Volvo V40 Diesel

nazerath

I know.. if you have the money , you can customize everything..

What I was told by the SE was there is only 1 version for basic... maybe higher spec sold out liao so SE didnt bother to tell me about it.. I even ask the SE, What if i want the the digital speedo.. SE told me they dun have that in the upcoming V40 D2 model anymore.. If I want it i have to get the cross country...

Anyway , its not my first vehicle... my previous vehicles with 0% NCB also dun have $4k.. its ok.. i was trying to say that this car is not even a "sport car" or "fast" car or "high risk" car , how come 4k insurance so high.. even if I use my parent's name also $3+k...

I know real sports car you cant get insurance for $4k.. But there are tons of "sportier" NA or Turbo vehicles that perform way better and "higher risk" and the insurance is not that high.

Its ok.. I rest my case... I was just attracted by the $120k price tag and when i did some research online, I expected a "better" spec-ed vehicle for the $135k basic model than the advertised $120k ... But well, I guess thats what AD do... when they first bring a model in, they will showcase it full of specs... after it was launched, they would slowly remove some "unnecessary" features slowly...

SE said it will be a mileage car.. I ask SE what does that mean. SE said there is a event in June and the cars will be used for the event. so buyers can only collect the car after the event.. So i said its event car..

Thats why I ask who is your SE mah.

And yes you're right. AD will slowly remove some features so as to sell the cars. The chances of the vehicle being the same as the one launched will differ. V40 is an entry level Volvo. So wearnes will try to push it as low as possible.

As for your insurance, I think should look into it further. But its normal if its 0% NCD. (:

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Thats why I ask who is your SE mah.

And yes you're right. AD will slowly remove some features so as to sell the cars. The chances of the vehicle being the same as the one launched will differ. V40 is an entry level Volvo. So wearnes will try to push it as low as possible.

As for your insurance, I think should look into it further. But its normal if its 0% NCD. (:

Anyway I just went to Aviva online to randomly find a quote. for my age 0% NCB for V40 T4 it was $2.6k which i think it is totally acceptable...

Edited by Soho

Turbocharged

Scary to read some of you signed on the dotted line for a 120k item without knowing what's included or how the guaranteed or non guaranteed system works..,

if I'm driving purely in SG, I'm tempted as well at the v40 but I do drive up north, so.. Its out...

• Praise 1

I think e deal is earlier units at 120k guaranteed coe but event cars.. then subsequent not event's car? Abit confused now with different SE offers

Turbocharged
(edited)

todays papers no long have the v40 on sale, only the other models.

Edited by nazerath

Supercharged

let's be clear pple:

V40 is V40

V40 Cross Country is V40 Cross Country

they are different models!

even if they are both V40 and one is better-spec'ed + priced higher than the other, doesn't make it the "higher spec" version of the other...

let's be clear pple:

V40 is V40

V40 Cross Country is V40 Cross Country

they are different models!

even if they are both V40 and one is better-spec'ed + priced higher than the other, doesn't make it the "higher spec" version of the other...

I know they are different. What I'm trying to say is if the buyer wants to consider something with higher spec, there is the CC version. My bad for the misconception.

I don't quite get your last sentence though. If both are V40 for instance (not CC), doesn't it become higher spec because it has electric seats, electric folding mirrors etc? More spec means more expensive right?

Supercharged

I don't quite get your last sentence though. If both are V40 for instance (not CC), doesn't it become higher spec because it has electric seats, electric folding mirrors etc? More spec means more expensive right?

just meant that they are different models and not differently-spec'ed versions of the same model.

(edited)

just meant that they are different models and not differently-spec'ed versions of the same model.

[thumbsup] Yeap. Noted! (:

Edited by Nikos_tan

Turbocharged

I know they are different. What I'm trying to say is if the buyer wants to consider something with higher spec, there is the CC version. My bad for the misconception.

Do you consider Subaru TS, wrx and sti the same model with upgraded spec or different models?...

(edited)

Do you consider Subaru TS, wrx and sti the same model with upgraded spec or different models?...

Well technically speaking they are the same car, just different variants of the same car. I'm comparing the specs of the D2 model. Not T4. So don't get me wrong here. (:

Cheers! [:)]

Edited by Nikos_tan

(edited)

I would like to thank SOHO. You have saved me. I had a bad experience dealing with Volvo SE.

I have been few times, reconfirm with them, is the White V40 D2, which I think we all test drove is the one which I will getting, and the answer was yes except the electric seat, screen is 7 inch and display is Black and white.

Until I read your post, I still thinking that I will be getting the digit speedo meter. Yet after signing the SA, then they revert the speedo is analog.I also was slam with them on one quote " Mr xxxxxx, I also haven't seen the actual car yet so the spec might be vary upon car handle over". With this quote, I straight away call off the deal.

Besides During the discussion Q&A session to understand more about the car, I looked very small where the SE keep quoting his/her past customer don't care about this and that. da dadadad...

Well. conclusion.. this is really good car at the price but unfortunately I think I do not have fate to own it.

Very sad.... [bigcry]

Edited by Dvdykc
  • Praise 1

I would like to thank SOHO. You have saved me. I had a bad experience dealing with Volvo SE.

I have been few times, reconfirm with them, is the White V40 D2, which I think we all test drove is the one which I will getting, and the answer was yes except the electric seat, screen is 7 inch and display is Black and white.

Until I read your post, I still thinking that I will be getting the digit speedo meter. Yet after signing the SA, then they revert the speedo is analog.I also was slam with them on one quote " Mr xxxxxx, I also haven't seen the actual car yet so the spec might be vary upon car handle over". With this quote, I straight away call off the deal.

Besides During the discussion Q&A session to understand more about the car, I looked very small where the SE keep quoting his/her past customer don't care about this and that. da dadadad...

Well. conclusion.. this is really good car at the price but unfortunately I think I do not have fate to own it.

Very sad.... [bigcry]

Wah bro.. how much did you book urs at? It is a really nice car... dun forfeit it because of a speedo(although the digital speedo is really damn nice)

If u book at 120k,i guess like what some bro say here, u pay what u get.. 120k is a good deal...

You forfieted how much deposit?

My booking was the 121k and manage to get full refund. I understand what you pay is what you get. But the quote the se mention is totally not acceptable. I do aware that I'm not a rich man. But even if rich also will not be so chin chai wa.

Missed the chance lo.. hope later from other car mfg. Have better option lo.

Besides the very first time I went to show room. I already mentioned to se that the sun roof and speedo is the decision making for the car. I only get reply was the sun roof was not there and others will be there.

Is it normal for trade in car you will be getting better deal then outside car dealer where ypu are not buying anything from them?

Turbocharged

Besides the very first time I went to show room. I already mentioned to se that the sun roof and speedo is the decision making for the car. I only get reply was the sun roof was not there and others will be there.

Is it normal for trade in car you will be getting better deal then outside car dealer where ypu are not buying anything from them?

I think trade in worst than sell outside... But also depends on car brand and which dealer link with which agent... You can ask a few car brand se to check for your trade in price know it can varies a lot...

↡ Advertisement