Paiseh - questions on selling of motorbike

Altivo

Hi all,

Paiseh to ask this in a car forum. I'm helping my colleague.

I believe some of the MCFers are bikers too, so hoping you guys could help help a bit.

Her dad just passed away recently and he has a 8 year old Honda CB400. The family intends to sell the bike away since none of them can ride.

1) Any good bike shops to recommend?

2) Is there any way to check if there is outstanding loan for the bike. To her understanding, bike loans are usually in-house loans from the bike shops. The problem is that the family don't have details on the loan or where the bike was bought from.

3) And how much would be the value of the bike now? Don't want them to kenna chop.

Thanks all!

↡ Advertisement

Like car, go to onemotoring to check....... almost all details are there. If on loan, there's a lien.

Hi Bro,

I went to the Vehicle Transfer Fee query to check on the details. Sorry, I might have missed it but where is the section which indicates there is a lien?

Thanks for your help!!!

(edited)

Probably you need to go down to LTA to check though 'cos I remembered for this transaction you need to login to check on ownership details (it appears at the bottom of the page - whether under finance or not). If you have user Singpass ID and PW, you can try. But, reckon all government offices would have blocked deceased access.

Hi Bro,

I went to the Vehicle Transfer Fee query to check on the details. Sorry, I might have missed it but where is the section which indicates there is a lien?

Thanks for your help!!!

Edited by Kangadrool

Probably you need to go down to LTA to check though 'cos I remembered for this transaction you need to login to check on ownership details (it appears at the bottom of the page - whether under finance or not). If you have user Singpass ID and PW, you can try. But, reckon all government offices would have blocked deceased access.

Ah okie. Thanks for your advice!

Hi all,

Paiseh to ask this in a car forum. I'm helping my colleague.

I believe some of the MCFers are bikers too, so hoping you guys could help help a bit.

Her dad just passed away recently and he has a 8 year old Honda CB400. The family intends to sell the bike away since none of them can ride.

1) Any good bike shops to recommend?

2) Is there any way to check if there is outstanding loan for the bike. To her understanding, bike loans are usually in-house loans from the bike shops. The problem is that the family don't have details on the loan or where the bike was bought from.

3) And how much would be the value of the bike now? Don't want them to kenna chop.

Thanks all!

Do also note that the bike will come under the deceased's estate so not any family member can sell other than the estate administrator.

Turbocharged

abt the value of the bike. this bike can fetch gd price. still sought after in the 2nd hand mkt. i tink if can manage to sell, should b able to get ard 4k min.