Power Windows Not Working

Anjoy

First thing I would do is to check the fuse. If that is blown then DIY repair is about $1.50-$2. Otherwise need to head down to workshop. Rule of thumb is to check the fuse first when an electrical gadget is not working. WS will change it for $2 and charge you $30.

Pays to know your car. That's what these forums are for. Cheers everyone.

↡ Advertisement

[thumbsup]  thanks.

First thing I would do is to check the fuse. If that is blown then DIY repair is about $1.50-$2. Otherwise need to head down to workshop. Rule of thumb is to check the fuse first when an electrical gadget is not working. WS will change it for $2 and charge you $30.

Pays to know your car. That's what these forums are for. Cheers everyone.

recently driver side central lock a bit weak. use once a while during drive ok, but use 2-3x concurrently saw it like half locked or unlocked position. Any advice appreciated.

Power window failure may be because of below mentioned reasons:

- problem with the regulator.

- problem of motor.

- problem of power window switch,

- It may be electrical break in the door wire harness.

As you have already changed the power window switch. Now you must  visit car service center.

Neutral Newbie

Mine is a miata so the windows (2 doors only so 2 windows) will normally drop a little as I retract the roof but as one side of the window isn't working down, so I dare not retract the roof. 

My question is now the driver side is fine but the passenger side, not. Cannot move up/down, at all. So can I still try your method? The problem is that I tried moving the window. It moved down a little (maybe 3cm) then stopped. Can't move up/down anymore. So I do not want to risk having to park the car with a window half down. 

I went to several miata workshops and they cannot find the root for the cause and it's been very frustrating.

Your adivce please.

Hmm. Miata workshops? Are there any? I was serching high and low. Any recommendations?

Thx

Twincharged

sorry for reviving such an old thread ...

but I had a problem with my power window when I got a used car from a second hand car dealer (now close shop and last heard reopen under another name)

I did not check the windows when I got the car coz I though will be using a/c all the time ... but one day, as I was washing the car, I found that I could not wind down the rear left window. So I decided to open it up to take a look ...and no one will even ever guess what I found ...

inside the door, there was no mechanical parts !! all that was inside was a wooden pole (cut to size) holding the glass window firmly up !!

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Got photo ?  This is really the new low in Used Car deal lor ...

but I had a problem with my power window when I got a used car from a second hand car dealer (now close shop and last heard reopen under another name)

I did not check the windows when I got the car coz I though will be using a/c all the time ... but one day, as I was washing the car, I found that I could not wind down the rear left window. So I decided to open it up to take a look ...and no one will even ever guess what I found ...

inside the door, there was no mechanical parts !! all that was inside was a wooden pole (cut to size) holding the glass window firmly up !!

to prevent the window from dropping.. cheaper than changing new...... i did the same for my wife rear window too because left 1 year, hardly wind down rear window and the soundproofing make it a bitch to remove and repair lol

the dealer maybe also dunno...

Edited by Galantspeedz

haha, thats really speechless but I'm not surprised ! Heard of car owners doing that, esp when COE ending soon. But hor, dealer might not realise too, how many of us check EVERYTHING when getting a used car. 

Just a wild guess. is your car under the VAG group ? 

Why not ?  Just open the plastic casing can see the motor loh ....

Is it possible to replace the power window motor if there is soundproofing done?

↡ Advertisement