AVH-X8650BT

Cow28

Neutral Newbie

For this Model (AVH-X8650BT) LOUDNESS/BASS in audio setting is removed.

My previously post #39..

Finally, I was able connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the using a or b connections.

a. HDMI CONNECTIONS... via third party MHL

b. HDMI CONNECTIONS... via netgear Wireless PTV3000...

Setup your HU to HDMI and Others

GS4 must be rooted and Set SE for Andriod status >> Permissive

run ARU unchained and connect with the bluetooth.

Bluetooth connection is needed to have complete touch control in the HU. No issues and working flawlessly.

======

I have not yet tested the Mirrorlink using CD-MU200 usb cable Connections via USB and others...as per manual no need Bluetooth in this connection... anyone tested this in your HU? Im trying to test it using third party USB cable but not successful...I'm still in the process of ordering CD-MU200 USB cable from Pioneer.

Hi

Am newbie here, have 2 questions, can someone please help to enlighten me? TY

1. Can this link thingy works with any entertainment unit that comes with the the car?

2. Can the pioneer unit be mounted separately at the back roof of the car and not at front driver area?

Hi all, just got an entry level 2650BT from mustafa & everything works well.

However I dunno which MP4 format should I use as it is not compatible...can any bro advise? Thks

Hi all, just got an entry level 2650BT from mustafa & everything works well.

However I dunno which MP4 format should I use as it is not compatible...can any bro advise? Thks

According to pioneer.com.sg, it is "Microsoft Mpeg 4". I really do not know the differences. Personally I do encounter my own home blueray player can play some mp4 files but not others.

Hi guys just eant to share, injust installed 8650 on my alphard, at first the steering remote can work for 5 buttons same as our brother jere who drive rav4 but i added a canbus unit den all of my button works

• Praise 1

So whats the main difference between AVH-X8650BT and the 2015 model AVH-X5750BT ?

which one is better ?

AVH-X5750BT compare to AVH-X8650BT

Disavantages:

only have 1 USB port which cannot support NTFS format.

No SD Card.

No HDMI Input

No Dual Zone

Advantages:

Steering wheel control supports for Korean Car model.

Dimmer can be set by time

Hi guys just eant to share, injust installed 8650 on my alphard, at first the steering remote can work for 5 buttons same as our brother jere who drive rav4 but i added a canbus unit den all of my button works

Because the diagram of existed buttons on Toyota car is diffirent to designation in Pioneer HU. But you can modify it to fix.

My 8650BT now directly support for 11 buttons totally (without using any adapter)

Pls visit below video from 0:45 to see steering wheel control working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEXQstnxQQ

Edited by Xuan_Son

AVH-X5750BT compare to AVH-X8650BT

Disavantages:

only have 1 USB port which cannot support NTFS format.

No SD Card.

No HDMI Input

No Dual Zone

Advantages:

Steering wheel control supports for Korean Car model.

Dimmer can be set by time

Because the diagram of existed buttons on Toyota car is diffirent to designation in Pioneer HU. But you can modify it to fix.

My 8650BT now directly support for 11 buttons totally (without using any adapter)

Pls visit below video from 0:45 to see steering wheel control working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEXQstnxQQ

How you are able to program the buttons, i can only program 5 on my RAV4, would you mind sharing the procedure.... Thanks in advance...

How you are able to program the buttons, i can only program 5 on my RAV4, would you mind sharing the procedure.... Thanks in advance...

With 8650BT, steering control has input1 and input2.

Input2 is just TTL input (that mean only support for ON/OFF state)

input1 is analog input, which support maximum 10 range of buttons.

So total is 11 buttons maximum.

I don't know about RAV4, but if your button has the same as attached file (page 2), then you need someone who can calculate and change the value of resistors in order to match resistor value (when button is pressed) to the range of 8650BT's input1. (Person is required welding experience because the resistor is very small)

If you have someone to help you fix that, I can give you figure range of input 1 later (I wrote it in my book, but I don't have it here)

6SpeakerCamryWiring.pdf

With 8650BT, steering control has input1 and input2.

Input2 is just TTL input (that mean only support for ON/OFF state)

input1 is analog input, which support maximum 10 range of buttons.

So total is 11 buttons maximum.

I don't know about RAV4, but if your button has the same as attached file (page 2), then you need someone who can calculate and change the value of resistors in order to match resistor value (when button is pressed) to the range of 8650BT's input1. (Person is required welding experience becausea the resistor is very small)

If you have someone to help you fix that, I can give you figure range of input 1 later (I wrote it in my book, but I don't have it here)

We have an identical diagram, does this mean you modify the controller or just add resistor, is it ok to share the value and how it was done, thanks again...

What cabus did you add on rav4? I have the same issue...

Hi bro,

i installed 8650bt recently too. Was told by my installer that the audio steering cable provided by Pioneer does not work so no choice installed the to add-on (non-canbus) for all buttons.(<told me my ride mazda 5 doesnt need Canbus)

but the steering control for switching FM channels does not work. .. he told me is Pioneer HU problem...the "next" button on my steering control is actually interperted by 8650bt as search FM..

any bros here have this problem?

cheers!

We have an identical diagram, does this mean you modify the controller or just add resistor, is it ok to share the value and how it was done, thanks again...

I have done a guide as picture below. Everything is done inside the steering switch. No need to modify controller (actually, it is imposible for normal users to modify controller... ha ha..)

Goodluck. Bro

post-147232-0-83268000-1423637458_thumb.png

Edited by Xuan_Son
  • Praise 1

I have done a guide as picture below. Everything is done inside the steering switch. No need to modify controller (actually, it is imposible for normal users to modify controller... ha ha..)

Goodluck. Bro

attachicon.gifToyota switches.png

Thanks really appreciated....

Quick but maybe stupid questions:

1. With this HU, will my current built-in reverse cam display and GPS work?

2. Can my car setting (lighting,etc) be done from this HU like in my current factory HU?

So can I run iPhone and iPod classic together ?

Was planning to use CD-201V for iPod classic via USB2 and

iPhone with USB/HDMI for AppRadio.

Will it work ?

Just installed it, and it can't run iPhone and iPod concurrently. Have to switch via the Input/Output settings when using either iPhone(Digital Lighting connector) or iPod (CD-201V