Nasi Goreng too spicy

azlan96

Twincharged

Don't understand the need for chillis for every meals here. Too much consumption of chillis is not very good for internal intestine's health.

i visited a newly opened shanghainese duck stall in a coffee shop in pasir ris once.

they were serving hot air roasted duck.

when i was waiting for my food, the owner told me they never served sauce when they ran their business in shanghai ... only when they came to SG, there were so many request for sauce that they had to come out with one !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I find more ppl are going for the chilli flavour then the flavour of the ingredients. I some times wonder if the freshness of the ingredients is still important cos it will be mostly masked by the strong chilli. Ppl in poorer parts of the world used to use strong spices to mask the poorer quality ingredients while the richer regions tend to use less spices cos they can afford better quality ingredients.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

"What if some people who can't take the spiciness encounter the same thing and end up with a stomach ulcer? I sometimes order food for my grandmother and what if this happens to her? You know what it's like for old people."

Sha also suggested letting customers indicate the level of spiciness they wanted in their orders to avoid such incidents in future.

Uh... maybe people that can't take spiciness won't ask for extra spicy?

And if the store didn't allow for customers to indicate how spicy they'd like it, how did she manage to ask for extra spicy? [hur]

Twincharged

chilli is not cheap, the stall should charge her more for her request :D

Or she can roughly tell the app how many pieces or slices of chili she want and if chili Padi or whatever chili ...end up the chili become the main attraction instead of the ckt !! Lol!

Supersonic

nothing wrong with eating spicy, but if want extra chilli, can just add it herself... she has been given compensation already. no one forced her to eat when she found it too spicy for her taste.

nothing wrong with eating spicy, but if want extra chilli, can just add it herself... she has been given compensation already. no one forced her to eat when she found it too spicy for her taste.

i think she bs that she throw away the food, if you have time to take out every pieces of the chilli, the left behind got no more chilli sure can eat right?

Supersonic

i think she bs that she throw away the food, if you have time to take out every pieces of the chilli, the left behind got no more chilli sure can eat right?

she can bs all she wants, but foodpanda already gave her benefit of doubt by giving full refund ma... think she just wants publicity but didnt expect it to backfire

Supersonic

Or use water wash away the spiciness before eating.

Neutral Newbie

Be careful when u go 89.7 for takeaway. Especially girls. The staff there will harrass your gf or wife and give them their number to call them. I had an incident where my wife went there for takeaway and this indian man actually gave a note to my wife and ask me to call her. Bad experience. If there is a channel for this i will sure complain to the right channel of authority and ask them to look into this case. 

↡ Advertisement