Anybody noticed their home water pressure keep dropping?

Pisces69

(edited)

just go outside your house, make sure the main valve is opened FULLY.

Tried. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said the pressure couldn't meet the supply. Mid-night shower is the best. Pressure is at its best state.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Turbocharged

I am at 7th floor n the total in my block is 15 floors.

When we moved in abt 15 yrs back the water pressure was damm strong. Shiok like that. [thumbsup]

Ya I know the pump at ground floor is to pump the water up to the water tank.

There sud b another small booster pump upstairs near the water tank. maybe now they removed it cos of the "Save water campaingn"?

That was to increase pressure during the peak times when everybody turn on their taps n the gravity pressure was not enough.

The booster pump upstairs ( at the roof ) is to serve levels 13, 14 , 15 where there is not enough head ( height diff ) from the roof water tank to these floors.

As you are on level 7 , there is a total of 8 floors ( 15-7) of head so the pressure at your floor should be very strong. I am not sure whether there is a PRV ( Pressure Reducing valve ) installed at the floor(s) above you to lessen the water pressure to your unit . If there is, the PRV may be the culprit. Best check with your town council.

Supercharged

I shower wil wash hair n maybe shave too. But I very clean n wash "everywhere". Some pple very quick cos ty miss some vital parts. Hahahaha.

Oh I see...then that is alright. Of course shower time should wash hair also lah....but not necessary shave. Most men shave only in the morning when they brush their teeth!

Some people stay very long in the shower cos they uses the jet spray as a form of massage also... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

The booster pump upstairs ( at the roof ) is to serve levels 13, 14 , 15 where there is not enough head ( height diff ) from the roof water tank to these floors.

As you are on level 7 , there is a total of 8 floors ( 15-7) of head so the pressure at your floor should be very strong. I am not sure whether there is a PRV ( Pressure Reducing valve ) installed at the floor(s) above you to lessen the water pressure to your unit . If there is, the PRV may be the culprit. Best check with your town council.

I did make some noise that my water pressure damm low. Thats why they sent a plumber to check but he said its normal. (2.2bar).

But when I moved in abt 15 yrs back the pressure was damm power.

Only recently like a couple of years back it started to drop bit by bit till now quite bad. I feel like now someone is slowly bit by bit closing a main tap on the roof.

This pressure drop started when ty gave a form asking us if we wan to have the thimble installed to reduce water usage. I said I DO NOT want but my pressure dropped all the same. [furious]

Oh I see...then that is alright. Of course shower time should wash hair also lah....but not necessary shave. Most men shave only in the morning when they brush their teeth!

Some people stay very long in the shower cos they uses the jet spray as a form of massage also... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

I prefer to get the real deal massage at the Spa. Hahahaha. [laugh]

Turbocharged

I did make some noise that my water pressure damm low. Thats why they sent a plumber to check but he said its normal. (2.2bar).

But when I moved in abt 15 yrs back the pressure was damm power.

Only recently like a couple of years back it started to drop bit by bit till now quite bad. I feel like now someone is slowly bit by bit closing a main tap on the roof.

This pressure drop started when ty gave a form asking us if we wan to have the thimble installed to reduce water usage. I said I DO NOT want but my pressure dropped all the same. [furious]

Isn't it obvious?.. Asking your opinion is just for wayang... Already decided long ago.... Hehehe....

Isn't it obvious?.. Asking your opinion is just for wayang... Already decided long ago.... Hehehe....

As with all things connected with gharmen ty only ask for show but they alrdy decided what to do long ago n dun care a fark what u say. [furious][thumbsdown]

Alternatively, can install storage heater instead?

I dun know if it wil make a difference cos the main pressure still low so water coming from the storage heater wil also b low.

And Storage heater uses more electricity.

Supersonic

I dun know if it wil make a difference cos the main pressure still low so water coming from the storage heater wil also b low.

If you need more pressure, you need your own in-house water pump.

But that cost electricity to run as well.

I was in London once (I think it's London) and the owner had to run his own pump for the water heater.

If you need more pressure, you need your own in-house water pump.

But that cost electricity to run as well.

I was in London once (I think it's London) and the owner had to run his own pump for the water heater.

I think install my own water pump only if I stay big house. Small flat dun need lah. Take up space n noisy.

I just make noise to area office n get them to increase water pressure better. Im sure ty have done something to reduce the pressure cos of the "save water campagain".

Supercharged

Storage heater will help in the pressure because it has a water pump on its own.

The only problem you may have is the is the storage heater may not be filled up as quickly as others.

In fact, storage heater nowadays if you use it wisely, the energy consumption is quite comparable.

trouble is you have to lay the water pipes to for both bathroom.

Call your town council to check. I experienced the exact problem 1.5 month ago, pressure was ridiculously low, need to double the time taken to bath etc. town council sent their plumber to check on the water supply outside my unit, adjust the water valve here n there and ask me to monitor the next day. Problem still persist over 2 days after giving an update each day. Each day the plumber came down to check n adjust. then on the 3rd day, i complained again, this time the plumber got it right, the water pressure is damn strong that i never experience when i moved in 5 yrs ago. now is better then in the hotels.

Hi all.

I have been observing that my HDB flat water pressure has been slowly dropping as the months go by.

I suspect the HDB is slowly shutting the water valve controlling the water pressure to save water.

Now the pressure has become so bad that if my washing machine is running, someone is using 2 other taps in the house, I got hardly any water for my shower in the Master Bedroom Toilet.

I called them ysterday n ty sent a plumber who said his "meter" shows the pressure abt 2.2 bar is "good" n he cannot do anything. He checked my taps n said the filters r clogged n ask me to clean them. I did that but still the pressure is very low unlike when I moved in abt15-20 years ago when the water was spraying like a fire hose. [thumbsup]

I cud take a quick shower in 10 mins b4. Now takes at least 20 mins. [:(]

Supercharged

I think install my own water pump only if I stay big house. Small flat dun need lah. Take up space n noisy.

I just make noise to area office n get them to increase water pressure better. Im sure ty have done something to reduce the pressure cos of the "save water campagain".

Aiyah, you go swimming pool and shower there lah.....there got powerful shower spray and at the same time can beo xmm in swimwear... !! :ph34r:[laugh]

Storage heater will help in the pressure because it has a water pump on its own.

The only problem you may have is the is the storage heater may not be filled up as quickly as others.

In fact, storage heater nowadays if you use it wisely, the energy consumption is quite comparable.

trouble is you have to lay the water pipes to for both bathroom.

I agreed. Me using a storage heater and been having strong water pressure shower ever since. It only takes about 5-10 mins for the heater to store n heat up and we'll all ready to get wet (as if we are standing under the rain) !! [laugh]

Lay water pipes for a storage heater could be troublesome n (maybe) messy but I'm sure the contractor will have a way to do it. [:/]

Turbocharged
I agreed. Me using a storage heater and been having strong water pressure shower ever since. It only takes about 5-10 mins for the heater to store n heat up and we'll all ready to get wet (as if we are standing under the rain) !! [laugh]

Strong and hot water just nice when you and xmm shower together!! But when you two get too "HOT"in the shower, just remember to turn on the cold water to cool down.

Supercharged

Strong and hot water just nice when you and xmm shower together!! But when you two get too "HOT"in the shower, just remember to turn on the cold water to cool down.

But but hor.... turn off the hot water will also cut off the steam effect leh... With steam it feels more romantic lah !!! [grin]

Turbocharged

But but hor.... turn off the hot water will also cut off the steam effect leh... With steam it feels more romantic lah !!! [grin]

I m worried the steam will obscure your vision, and you may aim wrongly!

↡ Advertisement