Salute to this Motorcycle rider!

RadX

there is still a very big gap when the red car change lane... almost everyone does so w/o signal ... wats the big deal?

Hard to say. May be quite near cuz all these kind of cameras got narrow angle lens. What appears far is actually quite near.

Anyway I won't say it's wrong that he's trying to educate the driver, but I think he'll be damn bz [laugh]

If I'm a biker, I'll be happy just to ride and complete my journey safely.

↡ Advertisement

the lady driver should say "I didn't buy that option". [laugh]

Shoots man, did not know, until now, that the signal lever was optional was wondering why so many DHs' never bothered to signal. Wahahahahah.

yup! agree on all fronts. Signal indicators are there for a reason!

Some car buyers thought signal stalk is optional extra.

They more worried about car got gps or reverse sensor or not.

(edited)

there's a story about an old man, young son and a donkey.

When the old man let the young son ride on donkey, he kena...

When the old man ride on the donkey, his young son walk, he kena also....

When both walk with the donkey, he kena also (why "waste" and not fully utilise the donkey people asked)...

Edited by Kangadrool

Supersonic

Agree that driver should've signalled, but the gap was large enough not to be dangerous. So the biker was being petty. In fact, I would say he's being more dangerous and inconsiderate obstructing traffic by stopping alongside the car.

Not to wish anything ill on him, but it would've been hilariously poetic justice if he'd been rear-ended while lecturing the driver. [laugh]

Agree that driver should've signalled, but the gap was large enough not to be dangerous. So the biker was being petty. In fact, I would say he's being more dangerous and inconsiderate obstructing traffic by stopping alongside the car.

Not to wish anything ill on him, but it would've been hilariously poetic justice if he'd been rear-ended while lecturing the driver. [laugh]

haha...ya loh...vigilante kena pwned.

Supersonic

haha...ya loh...vigilante kena pwned.

What I've found is that early signalling has a positive psychological effect as well. When someone signals their intention before moving into one's lane, one feels that one is being accorded due respect, for want of a better word. It's like an acknowledgement of another car's presence, and "seeking permission" before making the move. I think this is a common feeling.

The converse is also true - people not signalling tends to make others unhappy, even if there's plenty of room to spare. It's like your road presence is being disregarded by the lane-changing driver. And, of course, if it's a close call, it can make drivers really angry, kena road rage, etc. etc.

I've more or less learned to let it go, just chalking it up to the general douchebaggery of Singaporeans. Besides, I see their point - the only thing that can make someone even more unhappy than a car failing to signal in front of them is a car that purposely speeds up to cut one off if one is actually kind enough to signal. That happens *very* frequently in Singapore, land of the douchebags. So I can see not-signalling as being the lesser of two evils.

The best is to get a fast car. Signal, then accelerate quickly, so that even a douchebag driver cannot cut you off. Then look into the rear view mirror and give the douchebag a really smug smile. [laugh]

• Praise 2

i wonder how we would have reacted if we were in that driver seat. [laugh]

so far, i can proudly say, i always signal....so i wun be guilty of being caught liddat

• Praise 1

i wonder how we would have reacted if we were in that driver seat. [laugh]

Probably like them ... wondering if that guy is a off-duty TP

Hypersonic

Won't even bother to wind down the window and will just wave him off.

Not like he's a TP.

Internal Moderator

there is still a very big gap when the red car change lane... almost everyone does so w/o signal ... wats the big deal?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I've more or less learned to let it go, just chalking it up to the general douchebaggery of Singaporeans. Besides, I see their point - the only thing that can make someone even more unhappy than a car failing to signal in front of them is a car that purposely speeds up to cut one off if one is actually kind enough to signal. That happens *very* frequently in Singapore, land of the douchebags. So I can see not-signalling as being the lesser of two evils.

cut one off still can tahan, if you are able to slow down and change lane behind the DH (as some one puts it) [laugh] who tries to cut you off.

the frustration comes when that DH plays the speed-match stunt with you that makes it frustrating.

go in-front of you, you buay song. now want to go behind you, you also buay song. buy the whole farking road lah, buay hiao? [furious]

The best is to get a fast car. Signal, then accelerate quickly, so that even a douchebag driver cannot cut you off. Then look into the rear view mirror and give the douchebag a really smug smile. [laugh]

This is so so true [laugh]

Damn I love my torque

Hypersonic

What I've found is that early signalling has a positive psychological effect as well. When someone signals their intention before moving into one's lane, one feels that one is being accorded due respect, for want of a better word. It's like an acknowledgement of another car's presence, and "seeking permission" before making the move. I think this is a common feeling.

The converse is also true - people not signalling tends to make others unhappy, even if there's plenty of room to spare. It's like your road presence is being disregarded by the lane-changing driver. And, of course, if it's a close call, it can make drivers really angry, kena road rage, etc. etc.

Every car on the street is over $100k. Douchebags aplenty. That's why many are big farks and they think "seeking permission" is unnecessary.

↡ Advertisement