Time for corporal punishment in schools?

Jman888

Turbocharged

And the "influential, affluent" father in the story should be publicly named and shamed for his sheer arrogance. The child would be able to learn a valuable lesson that not everything in life is (or should be) for sale. But wait long long for that to happen in Singapore [rolleyes]

I fully support! Name and shame the parent, if it is indeed true. Of course, everything's deniable, so is it much use?

IMHO, the teacher should not have resigned. There is no way for the principal to dismiss the teacher without solid ground. At the most, the teacher gets transferred. This is civil service - everything above board and an 'iron' rice bowl. They would not dare force the teacher to leave, if the teacher wanted to stay put - because the story will come out!

↡ Advertisement

@Porker changed username? [laugh]

Anyway, Porker can be cloned. Gays can only pass their genes on by cloning. :D

Who is Porker? Is he gay? I am homophobic.

Who is Porker? Is he gay? I am homophobic.

u farking hermaphrodite lah....can screw oneself

btw, welCUM to MCF

(edited)

u farking hermaphrodite lah....can screw oneself

btw, welCUM to MCF

Why do you spew vulgarity? I notice you're a Moderator. I will report your post to the Admin.

Thanks for the welCUM though. I think I will like it here [laugh]

Edited by Stifler

Why do you spew vulgarity? I notice you're a Moderator. I will report your post to the Admin.

i know whr you stay hor....and i know your numbers too. be afraid, be very afraid

Very often, the problem is not with the child alone. It's the PARENTS. Especially those rich and think they own the world type. If my children are wrong, I reprimand them. Logic must precede love.

Loving your children blindly is just destroying them when they also think they own the whole world.

Owe you 5 praises 😄

Owe you 5 praises 😄

u start owing, mcf send loan shark next time to regain the praises... :D:D:D

Wealthy, Influential +

So, unless we take concrete steps to address this problem, we risk raising generations of people who are ill-disciplined, morally deficient and disobedient, with no qualms about using influence and affluence unfairly.

I immediately turn bias & think of the situation in China.

Though, I verbally reprimand my kids when they're in the wrong regardless, I hope I will not need to use the cane which I have purchased a few years back but have yet to use.

If the kids are young don't use cane ... I use the plastic stick that holds balloons ... Enough to scare them.

u start owing, mcf send loan shark next time to regain the praises... :D:D:D

Ehhh ... I got pay back hor ... You ask TigerWoods 😂

wonder which school, for an influential individual to have impact on school decision, it could be an independent school.

Tomorrow my daughter will tell her teacher, her father is Chow Yun Fatt ...

See got special treatment boh ... 😂

if teacher not fan, another CHOW....word will cum out [:p][:p][:p]

(edited)

She has to go slap other classmate first, I think the school will give you face cos you black/white also got influence [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Edited by Jman888

Supersonic

If the kids are young don't use cane ... I use the plastic stick that holds balloons ... Enough to scare them.

Thanks. So far we only wayang wayang cane the sofa, cane the table.... :)

OT, do u know if going by 2nd link during June Holidays, will I clear customs more quickly by private Bus, or by car?

I think its more the parents themselves rather than how rich they are. I used to have a very problematic classmate during my JC days. He was a typical beng with thick gold chain and bracelet and always had his top button of his uniform unbuttoned. He was always in trouble and one day, his dad was finally called down to the school to speak to our form teacher.

When he arrived, lo and behold, he was exactly like his son (or maybe his son used his dad as an inspiration). He also had thick gold chains and when he got pissed off with our form teacher, he started banging the table and asking the teacher to leave his son alone. :huh:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I think its more the parents themselves rather than how rich they are. I used to have a very problematic classmate during my JC days. He was a typical beng with thick gold chain and bracelet and always had his top button of his uniform unbuttoned. He was always in trouble and one day, his dad was finally called down to the school to speak to our form teacher.

When he arrived, lo and behold, he was exactly like his son (or maybe his son used his dad as an inspiration). He also had thick gold chains and when he got pissed off with our form teacher, he started banging the table and asking the teacher to leave his son alone. :huh:

Wah Piang. Triad family or wat man?!

if teacher not fan, another CHOW....word will cum out [:p][:p][:p][/quote

Chow Xi Fatt ... 😂

Thanks. So far we only wayang wayang cane the sofa, cane the table.... :)

OT, do u know if going by 2nd link during June Holidays, will I clear customs more quickly by private Bus, or by car?

I think you better ask Uncle Fong ... 😊

Hypersonic

Very often, the problem is not with the child alone. It's the PARENTS. Especially those rich and think they own the world type. If my children are wrong, I reprimand them. Logic must precede love.

Loving your children blindly is just destroying them when they also think they own the whole world.

You are absolutely right.

Lets combine the two.

I fully support corporal punishment

but for parents only.

:D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

The other day, one of my neighbours was telling me that the way she teach her kid is to use love and persuasion. Not caning as she deemed that as violent.

I almost fell off my chair.

it is a kid for goodness sake, one who still can't differentiate right from wrong and here we are going into negotiation and persuasion rounds with them? Might as well ask the kid for legal advice and how to earn money for mama and papa.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

You are absolutely right.

Lets combine the two.

I fully support corporal punishment

but for parents only.

:D

That will be the day! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement