Conti Car Worth buying ?

KenNeo

Ford really that good meh? I drove a Ford Taurus many years ago in United States and it was terrible (to me lah).

I used to own a ford focus before and it is the only car that allows me to do a turn without stepping on the brakes.

↡ Advertisement

Ford really that good meh? I drove a Ford Taurus many years ago in United States and it was terrible (to me lah).

Talking about bnb car lah ...not exactly in your league :D

Anyway American ford n Conti ford are not the same.

American market is about soft and floaty suspension, that's why Camry is no. 1 seller there.

European market is about compact, good handler. That's why you have Toyota building Auris in UK for EU market that is close to VW Golf standards, but with usual Toyota's reliability intact.

Talking about bnb car lah ...not exactly in your league :D

Anyway American ford n Conti ford are not the same.

• Praise 1

Contis do break down with high mileage and age, but so do jap cars. It is just how much it cost to repair when it breaks that make it more painful or less painful. Just FYI, there are many e90 bmw 3 series with >300,000km running around in overseas.

You compare a altis or sunny to a bmw/merc, of course the repair bill will be cheaper for jap. When you compare the same category of car, the difference may be a lot lesser than you think.

E.g. A $300 oil change at pml will also cost $300 at borneo...actually borneo charged more.

Replace 1x oxygen sensor= $500+ at borneo...

Reprogram ecu due to fault=$300 at borneo...

And actually pml charges less for labour than borneo...

So really, at the same level, both cost about the same to fix. Best is just go to outside workshop and fix.

To me, it is simple ....

Drive a BMW, Merc and any Jap car along the bend from KJE towards BKE .... and one would be able to felt the difference between the different make.

And of course .... drive liao feel more song....

i drive an s2k and one a160 how come the jap i feel more song? Or i lousy driver? Or u generalizing?

Turbocharged

Maybe MC, but the others doesn't comes close. Fiat! lol

eh? talking about handling right, not reliability?

fiat, skoda handling in manual is super. i would say on par with focus.

if not for the harvest auto mess i would not think twice getting a superb. most value for money conti (value for money hor, like those ntu mba > harvard lol)

eh? talking about handling right, not reliability?

fiat, skoda handling in manual is super. i would say on par with focus.

if not for the harvest auto mess i would not think twice getting a superb. most value for money conti (value for money hor, like those ntu mba > harvard lol)

Handling as in the stability of the car at high speed around sharp bends, curvy roads, and giving good feel/feedback to the driver.

Nothing to do with manual or auto transmission.

Turbocharged

Handling as in the stability of the car at high speed around sharp bends, curvy roads, and giving good feel/feedback to the driver.

Wrong... Manual or auto does make a difference on bends at high speed..

(edited)

Wrong... Manual or auto does make a difference on bends at high speed..

Context here is car (make) vs car on handling, not manual vs auto transmission..

Edited by Tarenn

Turbocharged

i drive an s2k and one a160 how come the jap i feel more song? Or i lousy driver? Or u generalizing?

Since he mentioned BMW, Merc, Jap car, why not put Z4, SLK, S2000 thru the same bend and see how? I think S2k wont sia xuay Jap car ba...... [grin] [grin]

Turbocharged

Which was why I compared manual fiat and skoda to focus on auto.

Having owned all 3, I disagree with views that both lag behind the focus in handling.

At least so far after 1.5 yrs, I have not regret getting a used 2006 S60

Servicing cost is on par but need more engine oil

Parts- i know certain parts are a bit costly but general wear and tear is comparable to japs

Some parts are more ex because they come in 1 whole set rather then that certain part that u need which is included un the set

Which was why I compared manual fiat and skoda to focus on auto.

Having owned all 3, I disagree with views that both lag behind the focus in handling.

Yes, we can have different views without going to war [laugh]

Fair comparison though should be apple vs apple, and also red apple vs red not green apple.

Manual drive handles better than auto in the hands of a skilled driver, but that's off-tracked from the discussion.

I've own pre-punto/bravo Fiats, and my former Octavia's handling (over-steering around bends) does not compare well with the Focus.

The Superd should be compare with the Ford Mondeo class which handles better than the Focus.

Likewise I cannot use the manual Focus ST for such general comparisons.

Anyway, these are just my personal views and am not here to champion Ford. (I've no shares in Ford nor Regent Motor) :D

very good advice, i dun think ts is saying BMW not good, just that if u planning to drive 1 for 10 years, or getting a 5 years BMW, u must be prepared to spend on maintiance,

dun just buy the car base on monthly installation and insurace carpark, but leave out repair cost.

Yeah lor..'just a gentle reminder to work out your costing...

No need to get so work up....

Since he mentioned BMW, Merc, Jap car, why not put Z4, SLK, S2000 thru the same bend and see how? I think S2k wont sia xuay Jap car ba...... [grin] [grin]

mayb he think slk supercharger will tia the vtec!

Turbocharged

Yes, we can have different views without going to war [laugh]

Fair comparison though should be apple vs apple, and also red apple vs red not green apple.

Manual drive handles better than auto in the hands of a skilled driver, but that's off-tracked from the discussion.

I've own pre-punto/bravo Fiats, and my former Octavia's handling (over-steering around bends) does not compare well with the Focus.

The Superd should be compare with the Ford Mondeo class which handles better than the Focus.

Likewise I cannot use the manual Focus ST for such general comparisons.

Anyway, these are just my personal views and am not here to champion Ford. (I've no shares in Ford nor Regent Motor) :D

Also depend on generation of cars lor. Like the bnb focus (non ST/RS), the mk1 handles better than the mk2 imo, and I really feel the fiat grande punto lagging way behind the mk1 focus. So those who like focus, dunno which gen they like.

↡ Advertisement