How to adjust your side mirrors

Lotr

Tried the 'wider angle' side mirror settings - found it very dangerous and didn't like it.

Had near misses with motor bikes in-between lanes at my 5 and 7 o'clock.

Nearly ran a few riders off the road when switching lanes.

Maybe circumvented with a wide-angle rearview mirror clip-on - but which is rendered useless when the rear seat is full with tall adults.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

turn to check blindspot is still the best but must know where to see.

e.g. if driver on lane 3 and moving to lane 2, must also check to see if any vehicles fm lane 1 changing to lane 2 n not just focus on lane 2.

(edited)

I used to do the same trick for my right blind spot, even now with the stock mirror I tilt it slightly towards the right so I can see out the right passenger window. [thumbsup]

I kinda like the idea of those blind spot mirrors very common on taxis, the kind that clips over their side mirrors. Makes me wonder though, it seem like they do not use them at all.. [lipsrsealed]

Got use lah. It's just that they choose to ignore you. And they are also tired of signalling coz they drive day & night. Fingers suffer cramp signalling after just half a day. LoL...

Actually it's an issue coz they will get tired. The thing is ppl still comprain some of them do not make full use of the taxi and things like that. Most of them are over 50yo. Once they get tired the higher chance for them to get into accident or cause accident.

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)

Looks something like this... good thing about this is, unlike the typical stick-on kind, they do not obstruct your mirror's original view.

Since the taxi drivers don't use the clip on mirrors, let's find a way to re-clip them to the cars where the drivers will use them. Seriously, where can I buy such clip on mirrors?

Edited by Nodtviedt

Twincharged
(edited)

turn to check blindspot is still the best but must know where to see.

e.g. if driver on lane 3 and moving to lane 2, must also check to see if any vehicles fm lane 1 changing to lane 2 n not just focus on lane 2.

For me I have no problem spotting lane 1 car changing to lane 2 while I am also signaling to change from lane 3 to lane 2. Trust me, if the side mirror is adjusted correctly, blindspot is greatly reduce. Plus I am be able to lane change lane confidently as I am able to drive side by side near to the vehicles on the lane I am going to change to and still be able to see the next lane car body. If I use the traditional side mirror angle, I may not be able to see the next lane car body at certain distance side by side. Plus I am still able to see vehicles at my next lane car at the back. So in a way I be better able to slot in to lane change better matching the next lane speed. Edited by Yewheng

[laugh] Actually it does make sense for them to install these things, less strain for their neck muscles.

Got use lah. It's just that they choose to ignore you. And they are also tired of signalling coz they drive day & night. Fingers suffer cramp signalling after just half a day. LoL...

Actually it's an issue coz they will get tired. The thing is ppl still comprain some of them do not make full use of the taxi and things like that. Most of them are over 50yo. Once they get tired the higher chance for them to get into accident or cause accident.

↡ Advertisement