2014 X-Trail

Quantum

I have to agree that Harrier elegance comes with too little features for that price - as compared to X-Trail. Friends driving Harrier told me that the driving experience is quite sluggish / underpowered. Nevertheless Harrier is a popular choice for buyers looking for mid-size SUVs.

hahaha... do you have friends driving Xtrail?  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

hahaha... do you have friends driving Xtrail? [lipsrsealed]

Lol unfortunately no. I wouldn't expect a lot from X-Trail either la. Nowadays actually we are looking more for a comfortable ride more than anything else. As long as it's not severely underpowered, it should be a fair trade off.

Lol unfortunately no. I wouldn't expect a lot from X-Trail either la. Nowadays actually we are looking more for a comfortable ride more than anything else. As long as it's not severely underpowered, it should be a fair trade off.

very very subjective...

actually it all depends what cars you drove before also.

Ideally, the XTrail should have at least 170bhp... but actually even so, the CVT response is like a rubber band and a tad retarded. But the good thing is... it made me a much safer driver as i know what the car cannot do. 

very very subjective...

actually it all depends what cars you drove before also.

Ideally, the XTrail should have at least 170bhp... but actually even so, the CVT response is like a rubber band and a tad retarded. But the good thing is... it made me a much safer driver as i know what the car cannot do.

Hahaha. True.

Guess jappie jump into CVT is to promote safe driving.

Everytime u see a jap car got review by ang mo, CVT sure tio slam. I watch the x trail and forester XT review by aussie, very funny when they comment on the driving pleasure.

Hi bros.. my audio seems to erratically emit distorted audio sound that either sends a single loud pop or short interference noise through the speakers. Sometimes won't appear sometimes continues throughout same day. Even when audio is stock. Feedback to TCM during 1k service. They reset head unit but now start again.. any bro encounter this b4? Thanks

I have the same issue but not as loud and frequent, still bearing with it for now and observe further.

Another issue is the sound volume from different sources are not universal, e.g when listening to radio is just nice but when there is incoming call via Bluetooth the sound is like exploding.

Hi bros.. my audio seems to erratically emit distorted audio sound that either sends a single loud pop or short interference noise through the speakers. Sometimes won't appear sometimes continues throughout same day. Even when audio is stock. Feedback to TCM during 1k service. They reset head unit but now start again.. any bro encounter this b4? Thanks

Are u using any cameras?

Are u using any cameras?

Yes bro. The stock one for x trail front n rear think is papago or something... any effect? One diff is also I link an aftermarket HEADS UP DISPLAY to my OBD port... not sure whether this is affecting any grounding causing static etc... all speaker cables change as I change all speakers ..amp..processor etc. Only head unit not changed. This happens before ICE changed so no link. Head unit not changed. Playing from all inputs will happen.. disc.. radio.. Bluetooth etc

Yes bro. The stock one for x trail front n rear think is papago or something... any effect? One diff is also I link an aftermarket HEADS UP DISPLAY to my OBD port... not sure whether this is affecting any grounding causing static etc... all speaker cables change as I change all speakers ..amp..processor etc. Only head unit not changed. This happens before ICE changed so no link. Head unit not changed. Playing from all inputs will happen.. disc.. radio.. Bluetooth etc

Can U can check which equipment is causing the interference by pulling out the powerline one by one? My camera apparently was causing my rear speakers to crack. Had to change the camera. All ok now. Edited by QashqiGrey

Can U can check which equipment is causing the interference by pulling out the powerline one by one? My camera apparently was causing my rear speakers to crack. Had to change the camera. All ok now.

Yup... shall do that.. though the problem don't usually instantly appear.. so possibly have to remove the power line few days to ascertain.. thanks for your tip on your experience..

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys interested in this car, but the concern i have is, can i fit 2 child seat at the rear center and side, and still seat a 3rd person comfortably. Any of you have done this and have photos for me to see if the space is very tight.

when down to take a look, but wife tried the rear center and she didn't feel comfortable sitting in the rear center.

thanks

Hi guys interested in this car, but the concern i have is, can i fit 2 child seat at the rear center and side, and still seat a 3rd person comfortably. Any of you have done this and have photos for me to see if the space is very tight.

when down to take a look, but wife tried the rear center and she didn't feel comfortable sitting in the rear center.

thanks

ISOFIX is only available on the left and right rear passenger seats. The centre one only has a rear anchor I believe. I use a relatively large child seat and I think having 2 side-by-side will definitely be challenging.

Neutral Newbie

Encounter an unusual situation today. Both of my cigarette sockets are not functioning.

Restarted the car but situation remained the same.

Is this something that needs to be rectified with Tan Chong, or due to certain configuration.

Prior to today, I was using them to charge my mobile phones.

Encounter an unusual situation today. Both of my cigarette sockets are not functioning.

Restarted the car but situation remained the same.

Is this something that needs to be rectified with Tan Chong, or due to certain configuration.

Prior to today, I was using them to charge my mobile phones.

I'm guessing the cigarette lighter sockets' main fuse could have been tripped? Not sure, but potentially could be that.

Neutral Newbie

I'm guessing the cigarette lighter sockets' main fuse could have been tripped? Not sure, but potentially could be that.

Thanks. I just hope it will be an easy fix for Tan Chong, and of course hopefully free under warranty.

Thanks. I just hope it will be an easy fix for Tan Chong, and of course hopefully free under warranty.

It definitely sounds like something that is covered under warranty!
↡ Advertisement