Car accident after trade in value confirmed

Ocar

From what you said, dealer doesn't seem interested in condition of the car. So why bother too?

↡ Advertisement

If dealer has seen the car, I would declare to avoid possible legal implications. If he wants to reduce price, we can call off deal and I can look for another buyer, doesn't mean I have to tell new potential buyer, caveat emptor.

Recently when I do trade-in at Mazda, I need to sign a form to declare if my car is accident-free. The car will be sent for inspection and if fail, then the deal will be off + some penalty imposed. This step was not informed when negotiating but only when handing over. So better check properly.

But the definition of accident is those bang hard type, those scratches then re-sprayed not considered.

But the trade-in value there quite high, spotted my car in sgcarmart for only $7.5k margin, haha.

Supersonic

Recently when I do trade-in at Mazda, I need to sign a form to declare if my car is accident-free. The car will be sent for inspection and if fail, then the deal will be off + some penalty imposed. This step was not informed when negotiating but only when handing over. So better check properly.

But the definition of accident is those bang hard type, those scratches then re-sprayed not considered.

But the trade-in value there quite high, spotted my car in sgcarmart for only $7.5k margin, haha.

Doesn't have to be chassis damage (that is a "serious" accident that actually affects the driving characteristics of the car). Even replaced doors/panels never quite align properly and/or never "feel" right. These can easily be detected during even a cursory inspection.

A dent on the door if i presume correctly will not affect the trade in value. Dealers usualy don bother as they will do up the car swee swee to cover up any damage. Naked eyes under normal lighting will not be able to tell.

It happen to me once...I scrap the rear bumper when I was parking...I told the dealer about the damage...he say never mind...my car was going to scrap...

Really depends on the dealer...if he wants to sell the car or scrap it.

↡ Advertisement