2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Neutral Newbie

Bros who are looking at X trail. I have a black March 2016 unit 7000km mileage for sale due to overseas posting.

Contact me 9299576O.

↡ Advertisement

Lol my turn for questions: when i release the foot brake, at the end, there is a loud cluck sound. Is it normal?

I have the cluck sound too when releasing the foot brake. Don't think it is unusual.

Went for my 10k servicing today. Car seem to perform better after changing to synthetic oil..SE still came down to ask things are etc..good after sales service..any1 wan se recommendation pte message me

Also went for the 10k servicing yesterday and requested for fully synthetic oil. But the invoice showed only 3.8L topped up. I thought xtrail engine required at least 4l? Even my colleague's 1.2 qashqai was filled with 4.6l. Spoke to the service advisor and was told it was xtrail's capacity.

Now I'm concerned the previous oil was not drained fully or engine oil not topped up sufficiently. It would be detrimental to the engine. Would any kind sir help me to verify xtrail's engine oil capacity? Thanks!

post-16348-0-92990800-1469154780_thumb.jpeg

Neutral Newbie

Panerex77, not at all. Any Tan Chong motor service centre. And you can change mid-way too.

If buy from ubi Nissan, must go back to ubi for free servicing?

hi Panerex77

you can book your service at any of the 5 service center by TC (leng kee, uni, toa payoh, bukit merah and jurong).

Just went to pay balance payment today but do not know when can collect the car. Did not expect to be this fast...

Should be quite fast.

For me, car collection is within a week of final payment.

Neutral Newbie

just got the xt a week ago. have been getting avg 10.5km/l acc. to car system. very light footed and usually dont exceed 2k rpm.

also will likely hit 1k in about 2 weeks of driving.

anything to look out for at 1k servicing?

Hypersonic

just got the xt a week ago. have been getting avg 10.5km/l acc. to car system. very light footed and usually dont exceed 2k rpm.

New X-Trail owners, get your DUO points for some cost saving. If you are not familiar, go to its website or check with your SEs. Enjoy your new rides.

10.5km/l is good FC!

On hindsight, I should have redeemed some DUO points for synthesic oil during 1K servicing. Planning to it at 5K servicing. Cheers!

10.5 is super good!

Have u done manual calculation?

Also ordered this obd module and now pending shipment. The blinking-lights-while-door-is-opened function is especially useful as i often need to carry my 2 kids in and out of the car seats. The blinking would alert any oncoming car while i do the shifting. There are plenty functions for this obd. Besides auto lock while on the move, the module also self lock when enigne is off after 2 mins. Practical for me as many times i forgot to lock my car.

My main concern is the reliability of such obd. Think will have to try out the stated function thoroughly before considering using it for long term.

Hi JI25 can you provide your feedback on this please.

When should we change from minerial to synthetic engine oil?

hi Koyo

usually, 1k and 5k use mineral oil and from 10k onwards (eg, 20k, 30k) will be using synthetic oil. However, there are other who prefer to change to synthetic oil at their 5k, so meaning that the next servicing should be at 15k, 25k, using also synthetic oil..

as for the OBD for auto lock from Taobao, been using it for a month liao, working good. sent in the car with OBD auto lock during my 30k servicing. no issue.

post-156194-0-50833800-1469505828_thumb.jpg

hi Koyo

usually, 1k and 5k use mineral oil and from 10k onwards (eg, 20k, 30k) will be using synthetic oil. However, there are other who prefer to change to synthetic oil at their 5k, so meaning that the next servicing should be at 15k, 25k, using also synthetic oil..

as for the OBD for auto lock from Taobao, been using it for a month liao, working good. sent in the car with OBD auto lock during my 30k servicing. no issue.

Hi gorilla_chow,

Is this just plug and play? Easy to install ourselves?

↡ Advertisement