This is why you don't jam brake on the expressway

Internal Moderator

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152349091553898&set=vb.531238897&type=2&theater

"Hi guys,

This video show a Singapore traffic police camping on a overhead bridge catching speeding like a peeping tom.

The driver in the video jammed brake due to the front vehicle jammed brake suddenly.

A motorcyclist was thrown over the car together with his bike n had a hard land on the ground becos the car behind the motorcyclist crushed on the motorcyclist n threw him n his bike over the car in front of him. Can imagine how harsh is the collision.

The poor motorcyclist was seriously injured. Can Singapore traffic police stop doing all the surprise speed trap to prevent such accident to happen again. This is not the first time such incident happened.

At least put a speed trap warning sign to warn all motorist to prevent all these deadly stupid mistake.

Please share this video to all your friends with your comment. I really feel sorry for the innocent motorcyclist. Thank you."

1. Sudden jam brake by the car with the video recorder

2. Someone might be following a little too closely

And this is why it's actually safer to lanesplit than to follow behind a car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

6th Gear

I still think there are more accidents when a bikie lane split compare to the accident you posted.

• Praise 2

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152349091553898&set=vb.531238897&type=2&theater

"Hi guys,

This video show a Singapore traffic police camping on a overhead bridge catching speeding like a peeping tom.

I think the biker was going to fast also.. the bike could even launch over to the car infront...usually from accidents I had seen,

the bike is usually stuck behind the rear boot.

Supersonic
(edited)

Great job TP !

You have made the roads safer.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

I think it's a bit late by the time these drivers spotted the TP. From far he can capture their speed w/o much issue.

• Praise 2

The bike impacted the cam corder car, or the car behind the cam corder car?

the bike can fly over 2 car?

nowadays tp now sub con liao...you see on the aye towards tuas, nearing clementi exit to pie those overhead bridge..consecutive 4-5 bridges all have those sub cons with video cameras pointing downwards..i really mean consecutive...means the following 4-5 bridges all have the cameras..duno for wat...

Hypersonic

I don't like speed traps

but to say no speed traps to stop bikers

falling off is a very weak arguement.

But since I don't like speed traps

I will support you. [thumbsup]

What do we want - "No speed traps to prevent bikers falling off."

When do we want it - "Now"

:D

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I rather see 100 guilty speeding drivers get away scot free

than to see 1 innocent rider get injured.

Title should be, "This is why you don't tailgate on expressway"

Shhhh it should be "Thats why we don't have speed traps on expressway"

nowadays tp now sub con liao...you see on the aye towards tuas, nearing clementi exit to pie those overhead bridge..consecutive 4-5 bridges all have those sub cons with video cameras pointing downwards..i really mean consecutive...means the following 4-5 bridges all have the cameras..duno for wat...

then dun speed, want to speed and want to worried?

there are many people using camera on bridge, some do survey, some student take photo, some old uncle take scenery, not necessary all TP. If every time see people holding something on hand on the bridge become panick jam brake, like that also blame the TP?

• Praise 13

Supercharged

piang eh... what kinda speed are they going to need to jam brake liddat?

usually, to not get caught, as long as you go with the flow of the traffic, it should be OK?

unless you speed so fast that you stick out like a sore thumb, you are not likely to be caught.

morning traffic, even if you can speed, how much faster can you go? sheez~~!

the bike can fly over 2 car?

Very wierd, how can the car behind the cyclist crush on the motorcycle? Means that the car in front of cyclist slow down, and the one behind speed up, hence the accident? [hur]

A motorcyclist was thrown over the car together with his bike n had a hard land on the ground becos the car behind the motorcyclist crushed on the motorcyclist n threw him n his bike over the car in front of him. Can imagine how harsh is the collision.

Supercharged

Speed traps are dangerous as when one travel above speed limit, one have to deal with not just traffic as well as overhead bridges, favourite hiding spots.

It will take their concentrations off the main traffic.

How can that be safe?

Hypersonic

It is obvious the bike was tailgating the car and travelling at a high speed. Just look at how he AND the bike was flung over the car. If motorcyclist had been just a little further, he may be able to avoid the collision and save himself.

• Praise 1