Manchester United 2014/15 - Start of A New Era

Vid

we need to buy a solid defender come Jan window, otherwise 3rd place is the best we could achieve.

I would say that it is amazing that we are in the 3rd place with this kind of play and defence.

We need not one but a couple of solid defenders across the field.

↡ Advertisement

I would say that it is amazing that we are in the 3rd place with this kind of play and defence.

We owed David De Gea for the 3rd position we are in now. If not for him, we are now probably lying in the mid table.

• Praise 1

We owed David De Gea for the 3rd position we are in now. If not for him, we are now probably lying in the mid table.

Probably lower.

the power of your strike force is similar to pool last season

Come to think of it.. Winning against the run of the game, even when we're not controlling the play, taking chances at counter-attacking etc..

It's like back to the old days under SAF.

really false sense of security building... defence is surely still amatuer

Yea. If the defence doesn't get its act together, another Leicester debacle is waiting to happen again.

Halftime : 2-0

Lucky 2nd goal which should have been flagged offside.

Anyway, enjoying the lead over our arch rival... GGMU!

actually second goal got offside? if rvp never touch then no offisde also

Our GK is fantastic [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] Hope his form continue as our defense need him to bail them out till reinforcement comes either through new signing or our injury woes gets better.

Among our strikers, i think Rooney did well today too [thumbsup]

'our defence injury woes definitely better now but their teamwork still lacking...got jones n evans back liao...hope w more matches they can be better ba

actually second goal got offside? if rvp never touch then no offisde also

I am quite sure it is offside. Replays show a slight touch by RvP

after the match interview..... he admitted he touched the ball and maybe it shld be recorded as an assist! :D

after the match interview..... he admitted he touched the ball and maybe it shld be recorded as an assist! :D

I saw that too lol

But I prefer to see with my eyes than listen to most statements lah, in general

The flight of the ball can deceived even the man in black, so thesis one off case . . . nice header by Mata again, who has the intuitive to know where to connect, juz like Ole Solkjear good reading oof d game [nod]

Let's not be controversial over this given goal, we are supposed to discuss on how RVP, DMaria and Falcao fit in when ll are fit to play, even Valencia wanted to play in central midfield , he jolly well is aware that chances dun come often, so if given to chance to start, why not, any position is good, the same sentiment goes to AYoung too.

To be fair to Falcao, I like to see how this south american resume play and team up wif RVP and Dmaria, before making judgement, all the ' Hoohaa ' will be forgotten till we've seen his talent in european clubs.

DM and Falcao can form a fulcrum of attacking options provided all are fit, thy a force to be reckoned with, I'm sure . . . we shall see the new formation in the coming up matches, it so happening now.

With upcoming matches with Aston Villa, Newscastle, Tottenham and Stoke, more goals & winning games ahead ya! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Praise 1

With upcoming matches with Aston Villa, Newscastle, Tottenham and Stoke, more goals & winning games ahead ya! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

In 1985/86 Football League Div I, Manchester United won their first 10 games of the league season, plus a League Cup tie away to Crystal Palace, to make it 11 wins in a row

August 1985

17th Man Utd 4 - A Villa 0

20st Ipswich Town 0 - Man Utd 1

24th Arsenal 1 - Man Utd 2

26th Man Utd 2 - West Ham 0

31st Nottingham Forest 1 - Man Utd 3

Sep 1985

4th Man Utd 3 - Newcastle 0

7th Man Utd 3 - Oxford 0

14th M City 0 - Man Utd 3

21st WBA 1 - Man Utd 5

28th Man Utd 1 Soton 0

We have won the last 6 games, and It would be wonderful if we can we repeat this winning streak again by wining our next 5 games to make it another 11 winning in a row.

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 1

Be nice bro, I can relate where you're coming from however, instead of being a keyboard warrior, it s better off being appreciative & help them by praising as we are not on d field of play, many things happens during game with minutes ticking . . ., we're not there to experience first hand theory, so do not be too critical. No offence bro!

2nd, Man Utd defensive lines are not up to expectation, reasons being not many world class defenders are not forth-coming to Devils now, simply wrong timing or wrong calling now, most importantly, we must have willing players who really wanted to play for the best in the world. A cult status world wide audiences and international stars already in the making, plus marketing sponsorship already making Manchester United a Club worthy of making millions w/o kicking a ball.

A win is a win, no less, it is not how we play, it is how we score tt matters most, 3 precious points. Thank U very much [nod]

bros... imo....

team performance was genuinely unimaginative and sub-par last nite..

first goal -- keeper stunningly dived wrong way

2nd -- offside

3rd -- lovren clearance mistake

agst that.. liverpool carved man u open with genuine chances... and only pure brilliance and heroics of DDG saved us..

dont let the 3-0 win paper over the cracks... less we forget that the issue with our hated rivals are the same! fantastic attack and crap defence last season.. only found out this season

we are still very much a work in progress... just think back about the number of stray passes from fellaini and crucially evans... tho defence does looks more calm with carrick there -_-

GGMU! [laugh]

ps.. team performance improve... results will come... tho i wonder wats gonna come when performance improve seems we somehow seem to keep getting results! [:p]

↡ Advertisement