2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Neutral Newbie

Noticed most serviced at BT, LK or Ubi, anyone service at T.payoh, can share your feedback pls?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

When you changed the aircon filter (at ?k km)?

How much? At TCM or other workshop?

Also noticed ac smells kinda stale after starting engine. Due to ac filter??

Hypersonic

Also noticed ac smells kinda stale after starting engine. Due to ac filter??

No smell, just asking. Mine 12k, your mileage now?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The SE discouraged testing of the 4WD lock mode when I did test drive last year too, citing speed limitation on hard pavement to avoid mechanical damage, and recommended the auto mode instead. Insightful article below:

http://www.rubicon-trail.com/4WD101/how-fast-4WD-AWD.html

What SE said is true. I have experience driving 4WD army vehicle (same theory applies) over extensive use will destroy gear box. 4WD in short is meant for crazy terrain. Off road. Minor hump Etc doesn't even requires 4WD. In general if we are driving on normal sg road. Forget the 4WD

Anybody changed the tyre? There is not much choices for tyre size of 225/60R18. Toa Payoh service center only has Bridgestone and Yokohama. Any recommendations?

Hypersonic

Anybody changed the tyre? There is not much choices for tyre size of 225/60R18. Toa Payoh service center only has Bridgestone and Yokohama. Any recommendations?

How much is Toa Payoh charging? Remember other brands in forum but lower profile like 50 or 45.
  • Praise 1

How much is Toa Payoh charging? Remember other brands in forum but lower profile like 50 or 45.

$280 Bridgestone and $290 Yokohama per piece if I remember correctly. Never ask the exact model. My current original tyre is Dunlop Grantrek.
  • Praise 1

6th Gear

No smell, just asking. Mine 12k, your mileage now?

Mine is 28K+. Will ask TC to checkout my ac filter during my 30K svc. 

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

Just placed an order for XT at Expo yesterday, hopefully will get my car soon.

Hypersonic

Is our X-Trail cigarette lighter meant to be always on even the car is not switched on?

• Praise 7

(edited)

Dear XT members

For those who are using the defauit Papago Gosafe 360 provided by TCM, do you realize that the video recording does not record both front and back simultaneously?

Ie when the front cam is recording, the back is not.

This gives rise to a potential situation where something critical happens in front, sway sway the front cam may not be recording.

Or maybe it is user (i.e., myself) problem who does not know how to use it properly?

thanks for advice.

Edited by Panerex77

Supercharged

Dear XT members

For those who are using the defauit Papago Gosafe 360 provided by TCM, do you realize that the video recording does not record both front and back simultaneously?

Ie when the front cam is recording, the back is not.

This gives rise to a potential situation where something critical happens in front, sway sway the front cam may not be recording.

Or maybe it is user (i.e., myself) problem who does not know how to use it properly?

thanks for advice.

I'm using the same dashcam, albeit from another AD, and it appears to be recording both front and back simultaneously with red dot LED light blinking and displays of both front and back traffic on the LCD screen at the same time. I've not made any change to the default setting made by the installer. How did you realize that only one camera but not both are recording at any one time?

I've another question though; after presetting the time for the SD card reformatting, will the reformatting take place automatically when due or does the dashcam simply notify you to manually carry out the reformatting?

Supercharged

I'm using the same dashcam, albeit from another AD, and it appears to be recording both front and back simultaneously with red dot LED light blinking and displays of both front and back traffic on the LCD screen at the same time. I've not made any change to the default setting made by the installer. How did you realize that only one camera but not both are recording at any one time?

I've another question though; after presetting the time for the SD card reformatting, will the reformatting take place automatically when due or does the dashcam simply notify you to manually carry out the reformatting?

Just reaffirmed that the reformatting has to be carried out manually, and the interval setting just serves as a reminder to prompt us to perform the re-format.

Hypersonic

Anyone installed surbo for your X-Trail? Does it help to improve power and FC? And side effect?

Collecting my X-Trail this coming week. Hope to be able to contribute to and learn something from this forum.

Already ordered Integrated TPMS. Works beautifully for the Qashqai. Hope it works for the X-Trail.

For the X-Trail horn, is it as bad as the Qashqai horn?

Hypersonic

Horn not as soft as QQ, but cost a small sum $60 to change. I changed mine after a near accident incident.

• Praise 2

Dear forum friends,

In case you are not in the Facebook group and missed this out. I recently participated in a trial and installed this dashboard integrated 12.1" Android HU. Still testing in progress and will share more information when available!

Meanwhile, made a video highlighting some features for sharing!

https://flic.kr/p/UfrC2x

https://youtu.be/98aEwDKuzCQ

↡ Advertisement