2014 X-Trail

Quantum

No changing of engine oil?

Nope, if I'm not mistaken only at 10km then they change to synthetic oil, for you wanna confirm you can give tc a call

How much to top up for first servicing usually (if any)? I'm trying to redeem vouchers from DUO, don't want to over-redeem.

What you want to redeem? As for me I use my duo points for the the voucher n I will be buying the npmt(Nissan prevention maintenance something) so I do servicing up till 40km mileage(by right it's free only till 10km)
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Nope, if I'm not mistaken only at 10km then they change to synthetic oil, for you wanna confirm you can give tc a call

What you want to redeem? As for me I use my duo points for the the voucher n I will be buying the npmt(Nissan prevention maintenance something) so I do servicing up till 40km mileage(by right it's free only till 10km)

I didn't know they don't change the engine oil at 1k coz I hear of those that buy their cars thru PIs getting servicing warranty at 1k/5k/10k and those workshops really put in new engine oil.

Got 3 types of service vouchers on DUO:

1) Saver service

2) Standard service

3) Full service

Not sure how redeeming for which category would make a difference and what amount of minimum spending for each servicing is to be expected ($100, $250, $500, no limit).

Hypersonic

Service package from TC website show 1K servicing includes engine oil change. Anyone care to share their experience?

Asked DUO before over the phone. Can redeem different type of service vouchers but each subject to its t&c. Minimum sum to spend in some vouchers are high, may not be practical. Anyone care to share their experience?

post-170514-0-42492700-1464863503_thumb.png

Service package from TC website show 1K servicing includes engine oil change. Anyone care to share their experience?

Asked DUO before over the phone. Can redeem different type of service vouchers but each subject to its t&c. Minimum sum to spend in some vouchers are high, may not be practical. Anyone care to share their experience?

Weird nvm later my 5k mileage I ask whether got change engine oil or not

For XT owers that got the x-trail beige interior version, a few questions.

1. How do you usually maintain the interior?
  2. For the extra mats do you op for darker colors?
  3. Does the extra mats cover the boot area? if not how do you maintain?

(edited)

Car is delivered w mineral oil.

1k,5k servicing is change mineral oil, 10k onwards is fully synthetic oil.

Doesn't make economical sense for them to change fully synthetic oil at 1k and 5k cos fully synthetic can last 10k mileage.

Edited by Shawntcl

For XT owers that got the x-trail beige interior version, a few questions.

1. How do you usually maintain the interior?
  2. For the extra mats do you op for darker colors?
  3. Does the extra mats cover the boot area? if not how do you maintain?

hi koyo

for me,

1) I used leather care to protect the leather seats (my is beige) once every month (mine is 10month old)

2) for the additional car mat, I choose the same colour (beige)

3) Some SE do provide additional mat to the boots and 3rd row seats, mine didn't, so have I got myself a boot protector - water poof. (can be folded when deploy mine 3rd row).

hope info is useful.

(edited)

From what I gather a lot of us here even in qq we all used the duo to redeem (probably need pay $1100 instead of $1488) the Nissan preventive measure program up to 40km mileage covered

hi koyo

for me,

1) I used leather care to protect the leather seats (my is beige) once every month (mine is 10month old)

3) Some SE do provide additional mat to the boots and 3rd row seats, mine didn't, so have I got myself a boot protector - water poof. (can be folded when deploy mine 3rd row).

hope info is useful.

Your leather care you buy which brand? My current leather care lousy..how it's yours? Edited by uniquely_ad

Hypersonic

Car is delivered w mineral oil.

1k,5k servicing is change mineral oil, 10k onwards is fully synthetic oil.

Doesn't make economical sense for them to change fully synthetic oil at 1k and 5k cos fully synthetic can last 10k mileage.

My understanding from the brochure:

Complimentary 3 servicings (1K, 5K and 10K) using mineral oil (package F). To use synthetic oil, add $16 per litre so each time $64 (should be 4 litres).

NPMP $1,488 gives 4 servicings (10K, 20K, 30K and 40K) for 2 years or 40K whichever occurs earlier. The 10K appears to be a repetition in this case. For 3 servicings (packages A, B and C), it added up to $1,394. Why the NPMP at $1,488 costs more than $1,394?

Is the NPMP mean last servicing at 2 years even mileage lesser than 40K? Servicing at every 6 month even mileage lesser than 20K, 30K and 40K respectively?

Anyone care to share their experience?

Brochures

post-170514-0-07495100-1464914447_thumb.png

post-170514-0-59296000-1464914457_thumb.jpeg

Neutral Newbie

On a separate note, hubby mounted a gradual kerb (the corner of a wheelchair friendly path) just now while turning into a downward slope. I must say, suspension of the XT is pretty good coz if its our previous Hyundai Avante, sure can feel the suspension jialat even on normal ground. My hubby getting ready for offroad driving already......... [:p]

(edited)

My understanding from the brochure:

Complimentary 3 servicings (1K, 5K and 10K) using mineral oil (package F). To use synthetic oil, add $16 per litre so each time $64 (should be 4 litres).

NPMP $1,488 gives 4 servicings (10K, 20K, 30K and 40K) for 2 years or 40K whichever occurs earlier. The 10K appears to be a repetition in this case. For 3 servicings (packages A, B and C), it added up to $1,394. Why the NPMP at $1,488 costs more than $1,394?

Is the NPMP mean last servicing at 2 years even mileage lesser than 40K? Servicing at every 6 month even mileage lesser than 20K, 30K and 40K respectively?

Anyone care to share their experience?

Brochures

You read the npmp wrongly, it states 40km or 2years right

Example, after you finished your free 1k, 5k and 10km

If you buy the npmp you can use it on your next mileage at 20k, 30k, 40k and lastly 50k or every 6month up till 2years

10k X 4

So all in all you are covered till 50km fully.

On a separate note, hubby mounted a gradual kerb (the corner of a wheelchair friendly path) just now while turning into a downward slope. I must say, suspension of the XT is pretty good coz if its our previous Hyundai Avante, sure can feel the suspension jialat even on normal ground. My hubby getting ready for offroad driving already......... [:p]

That's the beauty of suv, can see the road view better too, if you wanna rev faster put the car on sports mode. Glad you are happy with the xtrail..any plans on doing any accessories? Edited by uniquely_ad

Hypersonic

You read the npmp wrongly, it states 40km or 2years right

Example, after you finished your free 1k, 5k and 10km

If you buy the npmp you can use it on your next mileage at 20k, 30k, 40k and lastly 50k or every 6month up till 2years

10k X 4

So all in all you are covered till 50km fully.

That's the beauty of suv, can see the road view better too, if you wanna rev faster put the car on sports mode. Glad you are happy with the xtrail..any plans on doing any accessories?

I think you are right on the NPMP. Did you redeem DUO points for NPMP? Which voucher?

I think you are right on the NPMP. Did you redeem DUO points for NPMP? Which voucher?

Havent yet, however during my 1k servicing while waiting i did ask about how to redeem it, the lady said just inform her and they'll do it everything at their place. im planning to do it once i reach my 10k

hi koyo

for me,

hope info is useful.

Thanks Chow!

1) Can you share what brand/type of leather care you are using

3) Can you share what type of boot protector did you get.

Notice that the list price increased by another $1000 today. those who was kiasu and bought the day after the change of rule was right this time.

(edited)

Your leather care you buy which brand? My current leather care lousy..how it's yours?

hi uniquely

sorry for late reply, just back from road trip with fellow XTs. Am using armor All leather care. I applied it once every month. so far so good. no comment.  But of course at the driver seats, pending the usage, tends to get a little wrinkle....

hope info is useful

Thanks Chow!

1) Can you share what brand/type of leather care you are using

3) Can you share what type of boot protector did you get.

hi Koyo

you are welcome.

as mention for 1) am using armor all leather care

as for 3) I bought my from aliexpress (also can be found from tao bao), it is water proof, so can hold any spillage see attached photos

hope info is useful

post-156194-0-74923200-1465095870_thumb.jpg

post-156194-0-50022900-1465095873_thumb.jpg

Edited by gorilla_chow
↡ Advertisement