2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Turbocharged

Nps I hope so too but in Sgp 2 WD mode should do it,

Our ride arrives in Sept so I am not 100% sure but the demo car I recall had a instrument cluster similar to the QQ 1.2 (is this what you are referring too?)

I recall this cause the sales chap was turning the knobs to show how the LCD in the cluster can "change color one" [laugh] on top of the other electro gizmo's

No worries I am sure you won't be disappointed.

nissan-qashqai-review-2014_44.jpg

Mecury1, thks for sharing e vid. Really cool video tho. Hope the smart technology makes xtrail a safe car to drive!

Just learnt from bro ordix at the qq fhread that xtrail instrument panel is outdated and diff from the qq 1.2's. Not sure how big the diff are but i know xtrail is lacking the digital speedo. Sigh. Wat mode r u guys using while u drive?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

yes mercury1, this is the instrument cluster (or main info panel) that i am talking about. I am not sure the differences btw x trail's and qq 1.2's. I understand that qq 2.0's instrument cluster is likely to be similar to that of x trail but qq 1.2's is a a better class above qq 2.0 and x trail.

i am currently driving a civic and am so used to looking at the digital speedometer. a bit pity that Tan Chong did not upgrade the x trail's instrument cluster to include digital speedometer. besides showing a speedometer, i dunno what else is good to be shown.

why is your ride arriving so late? i booked before the last rd of COE bidding and the stock will arrive in July.

Nps I hope so too but in Sgp 2 WD mode should do it,

Our ride arrives in Sept so I am not 100% sure but the demo car I recall had a instrument cluster similar to the QQ 1.2 (is this what you are referring too?)

I recall this cause the sales chap was turning the knobs to show how the LCD in the cluster can "change color one" [laugh] on top of the other electro gizmo's

No worries I am sure you won't be disappointed.

nissan-qashqai-review-2014_44.jpg

Edited by slowloris25

Turbocharged

Hrmm, the photo I attached is the QQ1.2 and I am sure the cluster I saw on the Xtrail was the same but I could be wrong. Didn't spend much time with it, I guess we have to hope then [grin] But I am 100% certain it has the LCD section in the middle between the two speedo's for the demo car anyway.

Actually it will be my mum's car, she is scrapping her old one late this year and I think she got smoked by the TC on the timeline, anyway since she wasn't in a rush I didn't push further on that. I just hope they can secure that coe and provide a fuss free delivery.

yes mercury1, this is the instrument cluster (or main info panel) that i am talking about. I am not sure the differences btw x trail's and qq 1.2's. I understand that qq 2.0's instrument cluster is likely to be similar to that of x trail but qq 1.2's is a a better class above qq 2.0 and x trail.

i am currently driving a civic and am so used to looking at the digital speedometer. a bit pity that Tan Chong did not upgrade the x trail's instrument cluster to include digital speedometer. besides showing a speedometer, i dunno what else is good to be shown.

why is your ride arriving so late? i booked before the last rd of COE bidding and the stock will arrive in July.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

No worries, there are so many aftermarket stuff to add on if you're interested. I have some on my current /previous rides too and won't void warranty for instance

HUD Speedometer

thum_1821054c2df7c84e81d.jpg

Bluetooth ODB (for Android & Torque App) or Wifi adapter for Iphone

maxresdefault.jpg

Really? Sigh. I like gadgets n stuff. Too bad for me then!

Does it look like this one? Cause the Xtrail and the QQ on the Nissan site look exactly the same, if got difference I would be interested to know where they are (curious lah)? Is it due to the turbo function?

post-78681-0-54112000-1431262533.jpg

The QQ 1.2T speedo.. a lot of things to play one.

woah. the hud speedometer looks gd. i saw one on my friend's BMW before.

i only know that qq1.2 turbo has the digital speedometer whereas qq2.0 and x trail do not have. to me, its kinda important to have though. may need some time to get used to the analogue speedo. i think need to ask the guys over at qq thread to find out more. :)

No worries, there are so many aftermarket stuff to add on if you're interested. I have some on my current /previous rides too and won't void warranty for instance

HUD Speedometer

thum_1821054c2df7c84e81d.jpg

Bluetooth ODB (for Android & Torque App) or Wifi adapter for Iphone

maxresdefault.jpg

Does it look like this one? Cause the Xtrail and the QQ on the Nissan site look exactly the same, if got difference I would be interested to know where they are (curious lah)? Is it due to the turbo function?

attachicon.gifInterior-ADAD.jpg

The feature, size and the price of the X-Trail looks very good to me as well. I did a test drive on it during the weekend. Coming from a Cefiro owner (230JM), here is my like & dislike:

Like :

- Good all around feature - GPS, bird's eye view camera, panoramic roof etc. Very feature rich

- suspension - good comfortable suspension. Does not have chance to drive it hard into a corner, so, corning is unknown

Dislike :

- steering is too light, no feeling at all (noted, I am using a Cefiro, not BMW)

- Engine too noisy. The engine is a bit underpower, when pushed, very noise

- size is BIG. A bit difficult to gauge the corners. But I guess it should improve when driving it daily.

Thanks for the feedback. Will additional sound proofing help to reduce the engine noise in the cabin?

• Praise 1

soundproofing will definitely help i guess. not sure how that will affect the engine and the weight of the car.

to those already driving the x trails, how is the real life FC like? so far, any issues with the drive?

1st Gear
(edited)

Hi All; I have got a stupid question to ask.. The New X-Trail comes with keyless entry, may I know does it comes with Alarm? or do we need to fix one ourselves? it might looks stupid to carry two dongle around...

Edited by Tua

Turbocharged

I believe it does not come with Alarm, or least the SE didn't mention it

Hi All; I have got a stupid question to ask.. The New X-Trail comes with keyless entry, may I know does it comes with Alarm? or do we need to fix one ourselves? it might looks stupid to carry two dongle around...

1st Gear

Any Recommendation to fix one, that can be integrated with the keyless entry? In that way, we will not need to carry two dongle.

Regards

CK DUA

Any Recommendation to fix one, that can be integrated with the keyless entry? In that way, we will not need to carry two dongle.

Regards

CK DUA

I am not sure why you need a separate alarm system. I believe the Nissan smart key comes with lock and unlock function and immobilizer. I don't think it has an alarm. But the vehicle won't start without the smart key. Therefore, normally won't be stolen. I know some people want the "alarm" function to find the car in car park

1st Gear

I need the Alarm system because, I drive to Malaysia frequently an Alarm might help to notify if there is a force entry.. maybe I am too old school...

This was the visual garage fin antenna that I installed today.

DSC_0043_zpsmbyjsqph.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsjahlvhys.jpg

IMG_20150518_153320_zpsbyv96t5g.jpg

IMG_20150518_153429_zpsldjhnefz.jpg

Nice [thumbsup]

Bro are the two front seats zero gravity seats or only the driver's seat?

Nice! I am really keen to install that too once my ride is here. Is a cosmetic or working antenna? Will it void the warranty?

Hmmm..is the shark antenna of regular size? It looks small on the x trail. or just that x trail is big. Lol.

This was the visual garage fin antenna that I installed today.

DSC_0043_zpsmbyjsqph.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsjahlvhys.jpg

IMG_20150518_153320_zpsbyv96t5g.jpg

IMG_20150518_153429_zpsldjhnefz.jpg

↡ Advertisement