2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Tell that first to all the people using hp when they drive.

Eyes off the road. Beat that.

lol

that's true.

ever saw one stupid lady sms while driving. honked the hell out of her.

↡ Advertisement

Tell that first to all the people using hp when they drive.

Eyes off the road. Beat that.

Now that you guys mentioned about eyes off road...

The position of Xtrail console Panel can be a distraction especially when Navi is activated. Can't keep eyes on the road if you want a quick check to see if the next turn is ahead.

That explains why the newer makes like Mazda Audi & BMW have 'protruding' screen in the Heads-up position.

Now that you guys mentioned about eyes off road...

The position of Xtrail console Panel can be a distraction especially when Navi is activated. Can't keep eyes on the road if you want a quick check to see if the next turn is ahead.

That explains why the newer makes like Mazda Audi & BMW have 'protruding' screen in the Heads-up position.

We are supposed to listen instead of watching the map. But I get what you mean.

Too bad.. Unless u pay 100k more for the HUD and a better car.

I hope you realize how incredibly dangerous driving at these speeds is on a public road. You may be experienced but all it takes is for a P-plate to accidentally switch lanes just before you passes him. Then 2 families would possibly lose their loved ones.

And I can't imagine why you want to test the cc at this kind of speed too. Cc is not meant to relieve the driver at fast speeds due to safety. Each sec of late reaction at 144km/h means 40m travelled, and I promise you, that's more than enough to kill a few cars in an accident.

Frame me if you want, but I nag because my family and I narrowly escaped death before because of a speeding Estima on the NSHW. That's my 10 and 6 year-old children who have yet to experience life, my wife whom so many people depend on in her line of work, and me, a nagger for safety.

If you want to test the limit of your XTrail, go do it in a circuit. If you still insist speeding at 170 is safe, do us a favor and don't hero-fy your experience on public forums like this.

I do agree with what is said here by Nextreal. We often go to oversea highway as a freedom highway without speed limits. 

I must add that we in Singapore are not that skill in driving compared to those in Malaysia. Their reflexes are better and they look ahead of traffic and anticipate other driver's next move. 

We are bless and taught to stay in lane. Overtaking is done with signals. But over in other countries highway, they dont signal intend. So we miss that car coming out in front of us. And remember, we have 4 other lives in our hand when we speed. 

We do not get any extra earlier to our destination by speeding. We may not even get there. 

I do agree with what is said here by Nextreal. We often go to oversea highway as a freedom highway without speed limits. 

I must add that we in Singapore are not that skill in driving compared to those in Malaysia. Their reflexes are better and they look ahead of traffic and anticipate other driver's next move. 

We are bless and taught to stay in lane. Overtaking is done with signals. But over in other countries highway, they dont signal intend. So we miss that car coming out in front of us. And remember, we have 4 other lives in our hand when we speed. 

We do not get any extra earlier to our destination by speeding. We may not even get there. 

Signal?? Here? you sure?? LOL

(edited)

Signal?? Here? you sure?? LOL

Heee, maybe not everyone, 

Remember long ago, drivers need to use hand signal to show changing lanes or turning. Nowadays, just flipping the signal also so lazy to do. 

Edited by SUV-Lover

(edited)

Can x-trail owners give information regarding auto door lock when moving off? i'm forgot to take note of that during test drive and saw some comments that it doesn't come default. So if it doesn't come default do your SE throw in? or have to self install?

Edited by Koyo

Can x-trail owners give information regarding auto door lock when moving off? i'm forgot to take note of that during test drive and saw some comments that it doesn't come default. So if it doesn't come default do your SE throw in? or have to self install?

doesnt come default.

If you want, they can install for you at 300+ a pop. or you can buy OBD add on from taobao at 100+rmb.

(edited)

doesnt come default.

If you want, they can install for you at 300+ a pop. or you can buy OBD add on from taobao at 100+rmb.

300+ from tcm? can you give me the search keyword for taobao? thanks.

Edited by Koyo

Hypersonic

Heard from another thread that it can be unlocked by pulling the door lever. You may want to check it out before purchase.

Hi guys wanna ask A question SE asked if I am free to make payment 2 weeks before car collection date? Is it standard procedure or make payment the day of collection ?

Hypersonic

At least one week before collection for TC to do up the remaining works for your new car.

Hi guys wanna ask A question SE asked if I am free to make payment 2 weeks before car collection date? Is it standard procedure or make payment the day of collection ?

Got COE on 5 May,  gave balance payment on 18 May, Car ready for collection on 20 May.

Hypersonic

Pocy bro what do you mean by remaining work? as in paper work?

Registration, insurance, road tax, etc

Window film, cameras, IU, etc

Hypersonic

One thing should also take note is the registration date. Everything will begin from there, your COE expiry, insurance, road tax, etc. Best is to register as close as practical to your collection of car. Cheers!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi all. I am soon to be owner to a new X-Trail, hoping to seek advice of seniors here.

Expecting delivery of new silver X-Trail sometime in July, and SE will be providing window visors for the car. Understood these will be just plain black visor, and will be covering the chrome trimming of the X-Trail windows. My current Nissan Sunny do have window visors and I find them extremely useful. I am just not sure if the plain black one will make the X-Trail ugly looking without the uniform chrome trimming. Anyone have the same, and have pictures to share?

Online I do see pictures of X-Trail with visors with chrome trimming but are they available here? how much it cost for local installation. I also saw that they are available on China website, wondering if it is easy to DIY if I were to order? Anyone tried?

Thinking if I should I forgo the free visors from SE, or just take it. If I take it, wondering if I can DIY to replace them with those from China website if I dun like the SE ones?

Thanks for any tips.

Edited by SunnyBlack
↡ Advertisement