Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

(edited)

Can after market side mirror fold motor fit onto the car?

Edited by Huat138
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can after market side mirror fold motor fit onto the car?

I don't think so. I have tried google and search in ebay, taobao but couldn't find any. Share here if you manage to find.

But the fog lamps can be changed into LED DRLs, selling cheap in Taobao. [thumbsup]

I test drove the outlander and I am very pleased with the overall. Most value and cheapest SUV you can find now. Waiting for the next wave of COE to drop! haha.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I just took some pics of my car gauge on 2wheels drive test, I reset it before starting the mileage gauge.

I did a test drive over 300km, achieved 10-11km/L like our bro here with 800km mileage on the clock.

This is still on mineral oil and not run in, which to me is a good results.

I am pretty light foot as it is new, and kept a good distance at expressway from car in front, around 3-4 car lengths.
My usual driving is 70/30 highway/city, during peak period, Mon to Fri 8am-9am/6pm-7pm ~ 60km.

Weekend will be 80/20 highway/city, afternoon/evening time to inlaw.

The side mirror cannot be folded, it is manual, you can only closed it manually by hand.
It can be adjusted in the car for different angle, since it does not have a fold function, you cannot add a auto fold module like I did for my Wish.

(to have fold, there need to be a switch inside to press it, so side mirror can fold)

If you want to have auto fold, likely you need to change the whole side mirror for both side, ensure the paint colour is the same.
Quite a bit of hassle.

Sound system is good, comparable to my Wish ICE (spent around $1k+ then), comes with tweeters, and four more speakers, total of 6.

Just add a sub woofer if you want more bass, which I did.

No second row air con has been an point bring up by my wife - "Why change to this car, when no rear air con?"
She don't see other features which is more of a driver + - tailgate, cruise control, auto lights/rain sensor, GPS, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, HID, etc :)

So far it is quite cold, and I does 26c each time.

The leather seat and colour is fixed, but I find it ok, better than my 6years old Wish.

post-45417-0-61822800-1425525746.jpg

post-45417-0-39859000-1425525751.jpg

post-45417-0-00996600-1425525759.jpg

If you have a car to trade in, then anytime is a good time.

You can wait - when

1) Try to wait for COE to trop

2) Sell away current ride (higher), and wait for COE to drop

Otherwise, you will sell high (old car), and buy high for new car when COE is high

, or sell low old car and buy low new car when COE is lower.

Which to me is my situation, buy now can enjoy driving a comfortable SUV.

Hi Bwilly - thanks for the extensive feedback. It was great to hear you have a good experience so far.

The heart tells me to get this, but the head is calling the shots at the moment and I have ended up in the non-guaranteed queue for the Toyota Wish. BM (very uncharacteristically) gave a very good deal over CNY and now waiting to see if they will deliver on that price. If I don't get the car I will be back in May to reconsider this.

Hi Bwilly - thanks for the extensive feedback. It was great to hear you have a good experience so far.

The heart tells me to get this, but the head is calling the shots at the moment and I have ended up in the non-guaranteed queue for the Toyota Wish. BM (very uncharacteristically) gave a very good deal over CNY and now waiting to see if they will deliver on that price. If I don't get the car I will be back in May to reconsider this.

As a. Ex-wish owner who got from BM, I have good praise on their service. Under their five years warranty I am quite covered and never worried about parts. The other thing that will entices me back to get another Wish is the service, good FC and very reliable engine/parts. Other than normal wear and tear, I maintain and change all required parts, during my 6years+, the car never break down or gave me major parts change headache.

Only past 2years the air con is interim cold, problem with any more than 3-4years car.

Looking at the price point, at the motor show i told the toyota agent, paying $140k to get new Wish, to me is like renewing and driving the same. Looking at the brochure, not much features compared to the Outlander.

The potential buyer is always on the byline thinking of the 2.4L engine road tax and FC.

Consider this to the joy of driving a SUV and with more features, that $150 more a month.($80 more road tax/mth + $70fuel) is much worth it. You gain some n you lose some. Life is short, look back, you want to enjoy and pamper yourself abit for working hard for yourself and family.

A lot of us has family commitment and work stressed. Driving and enjoying the car you drive is one destress and joy you can afford yourself once a while.

Hence I signed up to get the Outlander after that.

Buying my third car (and now second new car) I notice we are at mercy of the agent when we signed the sales agreement.

It must have stated clearly that they are allow to use open cat Coe for you. This happens for CAT b car only. Don't expect much of the rebate if it happens it is a bonus. How the car company managed to sell and quote you now is because they managed to secure some open CAT Coe.

At any price point they can ignore the COE for that month and offer you the open CAT (which they buy earlier) to secure your car. Of course they may still bid for you but at a price point they are comfortable and makes good margin.

Much depends on the company record to move cars out by managing to secure COE for you.

But rem. - if you took even 6 bids non guarantee package, they at the end of three months may offer you a open CAT (eg $70k COE) which is expiring soon. You may even be offered a valid open CAT eg in your contract states rebate at $65k, he may offer you a $55k open cat (assuming this was the current price)

In my both new car agreement I was given first bid guarantee COE. First time is because the COE was still stable ard $20k (year 2008). When Coe drop they did not offer me back the rebate stated in the contract but instead offer me a open cat. As COE is dropping nobody in right mind will want a open CAT which is high but instead prefer to bid n hope for a lower coe.

Second time I was given an expiring Coe so I managed to secure my car on first "bid". Everything is fast after I signed the agreement. 😁

Good luck though!!

Neutral Newbie

HI Guys,

I am driving an White Outlander since Nov 14.

I was driving Wish for the last 7.5 years before this.

Mileage for me is from the low of 7km/l to 8.7 km/l. I think I am heavy footed and only 30% highway most of the time.

I have removed the head unit that came with car and set up a new sound system, sub woofer and a separate tv tuner change the speakers too. I have also sound proof all my 4 doors. This might add some weight on the car as the doors are now quite solid when closing it.

I have also bought some crome accessories online for the car interior and exterior.

I am now searching for side steps. If anyone have any lobang of information on this, please let me know.

A Great driving experience with this car.

Cheers

KK

• Praise 1

(edited)

out of curiosity, how much did you secure your wish for? was it 125k during CNY sales? during that time, outlander was selling for 122,999? what made you choose wish over outlander since outlander was cheaper then?

Edited by subarudreamer

out of curiosity, how much did you secure your wish for? was it 125k during CNY sales? during that time, outlander was selling for 122,999? what made you choose wish over outlander since outlander was cheaper then?

Yes. I somehow ended up in the showroom that day, but actually did not decide until the next day. The sales lady was kind enough to follow up and work on the deal. They also offered a decent value for my trade in car.

For the Outlander, to get that 123k price you need to loan and trade in a car with them. For BM only need to loan min 30k. During my earlier round at the Mitsubishi showroom their opening offer was paper value for my current car. At that time I have not made up my mind yet so did not sit down and talk terms. Their margin, even at 123k, was higher than BM's on the Wish at 124k.

In the end I decided to just go for the Wish for lower running cost and stronger resale value to have a more reliable option to change car before the five year mark without too steep losses. I think based on BM's price, if they deliver to roughly current COE levels they would not make much money on the vehicle. Whatever that the dealer don't make - you save in depreciation cost.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I just got my Outlander in Feb 16th, just before CNY.

My package is unique when I got it from the C&C, it is a "guarantee" COE, since they have on hand some open CAT B expiring.

Included in my package is - 5years free servicing, GPS head unit ($1.5k value), tuff coat 6 (really smooth), sun flim, a outlander floor mat.

The car is still clocking ~ 800km now (4th March) after about 3weeks, I have been doing 8-10km/L.

But recently I change to 2WD, and it seem to give me 10km/L which is good.

When I change my ride from Toyota Wish after 6years+, and got the Outlander, I expect the FC to increase by another 20%.

Consider my monthly petrol is around $300, that is to me additional $60 per month.

Think about it, month by month, as some say, life is short, $60/month joy to drive a SUV (with 7seaters) good road presence?

Of course ignore all the road tax, maintenance - once you think too much you never dare commit?

You can PM on the car performance.

Even though I may pay a slight premium to get it when COE is high, but so far not really regret.

Family is happy, but have not squeeze 7 with the third row. Have tried 7 (with two young boys) onto front n middle seats. :)

Just a short summary -

Car is pretty quiet when cruising, when reving up from 1-2k RPM, there's a bit of engine noise, but this is barely noticably when music is on.

As its a tall SUV, expect abit of roll, n bump more than a normal car. Feature wise - plentiful, beat the current Wish.

Sunroof, Auto headlights (HID), rain sensor, keyless entry/engine start, front indepenent air-con, electronic tail gate (wife n me like it), hill start (no more worry abt leaving steep carpark), steering wheel controls (audio/phone), GPS - bundled in, with bluetooth phone function.

Last but no least, comes with 7 airbag, and Euro NCAP 5stars, don't think its not useful. On my first day, a huge lamp dropped on my car roof and hit the bonnet, I only got some scratches on the body. Doubt my old Wish can survive that.

I hope to meet and stay in touch with any Outlander owner - not easy to link up as Mit is pretty quiet or in just in forum these days. :)

Hi Bwilly

I am considering the Outlander and would like to hear from an owner like you on your experience driving it. How's the steering handling at high speed and noise flitering from the road? How's the air-con performance on a hot day? I particularly concern on this and worry that it may not be cool enough for the back side passengers on a hot day.

Cheers

• Praise 1

Yes. I somehow ended up in the showroom that day, but actually did not decide until the next day. The sales lady was kind enough to follow up and work on the deal. They also offered a decent value for my trade in car.

For the Outlander, to get that 123k price you need to loan and trade in a car with them. For BM only need to loan min 30k. During my earlier round at the Mitsubishi showroom their opening offer was paper value for my current car. At that time I have not made up my mind yet so did not sit down and talk terms. Their margin, even at 123k, was higher than BM's on the Wish at 124k.

In the end I decided to just go for the Wish for lower running cost and stronger resale value to have a more reliable option to change car before the five year mark without too steep losses. I think based on BM's price, if they deliver to roughly current COE levels they would not make much money on the vehicle. Whatever that the dealer don't make - you save in depreciation cost.

Anyway hope you secure the Wish soon, it is always nice to drive a new car.

I managed to secure a remarkable 12.8km/L which I show one of our brother - Alvin here.

I never regretted my Wish purchase, and seem to miss it when I hand over my keys to the C&C second hand dealer.

When you sell it the next time, dealer will give you a good price when they know is from AD, and under warranty (5years within)

C&C is offering the same, plus 10years engine warranty, plus 5years FOC servicing. So I don't see any much hidden cost.

Except 20% increase in FC, $800 more in road tax.

But once you buy something, don't look buy! I paid $136k for my Outlander, matter of weeks, I lose almost "$10k".

I pay high, I got high (trade in). Life short, enjoy the new ride brother!

Hi Bwilly

I am considering the Outlander and would like to hear from an owner like you on your experience driving it. How's the steering handling at high speed and noise flitering from the road? How's the air-con performance on a hot day? I particularly concern on this and worry that it may not be cool enough for the back side passengers on a hot day.

Cheers

Hi there, how about you and one of our potential brother - mass buy?

I am sure you can get better deal, get all my freebies and more.

Remember now option for GPS headunit is an additional $1,500, remember number is power.

I have another friend who is looking at trading in his Merc B Class for this.

Back to the car, steering is fine at high speed you mean expressway? Pretty solid.

Remember it is on 18" tyre, and high profile SUV tyres.

You will get a rude "shock" when you go over uneven road fast, the feedback will jar you from your dreams/smile.

This is typical of any SUV. Same for low profile car, even a $1m sports car, need to go slow when over hump.

About the noise filtering, road noise and engine is quite alright. Better than my old Wish. Rev can be heard at low 1-2rpm when shifting up.

After that on steady highway and normal road, it is pretty quiet, so when they stated in the brochure that insulation improved, it is true.

At expressway, hitting up to 100km/hr, it is extremely comfort, almost like a luxury car. Minimum noise, just open up the sunroof to compare how much noise that your Outlander has actually filter off. :)

As for the air-con, so far I have parked under shade, and in my MSCP, as its "new". :)

Last night I asked my boy in the third row, he say ok, still can feel the air-con well at 3rd speed for fan, 4th speed, he can feel the fan well.

Air con is much colder than my old Wish definitely. If you worry about second/last row, add a mount fan in. :)

I will rate it a 8 out of 10 so far. :)

I have tested drive the Lexus GS250, their various RX. My wife say ok (compare to the Lexus SUV) when she sit as a passenger.

I am a very happy customer with this car. Just want to test the "real" mileage after my run in period and change to synthetic oil.

today saw on the road, at one glance i thought its new range rover sport haha

Outlander, quite a compliment than.

From the back, if you remove the badge, with the chio LED, you won't know its a Jap, and can easily pass off as a Conti SUV.

BTW, I am not a salesman, so don't think I am hard selling anything here. Just a happy customer.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

I have a lightly used set of window visors for the latest Outlander if anyone is keen. Used only for a week as I changed to factory ones. Fit is good just that I backsidd itchy wanted original ones.

PM me if keen. Thanks!

I have a lightly used set of window visors for the latest Outlander if anyone is keen. Used only for a week as I changed to factory ones. Fit is good just that I backsidd itchy wanted original ones.

PM me if keen. Thanks!

Thanks - this year I want to keep my window stock, to put the Singapore flag, reindeer accessories, my previous car cannot due to the visor. Haha..

Where do you get all your Outlander stuffs?

↡ Advertisement