Anybody noticed their home water pressure keep dropping?

Pisces69

Hi all.

I have been observing that my HDB flat water pressure has been slowly dropping as the months go by.

I suspect the HDB is slowly shutting the water valve controlling the water pressure to save water.

Now the pressure has become so bad that if my washing machine is running, someone is using 2 other taps in the house, I got hardly any water for my shower in the Master Bedroom Toilet.

I called them ysterday n ty sent a plumber who said his "meter" shows the pressure abt 2.2 bar is "good" n he cannot do anything. He checked my taps n said the filters r clogged n ask me to clean them. I did that but still the pressure is very low unlike when I moved in abt15-20 years ago when the water was spraying like a fire hose. [thumbsup]

I cud take a quick shower in 10 mins b4. Now takes at least 20 mins. [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Mine is the same as yours....been living like that for the past 8yrs....

I will only bath when the washer is off...

Got ask them check water tank upstairs?? Maybe a body choke up the pipe?...

You really KNS siah. Ask the MP to drink water again. hahaha......cant stop laughing.......

Hi all.

I have been observing that my HDB flat water pressure has been slowly dropping as the months go by.

I suspect the HDB is slowly shutting the water valve controlling the water pressure to save water.

Now the pressure has become so bad that if my washing machine is running, someone is using 2 other taps in the house, I got hardly any water for my shower in the Master Bedroom Toilet.

I called them ysterday n ty sent a plumber who said his "meter" shows the pressure abt 2.2 bar is "good" n he cannot do anything. He checked my taps n said the filters r clogged n ask me to clean them. I did that but still the pressure is very low unlike when I moved in abt15-20 years ago when the water was spraying like a fire hose. [thumbsup]

I do notice that my tap water also show some issue.....when I turn ON the tap, the water coming out is like squirting.....flowing and then squirt...flowing and then squirt....

and the water pipe are always emitting noise like a burst every 5 sec.....

BTW: I am staying in Punggol and on the 16th floor which is the second highest.....

Supersonic

Hi all.

Maybe they "upgraded" your flat and use a "cheaper and better" pump.

Unless there's clogging in your inline pipe, there's nothing else you can do.

To do a bit of "flushing", you can try shutting off your main inline pipe.

Then open all the taps and valve insides your house and let the remainder water out.

Then shut off the taps and open main valve.

Open one tap at a time, and you might find the water pressure build-up pushing out all the gunk.

Turbocharged
(edited)

the Meter shows 2.2 Bars pressure and its normal.

The inflow and outflow of the Meter 2.2 Bars but somewhere along the piping to your house is stuck and it can be small particles of sand accumulated thru the years or even the pipes oxidation that constricts the flow.

Go ask the Plumber to insert the wire to try clear the piping from the meter side and see if can resolve the problem.

Or the other method if this does not solve your problem is to get those Shower heads with Mist function, that can increase the spray pressure for you to have a good bath and save even more water.

Edited by Tigerwoods

(edited)

This is what I do. Use a plastic bag, make sure it's not leaking, pour some white vinegar(artificial also can) into the bag. Now wrap it around the taps(using rubber band) you find that the flow is slow. Make sure the white vinegar is in contact with the tap's water outlet. It's ok if there's some residue water in the tap.

Do it in the morning before you leave for work or you are going for a holiday. By the time you come home from work at night it will clear your partially clogged pipes.

Good luck.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Hmmmmm............. preparing for this, maybe ... [sweatdrop]

CNA news: El Nino may be back in Southeast Asia mid-2014

KUALA LUMPUR: The United Kingdom Meteorological Office has forecasted a high likelihood of El Nino striking Southeast Asia in the middle of the year.

Association of Water and Energy Research Malaysia (Awer) president, S Piarapakaran, said the institution, using the El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) model, had forecasted a 70 per cent probability of El Nino in Southeast Asia.

The weather phenomenon is linked to dry spells in Southeast Asia.

According to Singapore's National Environment Agency (NEA), El Nino occurs every two to seven years and typically lasts about nine to 18 months.

A “very strong” El Nino year in 1997 led to a prolonged dry season in Singapore.

NEA said annual rainfall in Singapore that year was about half of the long-term average and the annual average temperature was 1.4 degrees Celsius above the long-term average.

According to Malaysian news agency Bernama, El Nino could lead to a dry spell lasting about six months for the country.

el-nino-infographic-data.png

- CNA/Bernama/xq

link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/el-nino-may-be-back-in/1098666.html

Supersonic

Mine is already 21 years old. The pressure is still as strong as before. I still turn on the main valve at half only to cut down the pressure.

I don't if your piping is correctly done or not. I suppose the main supply pipe should be of bigger diameter than the rest.

This is what I do. Use a plastic bag, make sure it's not leaking, pour some white vinegar(artificial also can) into the bag. Now wrap it around the taps(using rubber band) you find that the flow is slow. Make sure the white vinegar is in contact with the tap's water outlet. It's ok if there's some residue water in the tap.

Do it in the morning before you leave for work or you are going for a holiday. By the time you come home from work at night it will clear your partially clogged pipes.

Good luck.

I believe that will work if the shower head is choked. But don't know about low pressure though.

Supercharged

It usuallly happens when one house unit shares one main inlet water pipe.

Mine also like that...as my kitchen is nearest to the main pipe, whenever someone turn on kitchen tap, or washing machine is collecting water - the bathroom/toilets inside all have lesser water pressure. [:(]

To overcome this, avoid taking shower when someone is washing in the kitchen, or when the washing machine is running....

Turbocharged

I do notice that my tap water also show some issue.....when I turn ON the tap, the water coming out is like squirting.....flowing and then squirt...flowing and then squirt....

and the water pipe are always emitting noise like a burst every 5 sec.....

BTW: I am staying in Punggol and on the 16th floor which is the second highest.....

Probably somewhere up the line, got a leak which causes air to be mixed with the pipe.

Another possibility (but very unlikely) is cavitation at the pressure booster pump, which cause little air bubbles to be mixed with the water.

my place almost 40yrs also pressure damn low.

cannot let the water run in both bathrooms at the same time...sure got 1 suffer.

↡ Advertisement