Two child seats?

Ahseng

Hi bros, planning to have a second one soon at the same time car almost going expire already.

New car prices out of my budget so considering second hand. Could someone please tell me if normal cars e.g. altis or suv like forester or Suzuki vitara can fit two child seats behind plus an adult in middle?

Total members in family 3 adults 1 child and planning to have one more.suddenly thought this child seats thing previously only budget was in my mind. If altis this size can't fit does it mean have to go up to like Chevrolet epica size?

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros, planning to have a second one soon at the same time car almost going expire already.

New car prices out of my budget so considering second hand. Could someone please tell me if normal cars e.g. altis or suv like forester or Suzuki vitara can fit two child seats behind plus an adult in middle?

Total members in family 3 adults 1 child and planning to have one more.suddenly thought this child seats thing previously only budget was in my mind. If altis this size can't fit does it mean have to go up to like Chevrolet epica size?

With 2 child seats, there will definitely be some squeeze for the person seating in the middle, but most car out there should be able to accommodate. Try to get those not too bulky kinds of child seats, i.e. combi.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I think most cars can. Had to squeeze two baby seats and another 2 more adult passengers into a hyundai getz before. The person in the middle will feel alittle cramped.

i saw on Amazon this brand call Diono that looks quite slim and is usuable from birth to about 6 years old. metal structure too. but they dont deliver outside US and not sure if any shop in SG carry this brand...

i currently have two fat seats and a skinny maid in between if we are all going out...

Seems like General consensus is that most cars can, but middle abit cramp. Is it recommended to out my older child in front? She's almost 4 by the way. That would solve lots of problems.

I'm quite resistant to get a Mpv by the way. Just a preference thing

Hypersonic

Seems like General consensus is that most cars can, but middle abit cramp. Is it recommended to out my older child in front? She's almost 4 by the way. That would solve lots of problems.

it's never recommended to have a child in front even with child seat. Best is still sit behind. The adult bo bian. Have to squeeze and listen to the stereo crying symphony.

Though some may not recommend it but, yes you can, only if the child seats allows and designed for front facing @ front seats. Because some chapalang seats only designed for front facing rear seats. Best is go to those baby shops to ask for advice.. I was looking around for child seats last time and the salesperson ask me this questions..

Anyway, with regards to the best seating arrangements, its more easier to have you and your 4yo at the front, and the 2 adults and your baby at the back. For ease of access. If not, very mah fan for you to take out and put back in one child seat in order for the middle passenger to enter or exit the car..

Supercharged

I think you can replace childseat to booster seats when your child reaches 4 years old.

However I might be wrong.

To place a childseat in front ONLY for cars which can disable the front pax airbags.

Twincharged

driving a suzuki liana. it has 3point seat belts for center seat as well. I carry 3 cars seats behind. 2 combi cocorro(birth to 4yrs) and one Graco (4+ onwards). One of the combi is in rear facing position. its a snug fit for all 3 seats, but it works. I have also sat behind with 2 of the combi, in both forward as well as one forward and one rear facing. the trick is to have the adult seated on the left or right but not in the middle. Thus having the center belt as a 3point seat belt is vital.

To place a childseat in front ONLY for cars which can disable the front pax airbags.

Ya ya ya.. Correct! The salesperson got ask me before.. If front passenger got air bag or not.. Thats why better ask them for recommendations..

For Altis, if fitted two child seats at the back, unlikely to sit another adult in the middle. Even you used one child seat and one booster seat at the back, unless the adult is small size, most likely the adult will feel uncomfortable..

I think you can replace childseat to booster seats when your child reaches 4 years old.

However I might be wrong.

Think this matters only if your child is stll very young and the childseat has to be fixed facing the back of the car? If the childseat is forward-facing and the child is old enough (at least about 2 - 3 years old), I believe it should be fine to have the childseat in front.

Supersonic

I think most cars can. Had to squeeze two baby seats and another 2 more adult passengers into a hyundai getz before. The person in the middle will feel alittle cramped.

Same here. oc, myself front, 2 child seats behind & the maid centre. The physique of the centre rear occupant could be the key. Getz also.

Twincharged

If your child is 4 already then just use booster seat. Takes up alot less space than a childseat.

This question has a few critical factors:

- size of child seats

- size of adult sitting behind

It is not advisable to put child seat in front, be it front or rear-facing, cos in the event airbag is activated, could be bad for the child.

My 2 kids are 1 yr 9 mth different in age. When the younger one was born, the elder one was... well, 1 yr 9 mth old. We were driving a G9 Corolla. As wife needed to be with the kids to tend to their needs, she sat behind for a while, behind me, while the two child/baby seats were side by side. Wife had to tilt her body and bum was squeezed lor...

Good thing we anticipated this (got the car seats earlier) and started looking for a MPV. We changed to a Wish 5 mth later, and put one child seat in 2nd row, and the other child seat in 3rd row...

I realised later that if we had, let's ay, a Honda Edix, might just be wide enough. But my guess is that for most normal sedan, it is going to be extremely uncomfortable - unless the child seats are very narrow type, which is unlikely...

Twincharged

you would have solved the problem if you had a car with 3point belt for the middle seat. wife can then sit on the left or right side. If it works in a liana, any other car will have more space.

This question has a few critical factors:

- size of child seats

- size of adult sitting behind

It is not advisable to put child seat in front, be it front or rear-facing, cos in the event airbag is activated, could be bad for the child.

My 2 kids are 1 yr 9 mth different in age. When the younger one was born, the elder one was... well, 1 yr 9 mth old. We were driving a G9 Corolla. As wife needed to be with the kids to tend to their needs, she sat behind for a while, behind me, while the two child/baby seats were side by side. Wife had to tilt her body and bum was squeezed lor...

Good thing we anticipated this (got the car seats earlier) and started looking for a MPV. We changed to a Wish 5 mth later, and put one child seat in 2nd row, and the other child seat in 3rd row...

I realised later that if we had, let's ay, a Honda Edix, might just be wide enough. But my guess is that for most normal sedan, it is going to be extremely uncomfortable - unless the child seats are very narrow type, which is unlikely...

↡ Advertisement