adjuster and move out of preset position. Cannot believe this. I had to challenge with the Mitsubishi agent mechanics to such an issue by sticking a measuring tape indicating the current set position. Later, it moves downwards.

Next is a brand new car, the steering wheel can feel the engine vibration. Agent mechanic says engine idling is normal. What idling got to do with vibration ?

Worse is the fuel consumption. This SUV drinks fuel like an addict and gives no power. Probably my expectations is not exactly what I expected for a SUV. Generally, Mitsubishi cars are nosier inside the cabin. Had a chance during my free lance days as a Uber driver. As I had tried many different car, flooring the accelerator to get a feel of the power surge, Toyota & Honda fair better in the Japanese category. European cars are the best to torque !

Not many new Outlanders on the road these days. Only good comments I have is the leather seats & radio. Tomo leather does a good job of re-fitting Mitsubishi cars and the in car entertainment radio as well. If you want to expand the radio connections in the future, better to get now (since a new car) from Tomo the radio set output connectors. Mine is a China radio and the RCA sockets are not found on the radio. They have to use a adaptor cable. Probably now had changed. Better to check.

Edited by Derrick9100

14 hours ago, Derrick9100 said:

Disclaimer: Just my personal comments.

Bought the very 1st version of this Japanese SUV back in 2016. Use this for about 4 months and decided to bite the bullet to sell this off. I guess Mitsubishi is rank lowest in terms of quality and performance in a Japanese car. My so-called motorised power seat adjuster and move out of preset position. Cannot believe this. I had to challenge with the Mitsubishi agent mechanics to such an issue by sticking a measuring tape indicating the current set position. Later, it moves downwards.

Next is a brand new car, the steering wheel can feel the engine vibration. Agent mechanic says engine idling is normal. What idling got to do with vibration ?

Worse is the fuel consumption. This SUV drinks fuel like an addict and gives no power. Probably my expectations is not exactly what I expected for a SUV. Generally, Mitsubishi cars are nosier inside the cabin. Had a chance during my free lance days as a Uber driver. As I had tried many different car, flooring the accelerator to get a feel of the power surge, Toyota & Honda fair better in the Japanese category. European cars are the best to torque !

Not many new Outlanders on the road these days. Only good comments I have is the leather seats & radio. Tomo leather does a good job of re-fitting Mitsubishi cars and the in car entertainment radio as well. If you want to expand the radio connections in the future, better to get now (since a new car) from Tomo the radio set output connectors. Mine is a China radio and the RCA sockets are not found on the radio. They have to use a adaptor cable. Probably now had changed. Better to check.

I guess urs is 2.4? U buy in 2016 n 4 years later come complain. Got abit weird or not.

Which big suv got good fc? U sure not many on e road. I drive one 20mins trip n spotted at least 4 new outlander on road all bearing SM carplate.

Now model as compared to 2016 alot of diff liao. 2.0 FC is consiered good for such big suv

4 hours ago, iceraider said:

I guess urs is 2.4? U buy in 2016 n 4 years later come complain. Got abit weird or not.

Which big suv got good fc? U sure not many on e road. I drive one 20mins trip n spotted at least 4 new outlander on road all bearing SM carplate.

Now model as compared to 2016 alot of diff liao. 2.0 FC is consiered good for such big suv

i used to drive the Grandis and is the 2.4L, I suspect is the same engine at that time...FC is heck pain, every 3-4 days i need to see uncle at the pump, until we become buddies...no joke.

stay far far away if you are looking at fc, I did consider this model when I wanted to change car in 2016, but when I heard is the 2.4L....i ran away and got myself a diesel...

until now, fast forward to 2020 ….i am very happy with my diesel..[:p]...i think i will keep my car for the next 5 yrs!

5 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

i used to drive the Grandis and is the 2.4L, I suspect is the same engine at that time...FC is heck pain, every 3-4 days i need to see uncle at the pump, until we become buddies...no joke.

stay far far away if you are looking at fc, I did consider this model when I wanted to change car in 2016, but when I heard is the 2.4L....i ran away and got myself a diesel...

until now, fast forward to 2020 ….i am very happy with my diesel..[:p]...i think i will keep my car for the next 5 yrs!

2.4 fc is bad but e 2.0 now is diff.. confirm better fc. My bro driving one.. fc abt 11-13km/l

9 hours ago, iceraider said:

2.4 fc is bad but e 2.0 now is diff.. confirm better fc. My bro driving one.. fc abt 11-13km/l

i am getting 16km/l ….and it's diesel...lovely.

On 8/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, Spidey10 said:

got a 2gt bro..in 2016

this car was inside my consideration list as well. Was thinking the petrol version better or diesel. Can pm me any issues so far with the car?

On 8/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, LawrenceTeoPockChueng said:

Hi all, I am very new. Please bear with my noob question. Can anyone give me some comparison idea between Outlander, Seltos and HRV (I know they are a little different in class, but still...)? Thanks for your help!

If you have a big family or the in laws to ferry and need a 7 seater, only the Outlander does the trick legally. The rest cannot.

Outlander is smaller than Sorento slightly, but the price is also smaller.

HRV and Seltos are the same size thereabouts, and cannot ferry 7 people.

The 2 are much smaller than Outlander, and even smaller than Rav4, CR-V etc, and about the size of XV, i.e. lifted hatchbacks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi good evening, I have a question to ask. Any senior bro that is driving outlander can I check is the 2.0 version and 2.4 version is the fc different a lot?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros,

I just got my license last week and bought an outlander few days back. I see that there are many outlanders with the wordings on the front of their cars and will like to seek fellow bros advise on whether there is anything to look out for when purchasing that. (eg. will it damage the car paint, will the words peel/drop off when you wash ur car/rains). Please pardon my noobness. Thanks in advance all.

Neutral Newbie

@Ngck Thanks bro for the reply.

FC wise I have driven for 200km and the tank is just abit lesser than the 3/4 mark, so it should be around 12km/l.

Ride wise I have to admit that pickup is slow and even a one month old driver like me who dare not drive too fast can feel it. However considering the price for a car this size compared with its other competitors, it is just fair to manage your expectations and not demand for too much haha. If your budget is around 110-120k, I will say it is probably the most VFM car you can get out there. It has the looks of a big muscular SUV, 5 year warranty/10 year engine warranty, 7-seater. If I had to do this again, I will still choose the outlander. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

@NewDriver91 

Great. Enjoy your ride.... what color is that?

For the lettering. i would say don't bother. But you can do what u like obviously. lol

Edited by Ngck
↡ Advertisement