2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Nowadays for SUV to be able to make it in the market, they just need to adhere to these conditions to cater for local needs;

1) Turbo / supercharged

2) Various engine option to tackle constant govt changes and ruling in COE (1L, 1.2L, 1.4L, 2.0L & 3.0L)

3) unlimited / 10yrs warranty

4) lifetime free servicing

5) competitive pricing

with these 5 factors, I believe any model will sell like hotcakes in the market.

• Praise 3

Will Tan Chong bring in 2014 X-trail?

Very good compact SUV,

http://www.------.com/news/8152/muscular-modern-and-all-new-nissan-x-trail-revealed

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11469

It looks like they are planning to introduce X-Trail this quarter. I have seen the reviews and it looks like a decent SUV with 7-seat.

This car is on my shortlist.

• Praise 2

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11469

It looks like they are planning to introduce X-Trail this quarter. I have seen the reviews and it looks like a decent SUV with 7-seat.

This car is on my shortlist.

I have read up some reviews on the 2014 X-trail. It seems the 7-seater is a bit too squeezy for the last row. Basically sacrifice the boot space for the last row seats. And the last row seats doesn't seems to meant for adult. At most, children or kids.

Design wise, it's definitely nicer and more appealing than its predecessor X-Trail. More of a hybrid design between qashai and Murano.. More sporty..

• Praise 2

Yes the car looks good , looking forward to see in person

How is it compared with the Santa Fe?

Definitely better than Santa Fe,

I have read up some reviews on the 2014 X-trail. It seems the 7-seater is a bit too squeezy for the last row. Basically sacrifice the boot space for the last row seats. And the last row seats doesn't seems to meant for adult. At most, children or kids.

Design wise, it's definitely nicer and more appealing than its predecessor X-Trail. More of a hybrid design between qashai and Murano.. More sporty..

Don't understand why nowadays SUV all trend to build 7 seater, actually it's meaning less I rather remove last row 2 seat for big boot space, can you imagine the feeling of carry 7 passengers on off road
  • Praise 1

Don't understand why nowadays SUV all trend to build 7 seater, actually it's meaning less I rather remove last row 2 seat for big boot space, can you imagine the feeling of carry 7 passengers on off road

Yep.. Fully agree with that. The last row seats simply defeats the whole purpose of a SUV. If I were to carry 7 pax, I may jolly well get a MPV instead. When I saw the review on 2014 X-Trail, 7 seater, I was not impressed at all. The guy doing the review had a hard time "squeezing" into the last row and even stuck when trying to get out. :)

And with the last row in, the boot space is simply gone. I guess SUV can never be used as a MPV. For me, just keep it as a SUV, forget about the the last row. That will be wonderful.. :)

• Praise 1

Just curious, if you flatten the last row do you think there would be lesser space than if there were no last row at all?

My opinion is that the difference in space would be insignificant, but there would be the added flexibility of having 2 seats for young kids. Safer for the kids too.

And btw SUV not really for off-roads lah, at least not the usual suspects we talking about. And we could definitely flatten the last row if need to.

Best of both worlds?

• Praise 2

are we there yet?

are we there yet??

i mean

issit here yet?

issit here yet??

[bounce2] checking this with the santa fe / forester [bounce2]

• Praise 1

my review 2011 X-trail, 2.5L NA,

180bhp/245Nm, 4AT,

1. low end sprint [thumbsup]

2. Middle range (60 to 100km/h) acceleration: acceptable

3. above 100km/h acceleration [:(] & [thumbsdown] , due to wind resistance and NA engine,

4. F/C about 10 to 11km/L 70% highway

5. Driving and handling: average

6. interior space: average, 2nd row leg room less than average (only 2 rows)

7. off road capability,

a. easily cross over beach sand with Auto 4WD,

b. bogged down in the mud with front wheels to skid, lock 4WD easily getting out,

c. climb up/down 35 degree slope with lock 4WD.

post-11132-0-31268900-1399700228_thumb.jpg

post-11132-0-78404500-1399700238_thumb.jpg

Anyone with experience with Toyota Kruger in Australia? Planning a road trip and deciding between renting Kruger and Pajero. Which is more spacious?

• Praise 1

I popped in for a look...no time to test drive though. Equipment fit is good. Better than Outlander. It has second row aircon. But 3rd row very cramped. Even hobbits will find it cramp. The seats are very comfortable though with both driver and passenger getting electric adjustable seats. Price is about 145k.

↡ Advertisement