Manchester United 2014/15 - Start of A New Era

Vid

Chris Smalling is a joke, he should be getting a earful from LVG for picking up the first yellow card. I also think Blind didn't seem to sit well in central midfield compare to fellaini play slightly better. Hope to see him score with that alfro head of his soon.

Blind is playing the DM role. Defensively he needs to provide more protection/physicality to side.

He is never Gerrard-type who can spray those long passes and the attackers needs to be in a better position for him to find them. He is currently occupying Carrick's position and i wonder will Carrick get a shot to get his position back.

2 games in the wing for ADM. Nothing impressive and his best performances so far has came in diamond formation. He needs to be more central to be more involve in the game.

4-1-4-1 seems to be Utd formation for big games. Lets see if 4-1-2-1-2 will be back for Palace game.

↡ Advertisement

Adnan is Macheda in the making... Trying too hard to impress...

Spot on. He is still inexperience and his body strength is terrible. He need to beef up a bit and learn when to pass and not pass when he is abt to hit the wall.

He needs to learn how to make the 'Valencia' type of runs so that Wazza can make those 'Scholes' cross field passes.

He was just standing there waiting and everytime Gael will just intercept effortlessly.

If we go by the notion of getting back to championship league, and others mickey mouse cup, might as well change the entire team of Reds. Hahaha !

Everyone wants to beat United, a draw is not good enough, so it's do or die mission, look at L'pool, w/o LS thy are a lost cause, SG cant do much.

Imagine no RVP and WR, we re nothing like before. The bone of contention in every team is defenders, we need a world class, even Adnan J can play a part and those loanee can come back ( if thy stay United ) or off thy go,

VG needs to get enough ' dough ' to get his choice of players, not depending on rumours / speculation. Next match is against C.Palace, such a team is chicken feet to SAF, we shall see . . . dutch man tinkering while defensive covers has gone tatters.

We need top class defenders, otherwise even with top notch attack we will still surely drop points here and there. Right now, none of our defenders is able to fully replace vidic and ferdinand, although hopefully one or two of them eventually progress to become top defenders. But as long as this continues, we will leak goals, unless LVG manages to bring in proper reinforcements in January.

• Praise 1

If we go by the notion of getting back to championship league, and others mickey mouse cup, might as well change the entire team of Reds. Hahaha !

Everyone wants to beat United, a draw is not good enough, so it's do or die mission, look at L'pool, w/o LS thy are a lost cause, SG cant do much.

Imagine no RVP and WR, we re nothing like before. The bone of contention in every team is defenders, we need a world class, even Adnan J can play a part and those loanee can come back ( if thy stay United ) or off thy go,

VG needs to get enough ' dough ' to get his choice of players, not depending on rumours / speculation. Next match is against C.Palace, such a team is chicken feet to SAF, we shall see . . . dutch man tinkering while defensive covers has gone tatters.

I don't think I want them in the championship. Champion's League yes, Championship, oh hell please no.

The keyword is Stability.

The back 4 has been shuffled around too many times.Shaw and Rojo is new to the team and they need the consistency to build up the rapport and communication with the rest.

Injuries and suspensions are hampering all the progress.

Jones - will still have place in the squad due to his versatility.

Evans - have proved in the past he is a good defender but he needs a leader as he is not the leader type. Either he needs to step up or a commanding CB must be sign.

Smalling - Can play RB and CB. Excel in none of these roles. Should be offloaded.

Rafael - Offer attacking options compare to other RBs. Needs to mature and read the games better.

Valencia - Nuff said about him. 1 trick master and not a RB by nature. Should be offloaded.

Rojo - Still to early to judge and new to the team.

Shaw - Performance improving as each games goes by.

McNair - Steady performances so far. A future prospect.

Blackett - performed better than most other CB during the games he played. A future prospect.

From the above list, how many are available to play in the next game? That is the issue we have.

Hope we sign a CB in January. 6 months to bed in. Next season we go again...

GGMU!

He needs to learn how to make the 'Valencia' type of runs so that Wazza can make those 'Scholes' cross field passes.

He was just standing there waiting and everytime Gael will just intercept effortlessly.

A Valencia run has came to a full stop, its ' telling ' and opposition can mind-map his intention, Valencia is good only before his injury, after that he has stop his marauding way.

A Januzaj is not playing his usual position, so one can see his frustration overcome by zealous players chopping him whenever he gets the ball, given time, he will learn to master and so shall he.

Your assessment is not bad, haven't i not blinked , i would have thought it was a reserve team vs senior in Carrington.

I would have sold some senior players in day 2, let alone let them hang their balls are Old Trafford.

I looked at Luke in last 15 mins of play with City, he was troubled with some niggling injuries, and he could't be bothered to touch the ball pass'd to him, seems wanted some time to rest, not getting on and no fighting survival to carry on.

Jones still venerable to man marking skilful attackers, not fast enough to close down in middle, poor tacks resulted in injury, brave and go in for high balls and crosses, need to time his jump and endless head injuries.

Rafael is a strong lad with tireless run up/ down the right flanks, only weakness are his heights & marking , sometimes over exudes and lost control go his opponent , tends to be aggressive, I do like him, need to buck up or lose faith with VG.

Well, Smalling is a nice lad with quiet demeanour, however his latest streak could be his downfall, he's fearless and can count on in big match,however given the intensity Smalling must learn to be a hardman of steel and Solid CB if he want to play for club or country, has a knack of strong reading of game but lacks composure at times. Total shift of CB can't be his fault either. I mean look at past CB duo- Vidic and Rio , these two has been playing for ages, ( Ebony and Ivory ) that form the backbone of United Glory days.

The rest, ' could be better '

The keyword is Stability.

The back 4 has been shuffled around too many times.Shaw and Rojo is new to the team and they need the consistency to build up the rapport and communication with the rest.

Injuries and suspensions are hampering all the progress.

Jones - will still have place in the squad due to his versatility.

Evans - have proved in the past he is a good defender but he needs a leader as he is not the leader type. Either he needs to step up or a commanding CB must be sign.

Smalling - Can play RB and CB. Excel in none of these roles. Should be offloaded.

Rafael - Offer attacking options compare to other RBs. Needs to mature and read the games better.

Valencia - Nuff said about him. 1 trick master and not a RB by nature. Should be offloaded.

Rojo - Still to early to judge and new to the team.

Shaw - Performance improving as each games goes by.

McNair - Steady performances so far. A future prospect.

Blackett - performed better than most other CB during the games he played. A future prospect.

From the above list, how many are available to play in the next game? That is the issue we have.

Hope we sign a CB in January. 6 months to bed in. Next season we go again...

GGMU!

best part was all those Devils loanee are enjoying life in respective clubs , do not want to come back to United after loan spell, meaning, thy do not see their career in long term Devils plan or LVG splitting old wood ??

Cleverly want a permanent move to Aston Villa

Anderson happily injured with Florentina

Nani is scoring goals with Sporting Lisbon

Javier Hernandez is enjoying playing with Real Madrid

Tomasz Kuszczak is now with Wolverhampton Wanderer in between the stick.

I drag to see the dissection of Red Devils into parts here and there, i mean thy were part of SAF hierarchy & successes. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

Devils win over Palace was another bored, Fellaini was excellent in first half, bt faded out in second half,

Wad has ( really ) happened to the Red Devils, can't be explained further, from wad I had gathered watching them seasoned in seasoned out was the fact that D Moyes has done a lot better considering he bought in Mata & Fellani during his tenure, the fact remains a mystery that rooney should have out some if the shot he has had, he ballooned them all, desire all efforts by robin VPersie was another disaster, he is another starship abut to be shipped out in January.

I had said many times over that J Mata was a lot better than Fat Cow, he who take the shot, score the goal, he hit the second shot but nt the bar, Palace keeper day were saves but his arse were lucky for Januzaj and Fellani's header were clear off the line.

Devils strikers were not lethal and quality plays totally eclipsed from VG's men, How on earth thy managed to get a goal advantages? it should be more. . .

Look at Shaw and Daley, mistakes were made pushing upfront but covering were rare and Daley make 2 noticeably mistakes, Wad were he thinking?\\ Lucky Devils [smash]

Devils win over Palace was another bored, Fellaini was excellent in first half, bt faded out in second half,

Wad has ( really ) happened to the Red Devils, can't be explained further, from wad I had gathered watching them seasoned in seasoned out was the fact that D Moyes has done a lot better considering he bought in Mata & Fellani during his tenure, the fact remains a mystery that rooney should have out some if the shot he has had, he ballooned them all, desire all efforts by robin VPersie was another disaster, he is another starship abut to be shipped out in January.

I had said many times over that J Mata was a lot better than Fat Cow, he who take the shot, score the goal, he hit the second shot but nt the bar, Palace keeper day were saves but his arse were lucky for Januzaj and Fellani's header were clear off the line.

Devils strikers were not lethal and quality plays totally eclipsed from VG's men, How on earth thy managed to get a goal advantages? it should be more. . .

Look at Shaw and Daley, mistakes were made pushing upfront but covering were rare and Daley make 2 noticeably mistakes, Wad were he thinking?\\ Lucky Devils [smash]

It is precious 3 points for Man Utd team nonetheless.

However, the play was far from convincing especially with another EPL team which is not a top 4 competitor or contender AND we are on home ground.

• Praise 1

Next game is against Hull ( Steve Bruce team who lost last week ), current devils game can guess who is playing or who is on benches, Im not really impresses with VG tactic, to be honest, he should have taken RVP out instead of holding on an Januz was indeed trying to beat defenders on flanks, his size say it all, Janz need to beef up more, Well Robin needs to be rested in matches, he don't seems to recover after WC/14.

On the flip sides, it will do lot of good to Robin to gain his momentum and scoring instinct once he is back to his old self again.

Perhaps a few warm-up in reserves would be good to assess his missing link.

Next game is against Hull ( Steve Bruce team who lost last week ), current devils game can guess who is playing or who is on benches, Im not really impresses with VG tactic, to be honest, he should have taken RVP out instead of holding on an Januz was indeed trying to beat defenders on flanks, his size say it all, Janz need to beef up more, Well Robin needs to be rested in matches, he don't seems to recover after WC/14.

On the flip sides, it will do lot of good to Robin to gain his momentum and scoring instinct once he is back to his old self again.

Perhaps a few warm-up in reserves would be good to assess his missing link.

Thought next game is against Arsenal?

Anyway, the last game with Crystal Palace was a very disjointed display. To me, the players do not seem to look confident and comfortable to go foward. Maybe now they are more concern about leaking in soft goals.

Thought next game is against Arsenal?

Anyway, the last game with Crystal Palace was a very disjointed display. To me, the players do not seem to look confident and comfortable to go foward. Maybe now they are more concern about leaking in soft goals.

In my opinion, the team needs some form of mental boost on their confidence in order to go forward.

Then it has to be balanced with another form of treatment equivalent to SAF's "hair dryer" treatment of the past to instil the fear in the players to perform or play.

↡ Advertisement