Are domestic helpers/maids busier than us?

Sozo

2nd Gear

Very often seeing them chatting on mobile phone while walking, washing cars, with children, marketing........Big Business!

I wander how much are their phone expenses?

↡ Advertisement

Very often seeing them chatting on mobile phone while walking, washing cars, with children, marketing........Big Business!

Bangala boyfriends paid for the calling-card ..... [sly]

• Praise 3

(edited)

there're so many prepaid cards to their favour...... talk until cannot finish type....... Patterns/Plans alot. There's even special plans for pinoy, indo, india, blangah types.

Only locals pay exhorbitent postpaid plans......

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 5

2nd Gear

there're so many prepaid cards to their favour...... talk until cannot finish type....... Patterns/Plans alot. There's even special plans for pinoy, indo, india, blangah types.

Only locals pay exhorbitent postpaid plans......

This prepaid card is a profitable business, just need to cover monthly cost the rest are nett profit. $$$$$$$$

6th Gear

My helper's life is definitely better than mine... One day cook 2 meals, sweep & mop here a bit here and there. My place also not big, one morning can settle everything already. After clearing dinner start talking on phone already... We always remind her of her good life compared to some of my friends' helper. Their 3 storey house very huge, everyday must clean every floor!!

My helper's life is definitely better than mine... One day cook 2 meals, sweep & mop here a bit here and there. My place also not big, one morning can settle everything already. After clearing dinner start talking on phone already... We always remind her of her good life compared to some of my friends' helper. Their 3 storey house very huge, everyday must clean every floor!!

mean you lagi good life, can afford to hire a maid just to do the above :D:D

• Praise 1

6th Gear

mean you lagi good life, can afford to hire a maid just to do the above :D:D

I slog whole day so I can pay her & the place we stay in... Plus she get to 'enjoy' more of our apartment than we do since she's at home whole day... Just hope she don't enjoy it with another bangla!!

• Praise 4

pay so low want people to work around the clock??

you control their passport, money, food,... the only other group of people that exert that much control over others, are the pimps in the international human trafficing business. hard truths.

• Praise 3

I slog whole day so I can pay her & the place we stay in... Plus she get to 'enjoy' more of our apartment than we do since she's at home whole day... Just hope she don't enjoy it with another bangla!!

ok, with some tiko members here can .... [flowerface]

Supercharged

last time, my maid used to sell clothes as sideline. her fren used to be illegal loanshark. then another part-time street walker.

so, those with maid. no matter how u watch yr maid, they are 10 steps in front of u.

Turbocharged

I find it strange you are commenting that your maid life is better than you when it is actually you who hire her and told her what to do.

You can always give her more work you know.......or you can don't hire. That way you don't have to work so hard to pay her salary.

Supercharged

no offense here, it actually boils down to decision.

just like some pple choose to stay hdb so only husband/wife stay at home to look after family. some stay "eat wind hse" got stay at home wife, maid, 2 cars but work like cow and horse.

i've seen my share of those staying at 3 storey "eat wind hse" near my place, both parents slog fm mrng to nite, children leave to maid. then i saw how the maid under the hot sun use umbrella to shelter herself, yak yak as she crosses the rd, the ward behind her carrying her own bag. i can only shake my head n pray the ward don't get involved in accident. this is so common n it only get worse when they congregate outside the sch gates n mingle/exchange contacts/chat w those FW working on Thomson line.

pay so low want people to work around the clock??

you control their passport, money, food,... the only other group of people that exert that much control over others, are the pimps in the international human trafficing business. hard truths.

Slavery!

Turbocharged
(edited)

I find it disturbing that employers are plying into the private life of employees. Do your employer ask what do you do outside of work? Where do you go on Sunday? Your personal relationship?

Just because accommodation is provided does not mean that the maid is answerable to the employer on her private time. If the concern is because the accommodation is also the home of the employer, then an alternative accommodation can always be arranged separately.

Logically, maid/ domestic helper should fall under the employment act equally. If the domestic helper is a local, wouldn't he or she be entitled the full benefit of the employment act? 8 hours work day, 44 hours work week, max of 72 hours OT a month etc. Any additional benefit that the employer chooses to give should not be taken as a an exchange to breach the employment act.

For all the talk of treating the maid like family, friend etc, the legislation in place just smacks of slavery with a modern twist.

Edited by Bavarian
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

ok, with some tiko members here can .... [flowerface]

oc's colleague's home got bangala incident 3x.

oc's another colleague kana 1 bangala incident. As caught in bed, they threw the bed away.

I find it disturbing that employers are plying into the private life of employees. Do your employer ask what do you do outside of work? Where do you go on Sunday?

Just because accommodation is provided does not mean that the maid is answerable to the employer on her private time. If the concern is because the accommodation is also the home of the employer, then an alternative accommodation can always be arranged separately.

Logically, maid/ domestic helper should fall under the employment act equally. If the domestic helper is a local, wouldn't he or she be entitled the full benefit of the employment act? 8 hours work day, 44 hours work week, max of 72 hours OT a month etc. Any additional benefit that the employer chooses to give should not be taken as a an exchange to breach the employment act.

For all the talk of treating the maid like family, friend etc, the legislation in place just smacks of slavery with a modern twist.

we do surf mcf during office hour OCCASIONALLY [laugh][laugh]

Mine good life also probably better then yours

Cook once a day (dinner), dont cook on weekend

As usual those morning mopping here and there

After done so, she hide in the bedroom watch TV

She take afternoon nap also

By 5pm she go kid school to fetch kid home

By about 8pm she start to wash up those cook staffs

By 9pm continue TV

She always complain she cant sleep well at night

Lim pek told her off because u slept too much in the afternoon

do u like to be monitored 24/hr 7 days a week by ur employer even during yr break time?

what u eat, u dress, u talk....everything watched by employer....very sian one lor.

at least we knock off after work, we dont face our bosses.

↡ Advertisement