Anybody noticed their home water pressure keep dropping?

Pisces69

Actually the specs of the rain shower set also matters. Those that are capable of high flow rates you will definitely need storage heater / booster pump to fully enjoy the experience! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

All the taps in my house have low pressure lo, nothing to do with water is hot or cold. Anyway, it is true that if you stay on the last 3rd level of the blk, the water pressure would be lower as compared with other level? Example, if your blk total floor is 12, and those units at the level 10 water pressure would be low de.

So no one have the answer to my question as above ah?  [confused]

Edited by 13177

No leh, no difference. I went to my neighbour's house before. He stay at top floor but the water pressure same as mine. 

All the taps in my house have low pressure lo, nothing to do with water is hot or cold. Anyway, it is true that if you stay on the last 3rd level of the blk, the water pressure would be lower as compared with other level? Example, if your blk total floor is 12, and those units at the level 10 water pressure would be low de.

Technically, the top 3 floors should have better pressure and flow. Thats because the top 3-5levels are usually pump feed and then the rest is by gravity. Lower levels are usually served by direct feed from PUB so its ok as well.. units in the middle are usually worse off.

So no one have the answer to my question as above ah? [confused]

Link your posting to the property up/down thread. You will get reply there. Haha

Technically, the top 3 floors should have better pressure and flow. Thats because the top 3-5levels are usually pump feed and then the rest is by gravity. Lower levels are usually served by direct feed from PUB so its ok as well.. units in the middle are usually worse off.

So i kena smoke by the plumber liao? They told me the highest 3rd level of the blk will have the lowest water pressure, so he told me dont choose to stay in this level, can stay the highest two level but not the highest 3rd level, if not your water pressure would get affected de. 

No leh, no difference. I went to my neighbour's house before. He stay at top floor but the water pressure same as mine. 

You stay on the highest 3rd floor of the blk ah?

Edited by 13177

So i kena smoke by the plumber liao? They told me the highest 3rd level of the blk will have the lowest water pressure, so he told me dont choose to stay in this level, can stay the highest two level but not the highest 3rd level, if not your water pressure would get affected de. 

Your plumber is right if that block does not have a booster pump. But High rise buildings nowadays sure got booster pump de. If not the water pressure will suck (see video link). So your plumber told you the half truth, the other half of the truth is what you are doing now which is finding out. Lol.. Hope it helps!!

There are so many articles talking about what you have just mentioned. When the water tank is at the rooftop without a booster system, top floor will have the lowest water pressure and pressure increases and stabilize progressively with the floors below.

Edited by Tommisan

Your plumber is right if that block does not have a booster pump. But High rise buildings nowadays sure got booster pump de. If not the water pressure will suck (see video link). So your plumber told you the half truth, the other half of the truth is what you are doing now which is finding out. Lol.. Hope it helps!!

If that block dont have booster pump, so it means really only the highest 3rd level got affected ah? And other floors no problem?

If that block dont have booster pump, so it means really only the highest 3rd level got affected ah? And other floors no problem?

Usually if that block requires a water tank, it would warrant a booster system. If there is no water tank above, then it would mean that the water would be direct feed from PUB mains. That would mean the top few floors would usually be low in flow and pressure. PUB have regulations on these so there is no worries abt it. Edited by Buadongdong

Usually if that block requires a water tank, it would warrant a booster system. If there is no water tank above, then it would mean that the water would be direct feed from PUB mains. That would mean the top few floors would usually be low in flow and pressure. PUB have regulations on these so there is no worries abt it.

My blk confirmed have water tank lo, so now still back to the mystery question why water pressure is low in my unit? Lol. And it also seems like HDB plumber is smoking me with their theory that nothing can be done, and they even blame me that i have changed the original hdb piping to own piping that will affect the water pressure?!  [bigcry]

My blk confirmed have water tank lo, so now still back to the mystery question why water pressure is low in my unit? Lol. And it also seems like HDB plumber is smoking me with their theory that nothing can be done, and they even blame me that i have changed the original hdb piping to own piping that will affect the water pressure?! [bigcry]

Pm you seperately.

My blk confirmed have water tank lo, so now still back to the mystery question why water pressure is low in my unit? Lol. And it also seems like HDB plumber is smoking me with their theory that nothing can be done, and they even blame me that i have changed the original hdb piping to own piping that will affect the water pressure?! [bigcry]

You open the service duct door, look at the piping, if from floor to ceiling, than meant continue to upper floor, say maybe until level 5. If end there meant 1-5 direct feed, then go the 6 floor should only see ceiling to branch pipe, not connected to lower level, these will be from water tank.

By right level 3 pressure should be greater than level 5.

If neighbour have same issue then it's water pressure, if only your unit , then maybe supply pipe, if upper floor same unit also have same problem , then likely supply pipe lor pressure.

[nod]

Twincharged

i am on the top floor ... 12 storey block ... my unit is under the water tank (so not so hot also) ....

but water pressure sucks ... but i installed an Alpha instant water heater with pump then my water pressure is good.

but my common toilet is using non-pump instant water heater and the pressure is very pathetic.

however, i am guessing occasionally when many ppl using water at the same time, even my pump water heater also cannot help.

i am on the top floor ... 12 storey block ... my unit is under the water tank (so not so hot also) ....

but water pressure sucks ... but i installed an Alpha instant water heater with pump then my water pressure is good.

but my common toilet is using non-pump instant water heater and the pressure is very pathetic.

however, i am guessing occasionally when many ppl using water at the same time, even my pump water heater also cannot help.

hi bro, where did you buy Alpha instant water heater and which model? My water is very very slow and i on 9 floor.

Edited by Tonydeath
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1