AVH-X8650BT

Cow28

carplay is very stable for me.

it helps if you guys state what "instability" you are experiencing as i'm pretty much using car play all the time and not the pioneer os, nor appradio live, etc.

Hi..

I normally listen to the radio, before I switch to carplay..

One I plug in to my iPhone, it becomes extremely laggy.

I have no choice but to shutdown the HU, unplug the iphone.

What firmware you are using?

↡ Advertisement

Hi..

How do you shut down HU?

Maybe you have too many songs in the iPhone? I realised if my USB has a lot of files the HU performed a bit laggy....

How do you shut down HU?

Maybe you have too many songs in the iPhone? I realised if my USB has a lot of files the HU performed a bit laggy....

Only way to shut down HU is to turn the car engine and accessory off.

Hi..

1.06 which is the only version of pioneer's 8650bt with carplay.

What iphone are you using? What cable? Orig apple or another brand?

I have no trouble whatsoever using iphone 6+ orig apple lightning cable.

I do not keep apps running in background though, only a few ones, no problem if i switch from radio, carplay, pioneer os, etc.

(edited)

1.06 which is the only version of pioneer's 8650bt with carplay.

What iphone are you using? What cable? Orig apple or another brand?

I have no trouble whatsoever using iphone 6+ orig apple lightning cable.

I do not keep apps running in background though, only a few ones, no problem if i switch from radio, carplay, pioneer os, etc.

Hi

Strange...

I am using original apple lightning cable.. iPhone 6 , only 16GB with only few songs, IOS 8.4.

But I have installed 64GB SD card in the HU where I stalled ,movies, many songs and wall paper..Could it be this problem ???

IOS 9 suppose to support car play via bluetooth, will it be better...

Regards..

Edited by Mirage6580

Hi

Strange...

I am using original apple lightning cable.. iPhone 6 , only 16GB with only few songs, IOS 8.4.

But I have installed 64GB SD card in the HU where I stalled ,movies, many songs and wall paper..Could it be this problem ???

IOS 9 suppose to support car play via bluetooth, will it be better...

Regards..

I dont use the sd card, i thought when you said "i use the radio" you meant fm/am

anyway by my experience with other pioneer hu (80prs) using sd card, its really slow, thats why i never bothered using it and always play using my iphone in alac format for the best quality and fast browsing.

This is the reason why i dont even use pioneer os on the 8650bt even when i use it to play music from iphone, it is also slower than carplay.

I dont use the sd card, i thought when you said "i use the radio" you meant fm/am

anyway by my experience with other pioneer hu (80prs) using sd card, its really slow, thats why i never bothered using it and always play using my iphone in alac format for the best quality and fast browsing.

This is the reason why i dont even use pioneer os on the 8650bt even when i use it to play music from iphone, it is also slower than carplay.

Hi Melbs

That SD card might be a issue, I will isolate it again..

I like car play because of the message that appear on the HU( but whatapp still not possible)

Map, Music,phone call , i already have it on the HU..TV tuner also require HU..

I still prefer HU as a base , where wall paper can be change, so not so boring .

Well , hope the next firmware version resolve the issue , Or IOS 9..

Thanks..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Camera View... Anyone able to set up this on AVH-8650BT, I need to turn it on while driving but I only get blank screen. (Already Set to ON at Head Unit)

no issue on regular reverse camera settings.

Any idea please.

Edited by neilaa69

Hi bros,

i was thinking of getting this for a nissan sylphy.

Little disappointed to learn on the instability of device with iPhone (carplay) :(

Not sure if 8750BT has any issues

Hi bros,

i was thinking of getting this for a nissan sylphy.

Little disappointed to learn on the instability of device with iPhone (carplay) :(

Not sure if 8750BT has any issues

have you even tested and used an 8650bt for demo purposes? if you only rely on people in this forum, shame as you are missing on a great product as long as you know how to use it.

Hi.

Ya , I was quite disappointed with carplay on 8650Bt due to the instability .

No firmware or work around tips..

I recently found this device , seems interesting, tempting to try out.. Anyone here experience it??

http://world.taobao.com/item/37353842053.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.IxWYGt#detail

thanks..

have you actually tried isolating if your sd card is the one causing your hu to slow down?

better yet, have you even used just the carplay and thoroughly use it to see what instability you're talking about?

it helps if people post updates on what really transpire than just complaining without details

Hi.

Ya , I was quite disappointed with carplay on 8650Bt due to the instability .

No firmware or work around tips..

I recently found this device , seems interesting, tempting to try out.. Anyone here experience it??

http://world.taobao.com/item/37353842053.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.IxWYGt#detail

thanks..

I don't know why many people got issue with carplay. My 8650 with 1.08 firmware is working well. I use 32G SD card with full of WAV and FLAC. And USB2 connect to 1Tb HDD USB (NTFS format) with full of VOB, MKV, AVI video music. USB1 for iphone 5S, 16GB iOS 8.1.3 with Carplay.

For above link of device, I have tried it. But it works fine only when you let iphone's display bright all the time. Since iphone goes into standby mode (may be 5 minutes depend on your iphone setting), the display on HU will be freezed (no updating). :))

Edited by Xuan_Son

have you even tested and used an 8650bt for demo purposes? if you only rely on people in this forum, shame as you are missing on a great product as long as you know how to use it.

have you actually tried isolating if your sd card is the one causing your hu to slow down?

better yet, have you even used just the carplay and thoroughly use it to see what instability you're talking about?

it helps if people post updates on what really transpire than just complaining without details

Hi Melbs

Yup, when I took out the SD card, once I go into Carplay mode , it still very laggy.

I have tried all ways to isolate the issue, it works perfectly fine before I plug in the iPhone..

Very strange some of them don't get this issue.

Well , u might translate it as I am complaining , but to me , I just want to share my view in this forum. [;)]

Regards.

Neutral Newbie

I don't know why many people got issue with carplay. My 8650 with 1.08 firmware is working well. I use 32G SD card with full of WAV and FLAC. And USB2 connect to 1Tb HDD USB (NTFS format) with full of VOB, MKV, AVI video music. USB1 for iphone 5S, 16GB iOS 8.1.3 with Carplay.

For above link of device, I have tried it. But it works fine only when you let iphone's display bright all the time. Since iphone goes into standby mode (may be 5 minutes depend on your iphone setting), the display on HU will be freezed (no updating). :))

Where did you download firmware 1.08? Mine is 1.06 and still no update from the website. Edited by neilaa69

Hi Melbs

Yup, when I took out the SD card, once I go into Carplay mode , it still very laggy.

I have tried all ways to isolate the issue, it works perfectly fine before I plug in the iPhone..

Very strange some of them don't get this issue.

Well , u might translate it as I am complaining , but to me , I just want to share my view in this forum. [;)]

Regards.

its actually ok to complain, but to prevent misconception, please do so with details so as to let everyone know what exactly is the problem, and not just a general vague conclusion. and hopefully someone might be able to help you.

what exactly is laggy when you enter carplay? switching between apps? in the music app browsing songs? what is laggy?

Where did you download firmware 1.08? Mine is 1.06 and still no update from the website.

You can download it from a post in page 7 of this topic.

For people who got issue, pls try to restore HU to default factory setting. Mine also got issue when upgrade to 1.06 without restoring factory setting. Then I restored factory setting and HU working well.

P/s: Remember to restore all settings after upgrading firmware.

Edited by Xuan_Son

Neutral Newbie

You can download it from a post in page 7 of this topic.

For people who got issue, pls try to restore HU to default factory setting. Mine also got issue when upgrade to 1.06 without restoring factory setting. Then I restored factory setting and HU working well.

P/s: Remember to restore all settings after upgrading firmware.

Your HU is US version or Australian version?

In Australian site only 1.06 firmware is available, while in US 1.08 firmware version . Is it OK to install US download to Australian Unit?

Your HU is US version or Australian version?

In Australian site only 1.06 firmware is available, while in US 1.08 firmware version . Is it OK to install US download to Australian Unit?

It is better to install 1.06 from Australian site because I don't know 1.08 US is compatible or not. My new HU now is 1.08 pre-installed.(Made in Thailand)

↡ Advertisement