Salute to this Motorcycle rider!

RadX

Internal Moderator

What I've found is that early signalling has a positive psychological effect as well. When someone signals their intention before moving into one's lane, one feels that one is being accorded due respect, for want of a better word. It's like an acknowledgement of another car's presence, and "seeking permission" before making the move. I think this is a common feeling.

The converse is also true - people not signalling tends to make others unhappy, even if there's plenty of room to spare. It's like your road presence is being disregarded by the lane-changing driver. And, of course, if it's a close call, it can make drivers really angry, kena road rage, etc. etc.

I've more or less learned to let it go, just chalking it up to the general douchebaggery of Singaporeans. Besides, I see their point - the only thing that can make someone even more unhappy than a car failing to signal in front of them is a car that purposely speeds up to cut one off if one is actually kind enough to signal. That happens *very* frequently in Singapore, land of the douchebags. So I can see not-signalling as being the lesser of two evils.

The best is to get a fast car. Signal, then accelerate quickly, so that even a douchebag driver cannot cut you off. Then look into the rear view mirror and give the douchebag a really smug smile. [laugh]

Agreed. What's wrong with signaling? Would it kill someone to just flick the signal light on? It is just basic road courtesy.

↡ Advertisement

Agreed. What's wrong with signaling? Would it kill someone to just flick the signal light on? It is just basic road courtesy.

Bcos they only have 2 hands.. 1 hand on the steering wheel and the other gesturing in conversation over their earpiece or holding the phone, so no more hand to signal :D

Supersonic

Bcos they only have 2 hands.. 1 hand on the steering wheel and the other gesturing in conversation over their earpiece or holding the phone, so no more hand to signal :D

Don't forget digging their nose. :D

Wait for the tiko bros to come in and talk about digging for abalone. [laugh]

Supercharged

Sometimes people just forget to signal, cos being distracted by a conversation (like in this case), or thinking or something....

Supersonic
(edited)

Sometimes people just forget to signal, cos being distracted by a conversation (like in this case), or thinking or something....

I've conversed with my passenger plenty of times, thought about interesting problems, etc., and never once forgotten to signal or check blindspot etc. because of it. Most of the time, I lose track of the conversation when I have to do something new on the road (change lane, turn, etc.) simply because I just tune out other stuff when I need to focus on driving. When driving, driving should be Priority 1. Anyone who has different priorities while driving should be taken off the road. Permanently.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Forgetting to signal is one thing, but there are MANY who don't give two hoots about signaling.

And who knows if the same bunch of people who forget to signal may also forget to stop for the red light.

Hypersonic

Because the moment you signal, the cars behind start to speed up <_< Over time people just don't bother signalling anymore.

Having said that, I'm the guai guai type. I always signal on the road. Whether cars speed up or not, I just want them to know that I'm changing lane so there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

I hate drivers who not only do not signal but think their skill very satki. Filtered and squeeze into my lane and think they are so skilful. Rubbish. I don't let them filter in, they will never have a chance. [:|]

Internal Moderator

I've conversed with my passenger plenty of times, thought about interesting problems, etc., and never once forgotten to signal or check blindspot etc. because of it. Most of the time, I lose track of the conversation when I have to do something new on the road (change lane, turn, etc.) simply because I just tune out other stuff when I need to focus on driving. When driving, driving should be Priority 1. Anyone who has different priorities while driving should be taken off the road. Permanently.

Exactly. I like you today. You are conveying all my thoughts out and saving me the typing time.. [laugh]

Supercharged

Because the moment you signal, the cars behind start to speed up <_< Over time people just don't bother signalling anymore.

Having said that, I'm the guai guai type. I always signal on the road. Whether cars speed up or not, I just want them to know that I'm changing lane so there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

I hate drivers who not only do not signal but think their skill very satki. Filtered and squeeze into my lane and think they are so skilful. Rubbish. I don't let them filter in, they will never have a chance. [:|]

precisely~!

Turbocharged

When driving, driving should be Priority 1.

Bulls h i t. That time you enjoyed yourself thoroughly while I gave you a nice one and you were the driver.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Bulls h i t. That time you enjoyed yourself thoroughly while I gave you a nice one and you were the driver.

But I still drove like a pro. While you blew like a pro...or should I say ho? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

EXCELLENT post bro! Glad we are on the same page. Regardles of what we do and our other priorities, once we are in the cockpit of the car, we shd remain focussed on that task at hand! Period!

Supercharged

Forgetting to signal is one thing, but there are MANY who don't give two hoots about signaling.

And who knows if the same bunch of people who forget to signal may also forget to stop for the red light.

lol same thoughts exactly on the red light thing..

Lol first self pwn of the week, nvm gave you 5 praise as consolation [laugh]

Turbocharged

Lol first self pwn of the week, nvm gave you 5 praise as consolation [laugh]

Private joke between me and him lah

PrivateS joke between me and him lah

corrected for u

Neutral Newbie

One day when the biker meet someone who doesnt like to be messed with he will realise it is not wise to provoke trouble.

Hypersonic

I think most women really don't know how to switch on light and signals. Ever tried to tell an auntie drive to turned on her light. She touch touch the dash board and ask me got light or not.. After a while , the light turned green, and she still haven't figure out how to turn on the head light.

This is habit lah, if you're the type who always signal, you'll signal regardless if you are distracted by your passenger. If you're the chow kwan to swtich lane without care, even without passenger to distract you, you still heck care and switch lane.

↡ Advertisement