2014 X-Trail

Quantum

maybe can try to turn the rear camera 180 degree.

Errmm,.... dun think it's corrected dat way.  Anyway, SA says they will rectify when I send in for 1st service.

BTW,... I think I read some where in this thread, but can't find it,...  regarding the front wipers.

Someone mentioned design flaw.

How to bring up the wiper when the bonnet is down??  Driver side cannot lift up for cleaning...  :slow:  :blink:

Why so duh wan??? :dizzy:

↡ Advertisement

BTW,... I think I read some where in this thread, but can't find it,...  regarding the front wipers.

Someone mentioned design flaw.

How to bring up the wiper when the bonnet is down??  Driver side cannot lift up for cleaning...  :slow:  :blink:

Why so duh wan??? :dizzy:

Certainly not very practical but not sure you can call it a flaw.

Push the wiper lever up twice within 0.5 seconds.

(edited)

Now that I have used the Integrated TPMS for more than 6 months and on both Qashqai and X-Trail, I can share some "cons":

1. Prices fluctuate. You can buy at $120 and the next day it goes down to $100

2. You may be lucky and get a dud. So far only one person I know has been that lucky

3. The OBD is a tad too big for the OBD compartment cover to close fully. The left side cannot click into place. Many of us just leave it as it is. But you can also buy a OBD extension cable (or splitter) to overcome this. I bought two of them, but still in box. Decided not to bother.

4. The reading is to the nearest 10kPa e.g. 190, 200, 210, 220 kPa. No 215kPa.

5. Centre of display shows 250kPa. Seems like some kind of reference pressure. But it cannot be changed. Or I don't know how to. From testing, the warning triggers if the pressure goes down to 160kPa.

6. This OBD does not change any of the engine parameters so it should be ok. So far, many users just left it in when they send car to TCM for servicing. But one user reported being asked what it is. If you are cautious, you can just unplug it. For the console display, go to Settings and uncheck TPMS display.

7. When you do a tire rotation, obviously the display gets mixed up. You can reconfigure the display (instructions in earlier post). But lazy me (and others) just reconfigure my brain to remember that the tires have been rotated. Works fine. After all, the tires are going to be rotated again at next servicing. So, save the trouble!

8. Advert says can last 5 to 6 years but who knows? Maybe the price will be $50 then. Or maybe I will not be driving this car.

Edited by Kstoh
  • Praise 1

Now that I have used the Integrated TPMS for more than 6 months and on both Qashqai and X-Trail, I can share some "cons":

1. Prices fluctuate. You can buy at $120 and the next day it goes down to $100

2. You may be lucky and get a dud. So far only one person I know has been that lucky

3. The OBD is a tad too big for the OBD compartment cover to close fully. The left side cannot click into place. Many of us just leave it as it is. But you can also buy a OBD extension cable (or splitter) to overcome this. I bought two of them, but still in box. Decided not to bother.

4. The reading is to the nearest 10kPa e.g. 190, 200, 210, 220 kPa. No 215kPa.

5. Centre of display shows 250kPa. Seems like some kind of reference pressure. But it cannot be changed. Or I don't know how to. From testing, the warning triggers if the pressure goes down to 160kPa.

6. This OBD does not change any of the engine parameters so it should be ok. So far, many users just left it in when they send car to TCM for servicing. But one user reported being asked what it is. If you are cautious, you can just unplug it. For the console display, go to Settings and uncheck TPMS display.

7. When you do a tire rotation, obviously the display gets mixed up. You can reconfigure the display (instructions in earlier post). But lazy me (and others) just reconfigure my brain to remember that the tires have been rotated. Works fine. After all, the tires are going to be rotated again at next servicing. So, save the trouble!

8. Advert says can last 5 to 6 years but who knows? Maybe the price will be $50 then. Or maybe I will not be driving this car.

Have anyone tried something like the external TPMS without connecting to the OBD??

post-62109-0-50096500-1500135382_thumb.jpg

Also,... was jus wondering,..  when i collected me lady,... i noticed that it did not has the GPS thingy on the dash (like the image below).

SA says,.. it's probably hidden. 

Is this true??

I've seen cars with the attached image on the dash which is the GPS thingy.  Is mine missing??

I've tried the NAVI,... it seems to work,... although it's very soft,.. have to crank up the volume to hear the directions.

post-62109-0-92647300-1500135708_thumb.jpg

(edited)

This is the non-integrated TPMS with sensor. Other users are using but not this model. What is good about this model and where are you going to mount the display? Looks bulky. How much?

Yes, there should be an antenna for the GPS. But if your gps works, that means there is one somewhere. Nothing to do with volume.

Is yours the latest model just announced?

Edited by Kstoh

This is the non-integrated TPMS with sensor. Other users are using but not this model. What is good about this model and where are you going to mount the display? Looks bulky. How much?

Yes, there should be an antenna for the GPS. But if your gps works, that means there is one somewhere. Nothing to do with volume.

Is yours the latest model just announced?

Not sure what is the latest model.  Manufactured is stated as 2017.

Do you have the GPS thingy on your dash?

On the TPMS,... I'm still getting the details.

Was told it is solar powered, hence jus leave it on the dash board, either use double sided or put on non-slip mat.

Permanent display.  Shows pressure and temperature.

Dimension wise,... not so big.

Height = less than 2.5cm (on the thicker side) .  Width = 8.5cm.  Depth = 5cm

Once I get more details, will post.  Getting this from a Malaysian distributor.

I have the GPS receiver in my 2016 Qashqai with old HU but there is nothing on the dashboard of my 2017 X-Trail with new HU.

Just my personal opinion but I find this TPMS too big. I did a quick search and found many similar models on taobao for between $50 to $200.

I have the GPS receiver in my 2016 Qashqai with old HU but there is nothing on the dashboard of my 2017 X-Trail with new HU.

Just my personal opinion but I find this TPMS too big. I did a quick search and found many similar models on taobao for between $50 to $200.

Ok,... so in dat case, mine will not have the GPS receiver as well since I have the 2017 X-trail.

Curious,... tot the HU has always been the same.

Those TPMS on taobao,... any of them with color display?

OK,.. just to update.

First 1k service done.

Camera fixed,.... they reset the software or console (HUD).  So seems to be fine for now.

SA say, new HUD so GPS receiver is hidden.  Tried NAVI,... works fine,.. though a bit slow.

Reaction of Google map on my HP seems faster.

On the wiper issue,... not easy.  Have to be real fast.

SA took a few tries to get it into position where you can remove/change/clean the wiper blades.

Question:

Din notice earlier,... but is the door lock/unlock buttons on the driver side suppose to illuminate when lights are turned on??

Mine does not.  Only the (A) for the Power Window is light up.

Do let me know,... else have to bring car in or wait till 5k service to rectify...  [sweatdrop] 

TQ.

SA say, new HUD so GPS receiver is hidden.  Tried NAVI,... works fine,.. though a bit slow.

Reaction of Google map on my HP seems faster.

Mobile phone GPS always gets a faster location fix because of AGPS (Assisted GPS), which is not available on standalone GPS units like Garmin or car in-built units.

Neutral Newbie

Any idea when is the facelift X-Trail will reach Singapore?

I heard current model is no longer available, so new FL model should be coming soon.

I heard current model is no longer available, so new FL model should be coming soon.

FL is available for booking but no test drive.  Collection in September or even October

Neutral Newbie

FL is available for booking but no test drive. Collection in September or even October

Thanks for the info, will go TC showroom to check out the FLX-Trail.

For some reasons, TC only advertised for FL Qashqai but not for FL X-Trail

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know the price for the FL version?

Not sure for the final selling price but based on the latest price list in sgcarmart, the list price is $138,300 and the price increased 9K from the previous round of binding.

Hi,

How is the pickup for X-trail? Is it sluggish? It is the same engine as Qashqai 2.0.

If it's the same model as in Feb - and i think it still is - then it might indeed feel a little bit sluggish.

This is because it's CVT, and also it's hp:kg ratio is bit lower than other SUVs like Forester, Tucson, Outlander, Kuga, Sportage, etc. It's bit heavier, and has the lowest hp among the lot.

Thanks for the info, will go TC showroom to check out the FLX-Trail.

For some reasons, TC only advertised for FL Qashqai but not for FL X-Trail

You're welcome. The FL is quite significant in terms of look and features.  Engine is the same though, but emission standard is Euro 6 now.  Price-wise quite comparable to the current model.  I booked  [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2