What happen to Mitsubishi?

Soho

I saw a lot of Evo owners in SG in previous years. What happened to them? How come there seems zero interest in Evo in recent years for the AD not to bring it in? [:/]

People moved on I guess. When you have cars like M135 or A class AMG with good bang for the buck, and much better quality, its easy to see why.

Its not competitive in Singapore, or worldwide for that matter, when alot of German automakers now comes very attractive performance options.

I so wanted a GLA AMG. 360 HP stock. Mercedes quality. The one advantage for evo is its more mob friendly, & more mod options, but if you are not into mod, then its not as advantages.

I loved Evo, still do, enough to buy one (still have good memory of it), but its just not competitive in this climate. The bar have raise.

but thats my opinion only.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

MMC are 'dead' nowadays is also partly due to they are much focus on developing 'the transport of the future' those electric powered vehicles. So called PHEV.

Its a risky investment and r&d i would say...

Enviromental friendly? Not really. Becos it need rare earth and stuffs like that.

And the battery cell are really costly.

From a layman pov, imho, look at solar panels? Its enviromental friendly. But cost of it to offset savings? Bo hua one...

Ask yourself this, would you save the earth at the expense of your wallet or would u rather kill it and save your wallet?

I am sure that most ppl answer will be saving their wallets.

Sorry, i am not rich. Just a lowly waged worker. So the 'thickness' of my wallet very important.

I rather save for a rainy day.

Supersonic

China still dominates about 90% of the supply of rare earths?

With Japan & China locked in a prolonged territorial dispute, add the scars of ww2, doesn't sound good.

• Praise 1

Was looking through SGcarmart . They only listed 1 Mitsubishi ASX model. POA somemore. Went to Mitsubishi SG website , they only have 3 models?

Anyone know what happen to Mitsubishi???

Mitsubishi SIngapore sales strategy totally wrong, its strong point is auto rally, Paris-Dakar Rally proved Mitsubishi Pajero's capability, they should emphasize on this model instead of launching like Lancer to fight with Altis, civic, Elentra, K5...etc,

believe In singapore still have a group of off-road rally enthusiasts

(edited)

Mitsubishi SIngapore sales strategy totally wrong, its strong point is auto rally, Paris-Dakar Rally proved Mitsubishi Pajero's capability, they should emphasize on this model instead of launching like Lancer to fight with Altis, civic, Elentra, K5...etc,

believe In singapore still have a group of off-road rally enthusiasts

s'pore market too small already...not enough demand for them to bring in off-road models.

moreover , the official AD C&C has other brands like benz and KIA...

Edited by Strat

s'pore market too small already...not enough demand for them to bring in off-road models.

moreover , the official AD C&C has other brands like benz and KIA...

Mitusbishi should learn from Jeep and Land rover,

I can see Jeep Rubicon and Range Rover in my company carpark and others SUV, which means SUV is a trend in Singapore,

as long as price is not too ridicules, Pajero definitely have a place in SUV market

I'm surprised that C & C still manage to hold on to the dealership cos most

car manufacturers would expect a certain number of cars to be sold otherwise they would take back the dealership.

Certainly selling 1 or 2 cars per mth is not sustainable unless u selling exotic/high end cars with their high profit margin but u certainly can't do that with Jap bread n butter cars.

• Praise 3

Hahahaha, Daihatsu still under STS. You say neh?

Probably what you've mentioned are for bigger brands like H and T.

I'm surprised that C & C still manage to hold on to the dealership cos most
car manufacturers would expect a certain number of cars to be sold otherwise they would take back the dealership.
Certainly selling 1 or 2 cars per mth is not sustainable unless u selling exotic/high end cars with their high profit margin but u certainly can't do that with Jap bread n butter cars.

Hahahaha, Daihatsu still under STS. You say neh?

Probably what you've mentioned are for bigger brands like H and T.

You are right sir!! forgot about daihatsu under STS.

But i really feel for mitsubishi cos IMO they dont deserve this.

In my books, Jap cars are divided into:

1) The so called "higher" end/more reputable ie Toyota/Honda

2) The mid range ie Mitsubishi/Nissan/Mazda/Subaru

3) The also rans ie Suzuki/Daihatsu

Based on my theory, if Mazda and Nissan can amass a reasonable volume so shld Mitsubishi.

• Praise 3

Out of curiosity I just went to look at the cars MMC sells in Japan- You see anything worth having here?

I still love the quirky i

The Proudia Dignity (OMG what a name!) is obviously a Infiniti model with a diff badge...

SUV
ミニバン
コンパクトカー
セダン / ワゴン
軽乗用車
商用車

(edited)

Thought Mitsubishi Motors had formed an alliance with Renault-Nissan in November last year. The replacement model for Lancer might be based on Renault Fluence or Nissan Sylphy/Puslar/Sentra. No more Lancer liao

Renault will also supply Mitsubishi with a large sedan for the North America market. The car will be made by Renault-Samsung's plant in South Korea.

As least two new saloons based on Renault vehicles would be launched as Mitsubishis.

Edited by Stooky

IMO, the best Mitsubishi auto-mobile would be their Fighter Class.

Their 2014 10ft truck is super super powerful.

Neutral Newbie

Any one looking for lancer? :)

Not going dekit.

Lancer CS3, Feb 2006 @ $20,800

Details;
Front Strut Bar
Summit Rear Lower Tie Bar
Anti Roll Bar
Rear Full Evo Bodykit
BC Coilover
Evo 3 Brake Kit (will give in together with stock brake)
Ganador Side Mirror (will give in together with stock mirror)
TRW slotted disc rotors less than a year (will give in together with stock rotors)
Short Shifter
Front and Side V-Lip
Apexi Open pod with heat shield and CIA less than a year
Full sound system with double din + sound proofing + amp + woofer less than a year worth about $4,000.00.
16” TE37 rim less than a year
Bridgestone MY 02 rear performance tyres & Komho front tires less than a year
EPS power charger
Fuel regulator
Major servicing have been done.
Nice LED Interior
ECU Reflashed By Famous CS3 Tuner

contact me @ 96892044

↡ Advertisement