AVH-X8650BT

Cow28

The Apple car play firmware seems to be available in SG but unable to download.

I faced the problem of listening to the same song over and over again each time I restart the engine using my iPod 30 pins. Does this happen to any of you? How to make it stop at the last song or even same album?

↡ Advertisement

The Apple car play firmware seems to be available in SG but unable to download.

I faced the problem of listening to the same song over and over again each time I restart the engine using my iPod 30 pins. Does this happen to any of you? How to make it stop at the last song or even same album?

Hi..

I have downloaded the 1.06 and upgrade my 8650 HU successfully ..

It should be able to download...who error message u encounter?

Did u flag the repeated icon??

Hi..

Where did you download this from pioneer Singapore??

The page is blank and showing This page can't be displayed and make sure web address is correct.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi..

You can actually use v1.07 from pioneer.eu website. But choose avh-x8600bt model

They are the same but newer firmware. Am using that now and no issues. I think better than v1.06 SG version

Edited by Kelyeo8104

Where did you download this from pioneer Singapore??

The page is blank and showing This page can't be displayed and make sure web address is correct.

Hi ,

Just goto pioneer.com.sg ,under the support menu, select the firmware download..

U want to try other browser ..

You can actually use v1.07 from pioneer.eu website. But choose avh-x8600bt model

They are the same but newer firmware. Am using that now and no issues. I think better than v1.06 SG version

Hi Kelyeo8104

Thanks for sharing with us..

I actually hesitated from other region as I called pioneer singapore last year , the support told me that not suppose to download other region,as once u need to revert back to original software , u need to bring the set back to HQ and is chargable..

Once I upgrade recently, I realise that one of the app "Spotify" is not shown in singapore version..

As for your 1.07 ver, you mention is better,, can elaborate further..they did mention minor bug fix ..

regards..

Neutral Newbie

Hi Kelyeo8104

Thanks for sharing with us..

I actually hesitated from other region as I called pioneer singapore last year , the support told me that not suppose to download other region,as once u need to revert back to original software , u need to bring the set back to HQ and is chargable..

Once I upgrade recently, I realise that one of the app "Spotify" is not shown in singapore version..

As for your 1.07 ver, you mention is better,, can elaborate further..they did mention minor bug fix ..

regards..

There's less hanging on the head unit, cause for my car when I start it disconnects power to to head unit and it sort of boots twice when starting the car. So sometimes it will just hang pioneer splash page.

I haven't seen this on the 1.07

And it feels more responsive when navigating on my 160gb iPod

There's less hanging on the head unit, cause for my car when I start it disconnects power to to head unit and it sort of boots twice when starting the car. So sometimes it will just hang pioneer splash page.

I haven't seen this on the 1.07

And it feels more responsive when navigating on my 160gb iPod

Oh.. Thanks..

Has anyone tried using a external HD or SSD on the USB before?

What's the biggest capacity of storage and songs?

I have problems playing on a 250mb SSD with around 6000 songs.

The start up is very slow...1 mins then the music play.

Can upgrading firmware solve this issue?

Has anyone tried using a external HD or SSD on the USB before?

What's the biggest capacity of storage and songs?

I have problems playing on a 250mb SSD with around 6000 songs.

The start up is very slow...1 mins then the music play.

Can upgrading firmware solve this issue?

Hi , I copy all the songs into the 32gb SD. It will read for a few minutes for first time . After that u can access instantly . But will read again after the sd card is remove and insert again.

Neutral Newbie

Hi , I copy all the songs into the 32gb SD. It will read for a few minutes for first time . After that u can access instantly . But will read again after the sd card is remove and insert again.

Make sure the card is sdhc format. Not shxc

Hi guys,

I need help on this fix. Seem like nothing appear on the screen when I connect my unit with my iphone 5s to activate apple carplay. So does with appradio. Nothing happen. I have update the unit to the latest firmware 1.06 and iphone 5s to 8.3. Does anyone know how fix to this?.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the card is sdhc format. Not shxc

But I am using SSD, not SD

Also formatted to FAT 32 and NTFS, both is the same performance.

Very slow compare to my older 8450

8450 is almost instant start like 5 secs

But I am using SSD, not SD

Also formatted to FAT 32 and NTFS, both is the same performance.

Very slow compare to my older 8450

8450 is almost instant start like 5 secs

Within 5 secs and it could catalogue all 6000 songs, on the old 8450?

Hi guys,

I need help on this fix. Seem like nothing appear on the screen when I connect my unit with my iphone 5s to activate apple carplay. So does with appradio. Nothing happen. I have update the unit to the latest firmware 1.06 and iphone 5s to 8.3. Does anyone know how fix to this?.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Under HU, Do u set under setting ,smart phone option to USB,u will see the carplay icon..

Your iPhone also appear carplay under the setting..

Try it out again, u suppose to hook on USB 1..

Within 5 secs and it could catalogue all 6000 songs, on the old 8450?

The 8450 required to build a database for just the first time. The database will take about 1 min and you need to save that file. If you ignore the data base, it's okay too.

Database only required again by prompt if there are changes in the SSD, add songs or delete songs

Song start playing within 10 secs. Back then, my song could be lesser only 5000

8650 will require 70 secs after the system boot up

Both tests using the same SSD.

So, I am wondering the new firmware release can improve this?

The 8450 required to build a database for just the first time. The database will take about 1 min and you need to save that file. If you ignore the data base, it's okay too.

Database only required again by prompt if there are changes in the SSD, add songs or delete songs

Song start playing within 10 secs. Back then, my song could be lesser only 5000

8650 will require 70 secs after the system boot up

Both tests using the same SSD.

So, I am wondering the new firmware release can improve this?

So performance is quite similar, except that you are saying 8650 need to rebuilt the catalogue everytime it restarted.

Unfortunately Pioneer does not provide the release notes on what's included in the update or what had been fixed. If there is no others replying you why don't you just try? Anyway firmware version 1.06 is already officially provided for Singapore customer.

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/support/firmware-details/index.html/?Model=AVH-X8650BT%20Apple%20CarPlay%E2%84%A2%20Firmware%20Update%20%20%28For%20Singapore%20Only%29&FwareId=43

↡ Advertisement