Peter Lim has made Sporean proud ...

Wt_know

(edited)

perhaps, his next move is to buy a F1 or at least a GP2 team since he is building a racetrack in JB [sly][thumbsup]

Peter Lim completes Valencia buy-out

Valencia have confirmed Singapore tycoon Peter Lim is the club's new owner after he completed the purchase of a 70.4 per cent majority stake in the club.

The debt-ridden La Liga side were the subject of several other offers from international consortiums but patrons of the Valencia Foundation, who owned the portion of the club bought by Lim, voted in favour of his proposal.

The president of the foundation, Aurelio Martinez, has revealed that €60 million will be immediately be made available for the purchase of new players, while Lim has invested €100 million into the club for his shares.

He has also pledged his commitment to completing the building of Valencia's new stadium, Nou Mestalla, by 2019, when los Che will turn 100-years-old.

However, Lim's first pressing task will be to negotiate the repayment of the club's debt with Spanish banking conglomerate Bankia before the May 27 deadline.

Valencia's current level of debt is reported to stand at €275 million, which has forced the high-profile sales of Juan Mata, David Silva and Roberto Soldado in recent years.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

hahaha ... also good la ... all star friendly game ma ... as long as not 10-0, can liao

Valencia first team probably bobian but to play a Singapore selection evey off-season from now on [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Can send our kids to valencia for training?

Can send our S-league players there for training?

Or can we do exchange programme, swop their players for ours ?! :D

Frankly speaking, I don't feel proud leh... whats there to proud at?

He owns the club, not me, not normal singaporeans.

Will the future earnings from Valencia help our local citizens?

Don't think so, as profits will go into his pocket, and not mine.

Anyway, he is a astute businessman, and in business world, its profits that matter to him.

Would rather he uses $720million to help our local soccer, improve our football, and target for WC in 2022.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Hmm, hats-off to Wikipedia . . . . . . . amazingly fast, the achievement already updated!

Football[edit]

Lim owns a series of Manchester United F.C. themed bars and clubs in Asia, which led to him bidding to take ownership of Liverpool F.C. in 2010, to expand the brand in Asia.[9][10] He has also been associated with bids to Rangers F.C. in Glasgow, Scotland, Middlesbrough F.C in England, Valencia CF in Spain and A.C. Milan in Italy. In May 2014, Lim took over ownership of Valencia CF after buying 70.4% of the shares owned by the club's foundation.[11][12]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

sekali he bring NTUC over to run the foodcourt and super market... ha ha

Maybe :D

I am just thinking that with this investment, 1/3 of his wealth is gone, would he still be in the A-list of billionaire in Singapore? Investment in soccer club would not be able to see the result so fast, and building a stadium takes time... Hmm, maybe he will sell some of his business here.

Maybe time to buy some of his controlled own stocks :))

Maybe :D

I am just thinking that with this investment, 1/3 of his wealth is gone, would he still be in the A-list of billionaire in Singapore? Investment in soccer club would not be able to see the result so fast, and building a stadium takes time... Hmm, maybe he will sell some of his business here.

Maybe time to buy some of his controlled own stocks :))

i suppose it depends on the value placed on the club, if its negative equity, then his net worth will dip. but don't think he will be particularly concerned since he is willing to take such a big gamble.

his wealth eat use for 3 generations and cannot finish.

ppl like him just looking for new toy or hobby.

too much money no where to spend.

sometimes i wonder why these ppl don't look inwards... singapore also alot of ppl that needs help

100m can help so many poor folks in sg....

can run s league for so many years

can help refurnish so many old folks home....

sometimes dunno wtf these rich ppl are thinking

• Praise 5

as a investor, the main objective is money make money

pouring money into s-league is one way traffic leh

invest in valencia is a business decision (including the risk)

invest in s-league is national service ... do not expect returns ... hehe

his wealth eat use for 3 generations and cannot finish.

ppl like him just looking for new toy or hobby.

too much money no where to spend.

sometimes i wonder why these ppl don't look inwards... singapore also alot of ppl that needs help

100m can help so many poor folks in sg....

can run s league for so many years

can help refurnish so many old folks home....

sometimes dunno wtf these rich ppl are thinking

• Praise 4

Am I the only one here who feels that Peter Lim's wealth is not big enough to buy and rejuvenate soccer club?

In the successful soccer club owners league, we are talking about people who have hundreds of billions like Abramovich and that Sheik who is worth one trillion.

Peter Lim barely has one billion.

Think he will follow people like Tiny Fernandes and bring Valencia down to 2nd or 3rd division.

I don't understand.

There are many billionaires in this world.

Peter Lim might just be one of the "poorest"

Having seen and heard his investments, I don't think they made much sense. E.g. McLaren, motor circuit in jb. Thomson medical. Etc.

Is he just trying to park his funds elsewhere for some special reason? Hmmm

Turbocharged

perhaps, his next move is to buy a F1 or at least a GP2 team since he is building a racetrack in JB [sly][thumbsup]

Peter Lim completes Valencia buy-out

maybe he needs to off load McLaren's shares first before buying a F1 or GP2 team. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement