AVH-X8650BT

Cow28

Wow, I just realized that the ad I started on AVH-8450BT is still active after 2 years!

My heart is now itchy and thinking of upgrading to AVH-X8650BT.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-hands-pioneers-new-flagship-car-receiver-bangkok-motor-show

http://www.pioneer.my/ContentList/PressList.asp?CatalogId=133&Page=1

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront4/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=1388&CatId=2,23,28

In-Dash Double-DIN Flagship DVD Multimedia AV Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Built-in MirrorLink, Dual USB, and SD Card Slot

Anyone installed ?

I arranged a GB previously (please see the thread) for the 8450BT with Wee Heng and am thinking if any of you would like to join in the GB. Wee Heng now selling for SGD880 (excluding installation) which is quite a good price already. Installation is SGD80.

Maybe can waive off installation or something ...

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=76915

Please PM me and I will create a Watsapp thread.

post-5416-0-99765000-1399542679.jpg

post-5416-0-39107100-1399542686.jpg

post-5416-0-27965200-1399542702.jpg

post-5416-0-77856300-1399542707.jpg

post-5416-0-54865300-1399542713.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Think the most interesting feature is the built-in Mirror link

Built-in MirrorLink
Use an interface cable to connect the receiver and a compatible MirrorLink certified smartphone. Then, you can directly control and access music, maps, and contacts stored on the smartphone via the receiver’s touchscreen.

Please visit www.mirrorlink.com for list of compatible phone.

BuiltinMirrorLink.jpg

Bluetooth®
The AVH-X8650BT also offers the latest Bluetooth specifications (AVRCP 1.4) for high quality audio streaming through the phone, and users with compatible phones can browse their music playlist directly via bluetooth. With twice the bandwidth (at 16KHz) due to an updated Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6), users can expect to enjoy clearer hands-free voice calls with better sound quality, and more responsive voice commands.

Heh ,

I also just installed. Managed to get a local set.

Did you buy the MH200 cable for use with the inbuilt mirror link ? I have an Samsung and iphone. Considering which cable to get.

The Digital AV cable for the iphone HDMI or

The Samsung MHL adaptor or

the MH200 cable for android.....

I got mine a month ago

No big difference, and its pretty slow .

Dont expect too much

(edited)

Wow...

You are fast leh.

I only use the HDMI cable for the iphone.

Didn't really find it useful for the mirror link.

Limited apps support.

The pros is this unit now supporting Traditoaml Chinese and Korean characters.

Think you will find that the song info display is super big now.

Edited by Lawkoh

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

Hi, I need a bit of help here, I got the unit last week. But after the installed, I realised there is a problem for me. I can mirrorlink my S5 to the HU with no problem and can play movies on the HU. The problem is that I have another ceiling mount display link to the HU, playing DVD or CD is not a problem as both can be display. But if I am to play a movie through my S5, only the HU can display but not the roof unit. The installer mention that the ceiling display in analog display therefore not able to play out the movies.

Any solution to this other than change the ceiling display compatible to the HU?

Regards

Kelvin

• Praise 3

Hi Kelvin,

Your installer is right.

The signal is a digital type (HDMI) and I think there is no way to link it to your rear analog input monitor.

Not even if you change the LCD monitor.

It's the same for the previous model 8550.

Heh,

Which shop did you get the mirrorlink cable and how much ?

Cheers

Dear All,

Hi, I need a bit of help here, I got the unit last week. But after the installed, I realised there is a problem for me. I can mirrorlink my S5 to the HU with no problem and can play movies on the HU. The problem is that I have another ceiling mount display link to the HU, playing DVD or CD is not a problem as both can be display. But if I am to play a movie through my S5, only the HU can display but not the roof unit. The installer mention that the ceiling display in analog display therefore not able to play out the movies.

Any solution to this other than change the ceiling display compatible to the HU?

Regards

Kelvin

Ya man ! Can't take it. Found a mobile installer that installed the set for me.

So I assume that you bought the digital AV hdmi lightning adapter ? 68 dollars.. very expensive.. Will try out the mirror link first.

Any idea where to get and how much ?

Wow...
You are fast leh.

I only use the HDMI cable for the iphone.
Didn't really find it useful for the mirror link.
Limited apps support.
The pros is this unit now supporting Traditoaml Chinese and Korean characters.
Think you will find that the song info display is super big now.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Kelvin,

Your installer is right.

The signal is a digital type (HDMI) and I think there is no way to link it to your rear analog input monitor.

Not even if you change the LCD monitor.

It's the same for the previous model 8550.

Dear Koh,

Thanks but I think it defeated my purpose of installing it. I am using my S5 to play movies instead of DVD or CD to play. I would not be using my HU to watch , but rather the roof ceiling display for my kids (I would be driving not watching). I think it is that the HU is unable to output to 2 display unit. Who still have DVD or CD nowadays haha

Kelvin

Hi Cow 28,

The cable for iphone is just a HDMI and Apple lighting to HDMI adapter which I got it from Challenger (Cant remeber the price)

As you know now that the signal is not able to transfer to the rear screen, it become quite pointless.

Hi Kelvin,

To solve your problem, simply hang your 10" tablet on the rear lor

Alternatively, install a media player. Digital signal to the HU, analog signal to the rear screen

Please PM your contact number, we can meet up for discussion if you want to.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cow 28,

The cable for iphone is just a HDMI and Apple lighting to HDMI adapter which I got it from Challenger (Cant remeber the price)

As you know now that the signal is not able to transfer to the rear screen, it become quite pointless.

Hi Kelvin,

To solve your problem, simply hang your 10" tablet on the rear lor

Alternatively, install a media player. Digital signal to the HU, analog signal to the rear screen

Please PM your contact number, we can meet up for discussion if you want to.

I just realise that the DVD player is AVH 8550Bt and not as stated on AVH 8650Bt. Anyone know the main difference other than price?

Kelvin

Neutral Newbie

I just realise that the DVD player is AVH 8550Bt and not as stated on AVH 8650Bt. Anyone know the main difference other than price?

Kelvin

8550 is the older version.. This still have IP-bus for installing with deq-p7650 DSP to get 5.1 in car..

I just bought this unit and upgraded from my old avh-p4250dvd with Merely just PNP.. 8550 have HDMI, 2usb build in BT. Detachable display. Still have video output for rear monitor..

For 8650 this have mirror link build in and appradio. It have build in DSP n GUI crossover for tuning also.

The reason I didn't buy this unit was it do not have IP bus. Can't do 5.1 with deq-p7650.. Ofcoz u can invest to get hx-p800 or other processor but not sure if it still have optical out or not. The rest are pretty much the same.. I think it have build in steering control n guided rear view function on 8650..(found from reading the user manual)

• Praise 3

Just bought a pioneer AVH-X5650BT $449 at Mustafa and installed at Nam Huat Toh Guan Centre. Very experience installer fast and quick.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Just bought a pioneer AVH-X5650BT $449 at Mustafa and installed at Nam Huat Toh Guan Centre. Very experience installer fast and quick.

I bought AVH-X8550BT at Mustafe for $575 and DIY install with just PnP coz upgrade from AVH-P4250DVD.. all same plug..

I think no need group buy. Just go down to Mustafa u can get what model u want price is much cheaper than any audio shop outside but no warranty.

↡ Advertisement