Malaysia: 4D3N Idemitsu Eco Driveaway (20 – 23 Jun)

pChou

Neutral Newbie

Think its about 7hours + 45mins to foot of simpang pulai route off Ipoh town..climb up should take another 30-45mins...add in optional stopover along NSHW, plus minus reach the hotel probably about 9-9.5 hours.

More powerful vehicle or more gung-ho drivers might reach earlier. [:p]

If exit Tapah and hit the winding road to Cameron Highland is nearer but a lot of turning...You will be reaching Tanah Rata first, But top up Fuel before going up below and top of the Highland have petrol station think its Shell...but all in all Best place to be...

Just came from Idemitsu Eco Driveaway yesterday evening and was stuck in 2nd link jammed toward Tuas checkpoint on the bridge for 1 hour 40 minutes.

Early Friday morning around 6am, drivers with families and friends, Idemitsu's staff and UFM100.3 DJ Carine Ang were gathered at West Coast Macdonald for briefing before set off. 25 participated cars and 5 testing cars were decorated with stickers.

All cars finally reached Cameron Highland hotel around 5pm by the new route. The convoy cars were traveling between 120 to 140km speed. After the buffet dinner, most of us went to Brinchang night market by the arranged shuttle bus at 7.30pm. Though we felt tired after hours of driving, the cool weather made strolling at the night market very comfortable. Thanks to the shuttle buses, we did have to worry for parking problem.

The next day was a relaxed day visited the Boh tea plantation, strawberry farm, bee farm and Kea market by arranged buses. Most of us bought the sweet pearl corn and perhaps sweet pototes.

Dinner was fun at the hotel ballroom and we were entertained by Carine and Muzlan (event organizer) with games and prizes.

Next day we departed Cameron Highland to Melaka and drove by Tapah route due to new route was congested on Sunday morning. I enjoyed driving the windy old road down the mountain and we we're fortunate there were not many lorries and coaches. The old road seem to be better with no pole holes.

Overall the driveway was fun and my family really enjoyed especially the kid who missed the Jack and Wei Long Kor Kors who alway played with him. During the pre trip car inspection, my car was changed to Idemitsu Extreme 5W40 fully synthetic oil, it indeed improved fuel consumption and reduce engine oil.

Thanks to Idemitsu, Sgcarmart and UFM100.3 for organizing this fun drive away trip.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Hello! Good to know that you have enjoy this trip!!!

Anyway, this is for Aven(dunno if i spell it correctly anot, pardon me if i spell wrongly) as a memento!

post-137774-0-85599200-1403592417_thumb.jpg

Just came from Idemitsu Eco Driveaway yesterday evening and was stuck in 2nd link jammed toward Tuas checkpoint on the bridge for 1 hour 40 minutes.

Early Friday morning around 6am, drivers with families and friends, Idemitsu's staff and UFM100.3 DJ Carine Ang were gathered at West Coast Macdonald for briefing before set off. 25 participated cars and 5 testing cars were decorated with stickers.

All cars finally reached Cameron Highland hotel around 5pm by the new route. The convoy cars were traveling between 120 to 140km speed. After the buffet dinner, most of us went to Brinchang night market by the arranged shuttle bus at 7.30pm. Though we felt tired after hours of driving, the cool weather made strolling at the night market very comfortable. Thanks to the shuttle buses, we did have to worry for parking problem.

The next day was a relaxed day visited the Boh tea plantation, strawberry farm, bee farm and Kea market by arranged buses. Most of us bought the sweet pearl corn and perhaps sweet pototes.
Dinner was fun at the hotel ballroom and we were entertained by Carine and Muzlan (event organizer) with games and prizes.

Next day we departed Cameron Highland to Melaka and drove by Tapah route due to new route was congested on Sunday morning. I enjoyed driving the windy old road down the mountain and we we're fortunate there were not many lorries and coaches. The old road seem to be better with no pole holes.

Overall the driveway was fun and my family really enjoyed especially the kid who missed the Jack and Wei Long Kor Kors who alway played with him. During the pre trip car inspection, my car was changed to Idemitsu Extreme 5W40 fully synthetic oil, it indeed improved fuel consumption and reduce engine oil.

Thanks to Idemitsu, Sgcarmart and UFM100.3 for organizing this fun drive away trip.

Thanks KobayashiGT! I will save the pic to show it to Evans. He was very emo in the on the way back to Sg while looking at the pics taken from the mobile. He said he missed the kor kors & his now found from your pic. He is addicted to driving trip and start asking will be another trip in Dec.

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thanks KobayashiGT! I will save the pic to show it to Evans. He was very emo in the on the way back to Sg while looking at the pics taken from the mobile. He said he missed the kor kors & his now found from your pic. He is addicted to driving trip and start asking will be another trip in Dec.

Testing

Edited by Da_editor

Internal Moderator

Awww. Hahha, We can still meet in Singapore for makan and soccer lah! haa! Let me see what i can do for the Dec programme, if possible we shall do one more driveaway again! (: