AVH-X8650BT

Cow28

So performance is quite similar, except that you are saying 8650 need to rebuilt the catalogue everytime it restarted.

Unfortunately Pioneer does not provide the release notes on what's included in the update or what had been fixed. If there is no others replying you why don't you just try? Anyway firmware version 1.06 is already officially provided for Singapore customer.

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/support/firmware-details/index.html/?Model=AVH-X8650BT%20Apple%20CarPlay%E2%84%A2%20Firmware%20Update%20%20%28For%20Singapore%20Only%29&FwareId=43

Thanks for the link and reply.

There are some concern here.

Which Firmware upgrade so I try? 1.06 or 1.07.

Was looking for the change log but can't find it too.

I also afraid that after the upgrade, it might become worse (slower) and this is irreversible.

I am still waiting for the chance to test on the latest 8750 too.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the link and reply.

There are some concern here.

Which Firmware upgrade so I try? 1.06 or 1.07.

Was looking for the change log but can't find it too.

I also afraid that after the upgrade, it might become worse (slower) and this is irreversible.

I am still waiting for the chance to test on the latest 8750 too.

Latest available official local firmware is 1.06. Too bad there is no change log at all, but generally the feedback is good. Reset to original firmware should be able to be performed by pioneer Singapore, since you are using the supported firmware.

Latest available official local firmware is 1.06. Too bad there is no change log at all, but generally the feedback is good. Reset to original firmware should be able to be performed by pioneer Singapore, since you are using the supported firmware.

Mine was purchased in early Jan with come with version 1.08 (I think).

I'm currently using it with Iphone 5 (tested with Iphone 6 as well) from version 8.01 to 8.2 now (upgrading to 8.3 today)

I activated Siri all this while but it works intermittently for Call and Message Apps. Navigation though is quite good.

The rest of the Apps intermittently as well.

However since last early week my Call and Message Apps does not produce any voice feedback from the system.

Did several Resets on the 8650 but it managed to work once only. Tried with different Iphone and version up to IOS 8.2 and different original lightning cables. Gave up, now using Bluetooth.

post-19708-0-22375600-1428976473.jpg

Edited by Meadelx200

Those using waze on our 8650, glad to inform you that as of ios8.3 update it no longer crashes when keyboard pops up.

So now im back to using pioneer's appradio mode and carmedia player.

After using carplay for quite sometime, it is indeed the better interface, so much faster for doing stuff.

My fall back plan if after update slower than before will be 8750. But I need to test first.

The instructions already mentioned, you can roll firmware backwards.

Forget about Pioneer Singapore, they are useless!

Hi,

Under HU, Do u set under setting ,smart phone option to USB,u will see the carplay icon..

Your iPhone also appear carplay under the setting..

Try it out again, u suppose to hook on USB 1..

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. have tried and it worked! Haha. Seem like to activate the carplay the usb need to be usb1.

But I still can't activate the appradio. No appradio shown when I connect to the iphone.

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. have tried and it worked! Haha. Seem like to activate the carplay the usb need to be usb1.

But I still can't activate the appradio. No appradio shown when I connect to the iphone.

Yup..

I am still trying to get the app radio work...

Anyone ???

that's all??

to be more precise you need:

avh x8650bt hu

hdmi cable - plugged to hdmi input at the back of hu

lightning cable - plugged to usb 1 at the back of hu

apple digital AV adapter - the other end of the hdmi and lightning plugged into this adapter, and the iphone plugged to the other end

your iphone has the following apps installed:

- appradio (free)

- waze

- car media player

etc.

for the proper list go to this site http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/page/products/appradio-mode/apps.html?

click appradio mode

once everything is plugged:

go to settings - smart phone settings: make sure its on iphone and dv adapter (not usb)

choose hdmi from source list, then mode, you will now be asked to allow hu to access iphone appradio, press allow.

you will now see welcome (whatever your iphone's name is)... viola... enjoy appradio mode

Edited by Melbs

to be more precise you need:

avh x8650bt hu

hdmi cable - plugged to hdmi input at the back of hu

lightning cable - plugged to usb 1 at the back of hu

apple digital AV adapter - the other end of the hdmi and lightning plugged into this adapter, and the iphone plugged to the other end

your iphone has the following apps installed:

- appradio (free)

- waze

- car media player

etc.

for the proper list go to this site http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/page/products/appradio-mode/apps.html?

click appradio mode

once everything is plugged:

go to settings - smart phone settings: make sure its on iphone and dv adapter (not usb)

choose hdmi from source list, then mode, you will now be asked to allow hu to access iphone appradio, press allow.

you will now see welcome (whatever your iphone's name is)... viola... enjoy appradio mode

Thanks...bro..

Neutral Newbie

Yes and you have to set input settings to digital receiver.

But bear in mind, if you got a iPod and iPhone connected together at the same time. setting it as Digital Receiver, you can't listen to iPod while connected to iPhone.

You have to switch to iPod/iPhone settings manually.

I have updated to firmware 1.06 And now having the problem of mp3 song not able to resume after I restart the engine. It always start from the first song.

Any setting for this?

Anyone esle facing the same problem?

I have updated to firmware 1.06 And now having the problem of mp3 song not able to resume after I restart the engine. It always start from the first song.

Any setting for this?

Anyone esle facing the same problem?

Hi

Strange , I dont have this problem..

I can continue the song when re start the engine(SD card).

I have yet to try the USB thumb drive...

↡ Advertisement