2014 X-Trail

Quantum

I think this question only tan chong can answer you

China OEM HU... Can't expect much. Any 'orginal' or better HU that can be used in Xtrail? I know of people who mod to add a tablet in place. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Would like to seek some advise here on deciding factors between QQ & Xtrail. Aside from price and the +2 option, what are your thoughts please? I prefer the size of the Xtrail, but am not fan of the sunroof and I find the steering wheel very 'unsleek' :D, and the +2 is unnecessary for me.

Btw, anyone did servicing at the T.payoh branch? How is the service?

Thanks

I had the same issue and got the card replaced foc.

Card replaced at TC too. Quick job. settled within one morning.

Hi

Would like to seek some advise here on deciding factors between QQ & Xtrail. Aside from price and the +2 option, what are your thoughts please? I prefer the size of the Xtrail, but am not fan of the sunroof and I find the steering wheel very 'unsleek' :D, and the +2 is unnecessary for me.

Btw, anyone did servicing at the T.payoh branch? How is the service?

Thanks

hi Nani

I choose Xtrail over qq, for the following reasons.

1) the + 2 is optional, if you don't need it...keep it down, as for me I hardly use it...but it come in handy when I require them (last use was road trip to melaca with both my parents, so my younger boy got to sit at the back..(total 4 adults and 2 kids)

2) the auto 4 wd, again, this come in handy during wet weather, and when you decide to go for a road trip. it can be toggle between 2 wd (front), Auto mode (meaning will only activate the back wheel when necessary) and the 4wd lock (do take note at this function, you can not be travel fast - > 40km/h.....its for off road)

3) the sun roof, my boys love it....but if you don't require...you can always close it and you won't even notice...

4) and the size..bigger....so more comfy and safer to drive...at least mentally...

done my 20 and 30 k servicing at Toa payoh....to me ok....but in the xtrail chat group, they mention that bukit timah and leng kee provide better service and the technician are better (again subjective).

hope the info is useful.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thank you so much for your input, it's certainly useful. I hv been reading this thread and am at page 28 still a long way to go

Edited by Nani

Thank you so much for your input, it's certainly useful. I hv been reading this thread and am at page 28 still a long way to go ð

For a quick guide, may I ask how's the fc and maintenance cost thus far?

Actually anyone can advice which year has this current model been around and when is TC bringing the next?

Usually it's 10-11km/l

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has installed a sliding tonneau covers for your xtrail or was it a freebie from your purchase?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Pardon me for asking again, anyone can advice which year has this current model been around and any idea when is TC bringing the next face lift?

Pardon me for asking again, anyone can advice which year has this current model been around and any idea when is TC bringing the next face lift?

Pls see thread title

Neutral Newbie

Yup, no answer to my part 2 :/

Wonder what is the different between 2016 and 2017 model..

Anyone going to sign up for X-Trail soon? I'm planning to go down this Sat and we may be able to squeeze for better prices if we could nego together. PM me your contacts if interested.

Neutral Newbie

I just pm you please check

Anyone going to sign up for X-Trail soon? I'm planning to go down this Sat and we may be able to squeeze for better prices if we could nego together. PM me your contacts if interested.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Those have installed sharkfin antenna, can share how's your reception like please?

And if installed, is it hard to remove? Will it affect the paint?

Many thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Those have installed sharkfin antenna, can share how's your reception like please?

Many thanks

Hi, I have installed it since I collection but changed to short antenna after few months as the reception is not so good especially in tunel or near airport.... When i remove the sharkfin antenna after few months use, it took some effort and require to polish and wax to remove the glue but the paint is ok. It is a 3M tape. 

(edited)

Hi

Many thanks

for my case, the sharkfin was terrible lah...

ended up now if i need radio, i link to my phone using TuneIn and Bluetooth.

but benefits are : 1. The car looks way better. 2. Less fearful when you enter carparks.

One of the bros here actually had the antennae base broken when the antennae was caught by the barrier. 

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement