Renting vs Buying a property!

RadX

Aiya, can just sleep in one of the morgue tray.... free aircon some more... Macam the Japan capsule hotel... [grin]

yah hor....i sleep among my clients...keke

take note sleep AMONG, not WITH

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

On a serious note, sell off the pte properties n buy a 3-rm HDB and go for gahmen's reverse mortgage. Be the onli retiree that has a 911 sitting in the subsidised MSCP while receiving pocket money from the flat and getting other taxpayer-funded subsidies. [thumbsup]

On a serious note, sell off the pte properties n buy a 3-rm HDB and go for gahmen's reverse mortgage. Be the onli retiree that has a 911 sitting in the subsidised MSCP while receiving pocket money from the flat and getting other taxpayer-funded subsidies. [thumbsup]

hahahaha.....steady hor!

And end up lotsa people red eye and "decorate" his car and also lau auntie try to make a pass on him...

yah hor....i sleep among my clients...keke

take note sleep AMONG, not WITH

You need to keep some heat pads handy to thaw the crucial parts.... [nod]

Supersonic

And end up lotsa people red eye and "decorate" his car and also lau auntie try to make a pass on him...

it's ok lah. once they see him, they siam faster than social media outcast running road to perth...... :D

+ Rent out extra room for passive income.

Go over Batam and rent a retirement home.

Get home sick?

Take ferry come back still got 3-room flat to sleep; woon woon jiak beehoon.

Supercharged

+ Rent out extra room for passive income.

Go over Batam and rent a retirement home.

Get home sick?

Take ferry come back still got 3-room flat to sleep; woon woon jiak beehoon.

Think over at Iskandar got retirement village coming up....easy to come back to jiak bee hoon....

Another option, but causeway traffic hen mafan de.

Batam take ferry, chop chop curry pok.

Think over at Iskandar got retirement village coming up....easy to come back to jiak bee hoon....

(edited)

move further up la ... 1-2 hours ride ... no need die die iskandar with its inflated spore price

at least 1 hour up from JB ... that's truly msia price

RM$1M up can buy a shoplot or a huge house

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged

Another option, but causeway traffic hen mafan de.

Batam take ferry, chop chop curry pok.

Ferry not always safe :X

Besides at retirement age the timing we come in and go out will be off-peak hours so traffic should not be a problem.

move further up la ... 1-2 hours ride ... no need die die iskandar with its inflated spore price

1 hour up from JB ... that's truly msia price

RM$1M up can buy a shoplot or a huge house

The retirement village is not just some house or shoplot. It is purpose built and has facilities (e.g. medical) to take care of elderly.

(edited)

understood ... that means the price is "targeted" sporean and won't be cheap

it's cheap compare to spore cost and after sgd conversion

but it's not cheap by its means

The retirement village is not just some house or shoplot. It is purpose built and has facilities (e.g. medical) to take care of elderly.

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

It dawned on me last night, that in the long term, as I grow older, it would make more sense to actually rent. Some of the reasons being that

1. Am single, so i have no need to put my assets in property. summore, nobody to pass on to

2. As I age, I free my properties for liquidity

3. I dun really need a home, but sth to sleep. I can sleep in a tent for alli care...hahaha, or get a MAser and sleep in it.

Not too sure how much cash (liquidity) you have on hand.

But if you have an asset, it will be appreciating till you want to cash out.

Since, you are single, maybe good to buy just a 3-rm flat. No need so big, but enough space for your own living, and also entertaining (to friends / relatives).

When you really aged until jia lat time, then sell off your asset, to gain some capital gain (or more cash), then reside yourself in old folks home and pay them to sustain your general well-being till you die (if you have no NOK).

At least, I feel, you won't be a burden to anyone, and can "go off" anytime. Extra cash, will be hand over to funeral parlor to just settle for a simple funeral proceedings, so you won't own anyone any money.

Just my humble opinions :)

• Praise 1

we don't need buy no need rent.

we can always sleep in MRT stations.

so many stations to choose fr.

and drive a 6 series. [grin]

(edited)

Got got, go to tampines street 11, around block 100 plus near the ntuc.

Got 1 porsche 911 with wings that you can hang cloths or his neighbour a s class merc that always park there 很有风头

Very hard to miss one, cos car got lots of stickers like sc global and something cos everytime walk pass can see. Damn神气kind

But dont be so close cos open air car park. Later the uncle owner install permanent camera from his house kitchen

Edited by frenchfly

Not too sure how much cash (liquidity) you have on hand.

But if you have an asset, it will be appreciating till you want to cash out.

Since, you are single, maybe good to buy just a 3-rm flat. No need so big, but enough space for your own living, and also entertaining (to friends / relatives).

When you really aged until jia lat time, then sell off your asset, to gain some capital gain (or more cash), then reside yourself in old folks home and pay them to sustain your general well-being till you die (if you have no NOK).

At least, I feel, you won't be a burden to anyone, and can "go off" anytime. Extra cash, will be hand over to funeral parlor to just settle for a simple funeral proceedings, so you won't own anyone any money.

Just my humble opinions :)

Valid inputs thanks.

While your views still reside on asset maximisation, which i dun deny is impt. I have reached a stage of my life where it is not.

Let me elaborate. Truth is that my lifespan is shorter than others, hard truth and I am cognizant of that fact. I dun foresee myself seeing 2025. Thus, I am giving myself these 10yrs, to consolidate, leave no liabilities and setup a trust fund and then i can go in peace. that is the plan going forward.

So in the short term ahead, not now at least, at the next onset of an up cycle, liquidate, start a tenure and clear all assets at it's potential max. Not counting CPF as any of my asets that is for eye candy only.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Valid inputs thanks.

While your views still reside on asset maximisation, which i dun deny is impt. I have reached a stage of my life where it is not.

Let me elaborate. Truth is that my lifespan is shorter than others, hard truth. I dun foresee myself seeing 2025. Thus, I am giving myself these 10yrs, to consolidate, leave no liabilities and setup a trust fund and then i can go in peace. that is the plan going forward.

So in the short term ahead, not now at least, at the next onset of an up cycle, liquidate, start a tenure and clear all assets at it's potential max. Not counting CPF as any of my asets that is for eye candy only.

Your trust fund got how much money? A few hundred million?

Your trust fund got how much money? A few hundred million?

i say trust fund and i know you looking for THRUST fund....go find poondeh [:p]

• Praise 1

ya lo...at most, camp at Sembawang [grin][grin]

Dun camp at Sembawang la.

Must have class, pitch at Botanic Gardens - District Tent [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement