Manchester United 2014/15 - Start of A New Era

Vid

Wah say Bro Civic2000, You sure can dig up old history and I do like history and literature . . . bet we are in same boat.

Hmm, let me see where am i in 85/86 era ? ( Oh Working hard to make my first million dollars ) & i do remb how weak City were.

Thy wasn't near the sky can reach . . . TT bad huh !

But now City has Arab King who buy riches- A overnight sensation, perhaps not. With due respect, let's see how short thy last.

The bubble will burst once the contract players are up or the King change plan to buy a New Club in Baseball / ice hockey.

In 1985/86 Football League Div I, Manchester United won their first 10 games of the league season, plus a League Cup tie away to Crystal Palace, to make it 11 wins in a row

August 1985

17th Man Utd 4 - A Villa 0

20st Ipswich Town 0 - Man Utd 1

24th Arsenal 1 - Man Utd 2

26th Man Utd 2 - West Ham 0

31st Nottingham Forest 1 - Man Utd 3

Sep 1985

4th Man Utd 3 - Newcastle 0

7th Man Utd 3 - Oxford 0

14th M City 0 - Man Utd 3

21st WBA 1 - Man Utd 5

28th Man Utd 1 Soton 0

We have won the last 6 games, and It would be wonderful if we can we repeat this winning streak again by wining our next 5 games to make it another 11 winning in a row.

↡ Advertisement

On the off-side goal by Juan Mata, let’s hears from

Graham Poll

"Mata was not offside when the initial cross was sent in by Ashley Young towards Robin van Persie but he was when the Dutchman headed the ball.

At full speed it was impossible to be 100 per cent certain that Van Persie had touched the ball.

The assistant referee was Mike Mullarkey, who has experience of officiating in a World Cup final. He didn’t flag and I could see exactly why he didn’t!

But given the weekend of poor decisions, this was a minor and understandable incident. It was only clear when Van Persie himself admitted heading the ball in a post-match interview.

On the off-side goal by Juan Mata, let’s hears from

Graham Poll

"Mata was not offside when the initial cross was sent in by Ashley Young towards Robin van Persie but he was when the Dutchman headed the ball.

At full speed it was impossible to be 100 per cent certain that Van Persie had touched the ball.

The assistant referee was Mike Mullarkey, who has experience of officiating in a World Cup final. He didn’t flag and I could see exactly why he didn’t!

But given the weekend of poor decisions, this was a minor and understandable incident. It was only clear when Van Persie himself admitted heading the ball in a post-match interview.

It was quite impossible to see the slight touch from RVP. It's just one of those things that went our way. Nothing new ^_^

any bros know the situation of DiMaria? when is he scheduled to be back?

Sharing a piece of good news on AdM's injury status....

Manchester United star Angel Di Maria fit for Aston Villa game with Marcos Rojo in contention

Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria is ready to return against Aston Villa on Saturday 20 December, according to reports in Argentina.

The Premier League's record signing suffered a hamstring problem in the first half of United's 3-0 win over Hull City on 29 November, ruling him out of wins against Stoke City, Southampton and Liverpool.

But El Intransigente report that Di Maria has now fully recovered from a "small tear" and will be in contention to start at Villa Park.

The report also adds that his international teammate Marcos Rojo is also in also in line to make his return. The Argentine had recently returned to the first team to partner Chris Smalling at the heart of defence in wins against Hull and Stoke having recovered from a dislocated shoulder suffered in November's Manchester derby.

But Rojo suffered a knock the day before last weekend's win over Liverpool at Old Trafford and underwent a fitness test on Thursday 18 December to assess his fitness.

The report adds that Rojo, 24, may be in contention to start at left-back, where Ashley Young has filled in in recent weeks with Luke Shaw ruled out with an ankle problem.

United's persistent injury problems look to be clearing up as the season edges ever closer to the frantic festive period. Phil Jones, who had been ruled out since October with shin splints, made his return against Liverpool and is expected to retain his place after helping his side record a clean sheet against Brendan Rodgers' side.

Jonny Evans has also returned following an ankle problem suffered in September, while Rafael da Silva is back in first-team training.

Shaw, Daley Blind and Smalling, who suffered a groin problem in the 2-1 win over Southampton, remain sidelined.

Victory over struggling Villa will be United's seventh straight win in the Premier League.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-star-angel-di-maria-fit-aston-villa-game-marcos-rojo-contention-1480177

I believe we have a good chance of security another victory to make it 7 winnings in a row. Villa Park has been United's second home for two decades and a first Premier League defeat on Trinity Road was 19 years ago.

And the good news for us is Paul Lambert has just 13 senior outfield players available for Saturday’s clash with Man Utd because of the suspensions and injuries. He is turning to the youth team to help fill the gaps in his depleted squad.

My prediction: Villa 0 – Man Utd 4.

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 2

Dear Devils Fan,

Not here to rouse any turkey's feather during Christmas cheers, somehow feels WRooney is better off as Asst. Cpt or merely in attacking mode.

My reasons :

1/ As Captain, his role in attack is marginalised as he need to constantly stay behind and help out defensively work ( current defensive lines are in jeopardy.

2/ WR is unlike Cpt Marvel ( Bryan Robson ) or Hard Man ( Roy Keane ) nor the no-nonsense ( Steve Bruce ), of the 5 to 6 ex-Red Devils Cpt, who has quality leaderships, great communication and excellent ball control skills.

3/ Man Utd should be looking for a Cpt who not only can defend, attack and shout instructions on Manager's instruction or simply put, read the game and mind like SAR form stand to field of play.

4/ A role model who can lead by example ( on & off the field ), no hold bar type & can always rely upon good and bad times.

5/ Wayne is paid millions wages week-in week-out, if you do your sum, would you out your best man in best position to score goals or merely a supporting attacker/s behind some1 younger who cant shoot left or right.

Nothing against Rooney here except i personally feels he can contribute more, his responsibility is higher than and the reign he get as England Captain may be too much on a strain on his captaincy .

I do lIke Cpt Marvel and Hard man Roy, however between the two, Roy stands out ( for me ) as he can stick his heart out for his man if opposition comes bull-dozing thru, however Roy does carry lots of old baggages and not so forgiving man, his fiery streak puts him as a man of no returns, but I do like Man Utd Cpt to be in the same era of BR, RK and SB or Paul Ince 's calibre.

What makes a Captain tick? Who can be a better passer of d ball plus a host of great entertainer ...

Wad do my Devils supporter reckon?

I am quite sure it is offside. Replays show a slight touch by RvP

i see replay so many times but cant see much also...for linesman even worse lo....probably giving manu the benefit of doubt since its at old traford

anyway to me, it has to be rooney for now because none of them knows old trafford in and out like he does. most imptly, we as outsiders will never know what is happening behind the scenes isnt it? lvg for sure has his reasons to pput him as captain...

Dear Devils Fan,

Not here to rouse any turkey's feather during Christmas cheers, somehow feels WRooney is better off as Asst. Cpt or merely in attacking mode.

My reasons :

1/ As Captain, his role in attack is marginalised as he need to constantly stay behind and help out defensively work ( current defensive lines are in jeopardy.

2/ WR is unlike Cpt Marvel ( Bryan Robson ) or Hard Man ( Roy Keane ) nor the no-nonsense ( Steve Bruce ), of the 5 to 6 ex-Red Devils Cpt, who has quality leaderships, great communication and excellent ball control skills.

3/ Man Utd should be looking for a Cpt who not only can defend, attack and shout instructions on Manager's instruction or simply put, read the game and mind like SAR form stand to field of play.

4/ A role model who can lead by example ( on & off the field ), no hold bar type & can always rely upon good and bad times.

5/ Wayne is paid millions wages week-in week-out, if you do your sum, would you out your best man in best position to score goals or merely a supporting attacker/s behind some1 younger who cant shoot left or right.

Nothing against Rooney here except i personally feels he can contribute more, his responsibility is higher than and the reign he get as England Captain may be too much on a strain on his captaincy .

I do lIke Cpt Marvel and Hard man Roy, however between the two, Roy stands out ( for me ) as he can stick his heart out for his man if opposition comes bull-dozing thru, however Roy does carry lots of old baggages and not so forgiving man, his fiery streak puts him as a man of no returns, but I do like Man Utd Cpt to be in the same era of BR, RK and SB or Paul Ince 's calibre.

What makes a Captain tick? Who can be a better passer of d ball plus a host of great entertainer ...

i dont think rooney can still do that pure attacking role anymore tbh... his pace has noticeably dropped..

but.. i do think that he and not mata shld play in the hole behind falcao and rvp.

and yes.. agreed.. he is a tad wasted in midfield... coz his best asset of being able to hit long accurate cross field balls is negated when our wingbacks have to spend time tracking back to defend.

• Praise 1

Rooney is currently playing the position where SAF wants him to play previously which WR himself dun like. and tbh, i think this position fit the Team nicely.

Dear Devils Fan,

My reasons :

SAR si diang?

Rooney is currently playing the position where SAF wants him to play previously which WR himself dun like. and tbh, i think this position fit the Team nicely.

I thought he is more effective or dangerous (depending on whether you are for or against Man United) in this position.

I would concur to a certain extent that he should be relieved of his captaincy duties at some point so that he can concentrate on his positional role.

Let someone else be the captain.

I thought he is more effective or dangerous (depending on whether you are for or against Man United) in this position.

I would concur to a certain extent that he should be relieved of his captaincy duties at some point so that he can concentrate on his positional role.

Let someone else be the captain.

Looking at the squad, the best bet would be RVP... but that said, I think LVG has his reason for choosing him..

Looking at the squad, the best bet would be RVP... but that said, I think LVG has his reason for choosing him..

In terms of seniority in the club, RVP is very much a novice.