Stolen phone in Colchester sends mystery 'selfie'

Kb27

Supersonic

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-27283885

A stolen mobile phone has emailed a "selfie" of a mystery man back to its owner.

Essex Police said they were now keen to talk to the man in the photo.

The HTC phone was stolen from an unidentified student's coat pocket while he was walking in Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, on Thursday evening.

The phone was fitted with a security device which automatically took a photo when the wrong PIN code was entered into the device.

A police spokesman said the man holding the phone had probably inadvertently taken the "selfie" when an incorrect security code was entered several times.

The student, whose email account was linked to the security device, then contacted police.

_74648737_20140410mobilephonetheftcolche

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Japanese guy befriends cute Thai girl who found his iPhone
By Coconuts Bangkok January 21, 2014
ip-4.jpg?w=580&h=773
ip-5.jpg?w=580&h=773
Only in Thailand, where lakorn is more real than reality, could this be story of romance and not petty crime.
Hiroki Matsumoto’s attempt to recover his iPhone 5C lost while visiting Bangkok has become the hottest topic among Thai netizens in the past few days.
Since the Japanese man’s phone was still linked to his iCloud account, Matsumoto tweeted that he discovered the person who took his phone had uploaded pictures. Surprisingly, Matsumoto found out the person was a cute Thai girl, located in Surin province.
The kind Japanese man, who is now happy with a new phone, attempted to contact the girl and score a friendship. Sadly, the Surin girl ignored him for days.
“I like Thailand very much,” Matsumo tweeted. “I was being careless and lost my phone. I don’t hold a grudge against the person who’s using my phone now. I’m just disappointed I don’t get to be friends with her.”
After being criticized online, the Surin girl who goes by “Praweparn Accounting” on Facebook announced yesterday that she found Matsumoto’s phone in Bangkok and would give it back to him.
Later that day, the two added each other on Line as Matsumoto kindly told the Thai girl to change the setting and enter a digital friendship.
line.jpg

this story more romantic :wub::wub:

• Praise 1

(edited)

this story more romantic :wub::wub:

lomantic? If it is an old woman....see whether he so good or not...he just wanted to bed her lah....act gentlemen....

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

why 1st n 2nd pic quite different?..

this is the power of Face Paint.

Supercharged

ip-5.jpg?w=580&h=773

how come the last time i lost phone no Thai girl pick up one? [laugh]

thai ah gua, wan or not?

Internal Moderator

I want this to happen to me too!!! But only pretty girls get such benefits! What about below average girls!? TMD. Unfair world.

On a serious note, does anyone know what's the app name for such a security function?

So now I know. If I happen to pick up a phone I shall go to the toilet, pull down my pants, aim it at my manhood and try a few combinations of numbers....

So now I know. If I happen to pick up a phone I shall go to the toilet, pull down my pants, aim it at my manhood and try a few combinations of numbers....

then the phone shoot out a laser and circumcise your manhood. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2