Volvo V40 Diesel

nazerath

(edited)

Wow! There is lot common sense in Singapore. Now, I understand why Mercedes is the best selling car in Singapore. Have a peace of mind.

U will face this problem with any car brands the moment they decide to bring in fuel economical based turbo diesel engines.

350 CDI are not in this category, and the costs are of different leagues.

I'm someone who prefer more torque at low rpm so i have a relaxed city driving (the feeling of more acceleration with gentle tap of the accelerator). Cat A COE Mercs (CLA180, etc) will not be able to provide that.

I need a 2.5 Turbo petrol engine (approx 230-250hp) to provide me that kind of low rpm torque acceleration that the D2 can provide - and i'm speaking from my own personal experience based on cars I've owned over the years.

If you like to step hard on the accelerator, forget about diesel.

I guess it's about internal reflection to know what you truly need/want. A car is a "few years" relationship (unless yours is just months) - i would want to choose a car that makes me feel at natural ease for that few years. I doubt having just that prestigious logo alone makes me enjoy the car.

Volvo meets my peace of mind, for safety in particular. And personally, i'm willing to pay for a higher end Volvo anytime as opposed to a German marque.

For info, i'm in my 3rd Volvo already.

Tks Guys [wave] [wave] [wave]

These have been very helpful and set my mind at peace with reliability and consumption.

Does any knows if Volvo going to bring in their new Drive E engines anytime soon???

Seen it on the web about the 2015 S60 and will be keen to try that out first before committing to my very first conti diesel.

Have a great holiday ahead........ [angel] [angel] [angel]

Hi Bluecollar, XC60 T5 Drive-E is already available for test drive. You can approach any sales consultant to arrange a test drive.

If you would like to have more convenience, you can PM me. I will drop you the contact of my sales consultant for you to link up with.

Some info, 0-100km/h for XC60 T5 Drive-E (4 cyl 2.0T) is 7.2s. It's faster than the XC60 T6 (6 cyl 3.0T) at 7.3s.

The increase acceleration is due largely to the 8 speed auto - first in a Volvo.

But i doubt it will be cheap. But i'm sure you will enjoy the smoothness of the gear change (i've tested it already).. haha

Edited by Jtsjv
↡ Advertisement

doing 170km/h is a pain??? Now that is very surprising :huh:

it the fiqure is 220, then i am not surprised.

What I meant was getting it from 0-170kph will take awhile. Don't expect much from a 1.6l diesel with only 2 valves per cylinder. Sustaining that speed is easy. (:

What I meant was getting it from 0-170kph will take awhile. Don't expect much from a 1.6l diesel with only 2 valves per cylinder. Sustaining that speed is easy. (:

note taken. It is after all a 1.6l and the puny power output is indeed limiting.

But city driving would be a breeze... [thumbsup]

Supersonic

"Volvo D2 (4 cyl 1.6TD) - max torque of 270Nm from 1750-2500rpm, max power of 115hp @ 3600rpm."

Thats the reason why I think the Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI with 6AT would be so ideal for Sg driving (its regretably not brought in).

It should cruise comfortably at 120 all day & when u need to overtake a lorry, gasing it to 140-150 shouldnt be difficult.

TD(s) are basically utilitarian with great FC (average 30-40% than its petrol counterpart). And the engines typically last 2x as long as its petrol counterparts (great if u intend to drive it for 20yrs) .

At the moment, my reservation is that its too good for the garmen not to pull the carpet sometime in the future ......just like what happened top CNG.

Initially, the tax was $1.25 per cc added to ur road tax (hence breakeven is at 30k mileage). For the last 2 yrs, its at $0.40 per cc. So breakeven is at 10k mileage /yr whereby even if low mileage driver would benefit.

I opine that as & when TD(s) gain more traction in Sg, LTA would choot pattern to "balance" things. Eg, break even point based on special Tax specially calibrated to make it occur around the 24k mileage point?

Thing TD(s) greatest boon would be for appication on CAT A SUV(s) & MPV(s).

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

note taken. It is after all a 1.6l and the puny power output is indeed limiting.

But city driving would be a breeze... [thumbsup]

For 1.6L turbo diesel. The best match is still a 6spd manual gearbox. I had driven the rental one in Germany multiple time. For manual gear, the 1st 4 gear provide good acceleration and the top 2 gear provide good cruising comfort.

• Praise 1

For 1.6L turbo diesel. The best match is still a 6spd manual gearbox. I had driven the rental one in Germany multiple time. For manual gear, the 1st 4 gear provide good acceleration and the top 2 gear provide good cruising comfort.

if only they import the sticks......if only [:/]

Test drove this...I'm driving a 1.5l Jap sedan... so the torque in this ride indeed made city driving easy and even on expressway, shd be fun too...

The 1900 service package includes everything but only 4 service sessions..is it worth?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Test drove this...I'm driving a 1.5l Jap sedan... so the torque in this ride indeed made city driving easy and even on expressway, shd be fun too...

The 1900 service package includes everything but only 4 service sessions..is it worth?

4 sessions @ 15k intervals shld last u 60k or ard 3 years. volvo service not cheap so tink bo pian. btw, is it full maintenance package or servicing onli?

• Praise 1

you bought ? how much you paid?

I took the 120k package....they say now 130k or bluff one...:)

anyway, this car yet to be cleared by LTA the SE said...so maybe wun come so soon too.

4 sessions @ 15k intervals shld last u 60k or ard 3 years. volvo service not cheap so tink bo pian. btw, is it full maintenance package or servicing onli?

SE said all included...wear n tear parts also...so shd be full maintenance

Supersonic

then the price is ok. last time, wipers, a/c filter oso they change for me. these are not cheap. ala carte, IIRC, the wipers alone oredi $150+, a/c filter $250+...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] . but the best part is the dedicated SA - can juz msg n everything settle. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

the wipers alone oredi $150+, a/c filter $250+......

There really treat you like carrot.

Wiper at the most below S$80.

A/c filter original cost less than S$40.

Turbocharged

There really treat you like carrot.

Wiper at the most below S$80.

A/c filter original cost less than S$40.

where huh?

oil change labour outside 1 time how much ?

I took the 120k package....they say now 130k or bluff one...:)

anyway, this car yet to be cleared by LTA the SE said...so maybe wun come so soon too.

i was told brake pads and other wear and tear but no tires. You going for it? they tell you 120 sure can get car?

• Praise 3

where huh?

oil change labour outside 1 time how much ?

i was told brake pads and other wear and tear but no tires. You going for it? they tell you 120 sure can get car?

oh tyres no la... haha. Oil change outside abt 20-30 for labour if you provide the parts yourself.

120k is guaranteed coe but 6 bids.

the servicing package is slightly more ex than Jap cars but I think wearnes services not bad right

Turbocharged

oh tyres no la... haha. Oil change outside abt 20-30 for labour if you provide the parts yourself.

120k is guaranteed coe but 6 bids.

the servicing package is slightly more ex than Jap cars but I think wearnes services not bad right

what does it mean that 120 guaranteed coe? meaning that so long as paid deposit the car is yours? the sales guy was mentioning maybe add cash?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1