Does anyone here remember or heard of Boys Club?

Sozo

Dear all,

can anyone recall or heard of Police Boys Club during late 70s to early 80s, Boys Club was form as to keep boys away from street gangs, secret society & prevent them creating trouble, the club basically provide activities, games, outing like camping in PA, counseling, In-charge are police officers.

Kindly share your experiences or views.

Personally I do benefited from this project.

↡ Advertisement

I remember Toa Payoh has one, now replace by new block of flats ...

Sembawang Boy's club was the most active but in the end, also die of natural death ... ^_^

Last time, kids 'boh tug chey' (never study) and roam the streets to form 'street corner gangs' aka si-gi-na. More kids on the road especially during school holidays. So the clubs were formed to keep those kids out of trouble.

Another problem is whio going to fund those Boy's Clubs ?

Dear all,

can anyone recall or heard of Police Boys Club during late 70s to early 80s, Boys Club was form as to keep boys away from street gangs, secret society & prevent them creating trouble, the club basically provide activities, games, outing like camping in PA, counseling, In-charge are police officers.

Kindly share your experiences or views.

Personally I do benefited from this project.

I lived in bedok, there was a boys club near my school, got pool table, and video games, but hor, inside is all gangster one, u go in, all stare at u, in the end nobody else dare go in, only afternoon when got nobody, then we can go in.

Boy's club just sounds kind of wrong in today's environment, right? @porker? @porker?

I do agree with you, but the idea of Boys Club is good. Maybe they have a improve version from old one, beside Police officer they can employ some 'expert' (some people are just good in influencing and able communicate with the kids, they can be good role model like some teachers in schools beside father).

wah lan, I heard more of boys' home or boys' town leh...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

talking about boy's home, i tink there is one boy's home along Jln Jurong Kecil sibo? Is it still in operation?

I do agree with you, but the idea of Boys Club is good. Maybe they have a improve version from old one, beside Police officer they can employ some 'expert' (some people are just good in influencing and able communicate with the kids, they can be good role model like some teachers in schools beside father).

Communicate ? U mean @Porker 's way ?