Toyota estima vs honda odyssey

Duckie1979

Honda - ride handling is better and lower ride comfort level due to stiffer suspension setup.

Toyota - nice, soft suspension for comfort driving and cannot chiong too hard.

Ah being or not ah beng got nothing to do with Honda/Toyota. However ah beng tend to buy Honda due to fact they can chiong. While uncle like to buy Toyota for comfort.

If you are an ah beng, would you buy Toyota or Honda?

How about Ah Beng Unker?

↡ Advertisement

below the floor betw the 2 front seats!! to access frm within the cabin.

yes, same. both dun hv.

I actually forgot abt whether Previa got spare tyre...

Estima doesn't have it, so got huge lobang on the floor that can swallow up the 60:40 3rd row seats to have a flat floorboard.

If Previa also doesn't have spare tyre, then why does it allow the 3rd row seats to fold like Estima, but need it to lean against 2nd row? Why so sotong?

Supercharged

Honda - ride handling is better and lower ride comfort level due to stiffer suspension setup.

Toyota - nice, soft suspension for comfort driving and cannot chiong too hard.

Ah being or not ah beng got nothing to do with Honda/Toyota. However ah beng tend to buy Honda due to fact they can chiong. While uncle like to buy Toyota for comfort.

If you are an ah beng, would you buy Toyota or Honda?

I uncle liao so Toyota.. I still remember my first car I got put the super high GT wing and stickers all over car and white rim.. looking back now.. it is dam ugly. but girl like it last time.

Honda car reached the peak of its "Ah Beng-ness" with the sale of the EK3 (VTI) and EK4 (SIR) in the mid 90s to early 2000.

the EK3 had 130 hp on a 1.5 litre engine... while the EK4 was turning out 140 or 150 hp on a 1.6 litre engines where its VTEC engine almost reached mythical level

but both had the specialities of wrapping ard tree upon accident...

I owned an EK3 for 4 years...it can really fly but low end torque was terrible and it was using CVT gearbox... where it has the famous "rubber band" effect...... for those who owned the Ek3 and also the infamous short lived ES8...series...would have gone thru the famous "starter clutch" issue (due to the CVT gearbox)... almost similar to the gearbox issue suffered by VW owner today... but Honda kept quiet. and ES8 was replaced by the ES5 (with conventional torque converter gearbox) ....

those were the dayss.....

below the floor betw the 2 front seats!! to access frm within the cabin.

yes, same. both dun hv.

Then it's a risk. Anyone actually bought a spare tire?

I actually forgot abt whether Previa got spare tyre...

Estima doesn't have it, so got huge lobang on the floor that can swallow up the 60:40 3rd row seats to have a flat floorboard.

If Previa also doesn't have spare tyre, then why does it allow the 3rd row seats to fold like Estima, but need it to lean against 2nd row? Why so sotong?

ooh, u mean Estima's 3rd row can b flattened, but not Previa's!!

i rem Previa can't, no wonder some here said "can" (when they r actually referred to Estima only). no wonder...

ooh, u mean Estima's 3rd row can b flattened, but not Previa's!!

i rem Previa can't, no wonder some here said "can" (when they r actually referred to Estima only). no wonder...

Yes, Estima can go flat - like Ody's. But Estima can be 60:40, but Ody's is whole bench together.

Previa on the other hand, can 60:40 i think, but cannot go flat, but flip up and leans against the 2nd row seat...

I suspect that's another reason why there are more estimas around than previas...

Yes, Estima can go flat - like Ody's. But Estima can be 60:40, but Ody's is whole bench together.

Previa on the other hand, can 60:40 i think, but cannot go flat, but flip up and leans against the 2nd row seat...

I suspect that's another reason why there are more estimas around than previas...

oh dear, i went to see Previa only but not Estima. i thot Previa being much more ex shld hv every things of Estima.

A lot of things are compromise.

I believe Previa/Estima riding height is higher also? I think it's harder to get in/out with my wife holding a kid compared to the ody.

Ody can walk from 1st row to back. But u lose the center console as a cubby hole.

I sat at Ody back with me, my wife and my kid. Ok space, can take for long trip. Didn't sit in Previa as i wasn't too impressed with the trim in general.

No one car has it all.

I only saw the Previa. Can't rem the exact details on the Previa 7 vs 8 seater. But the impression i got is that the 7 seaters are almost always more worth it.

Anyone can list the differences betw previa and Estima? Other than airbags lol.

Riding height is the height of the seat?

Estima/Previa is taller than ody so i think it's easier to get to the 3rd row as no need to bend the back too much.

My wish XE also can walk from 1st to 3rd row, but hardly uses it. Only kids got play it before, but will kanna scolding...

I think the comparison to be made is quite complex. Maybe breaking them into 2 comparisons would be better: Previa vs estima; 7-seater vs 8 seater.

Previa vs Estima

=============

- Previa design a bit plain from front till side, just one piece. Estima got a bit of wave/pattern.

- Previa 3 row seat cannot fold down flat. When folded, can only push to lean against 2nd row seat that is upright. Estima seat can fold down flat onto floorboard.

7-seater vs 8-seater

===============

- 7 seater got separate control for left/right aircon for front row, and I think 8 seater doesn't have.

- 7 seater rear aircon is climate control; 8 seater is just on/off with 3 speed

- someone said 8 seater only got fabric seat?

- 7 seater middle seats are ottoman type with foot rest; 8 seater i think is a bench.

i'm sure there are many other differences that i am not aware of.

oh dear, i went to see Previa only but not Estima. i thot Previa being much more ex shld hv every things of Estima.

BM always blunder... 10 yr ago let PI sell wish until lao nua so many years then bring in... now sell previa which in my opinion is inferior to estima...

I think if Previa and Estima are sold by the same people, and I have to buy one from it, I will sure choose estima. the only problem is previa is BM, while estima is only PI...

I saw the Estima first; then later saw Previa and was quite disappointed...

There are many ah bengs that drive conti for the longest of time - typical model is the BMW 3 series (base model) and more recently VW Roc. It is a shame how they turn these beautiful cars into bling bling.

Nevertheless, to each his own at the end of the day and I am in no position to judge. As long as the car owner is happy!

BM always blunder... 10 yr ago let PI sell wish until lao nua so many years then bring in... now sell previa which in my opinion is inferior to estima...

BM is NOT importer of Toyota vehicles. BM is a distributor

TMAP is the importer.

Estima/Previa is taller than ody so i think it's easier to get to the 3rd row as no need to bend the back too much.

not really, ody is taller inside although outside is shorter coz ody has v low platform.

(edited)

Honda car reached the peak of its "Ah Beng-ness" with the sale of the EK3 (VTI) and EK4 (SIR) in the mid 90s to early 2000.

the EK3 had 130 hp on a 1.5 litre engine... while the EK4 was turning out 140 or 150 hp on a 1.6 litre engines where its VTEC engine almost reached mythical level

but both had the specialities of wrapping ard tree upon accident...

I owned an EK3 for 4 years...it can really fly but low end torque was terrible and it was using CVT gearbox... where it has the famous "rubber band" effect...... for those who owned the Ek3 and also the infamous short lived ES8...series...would have gone thru the famous "starter clutch" issue (due to the CVT gearbox)... almost similar to the gearbox issue suffered by VW owner today... but Honda kept quiet. and ES8 was replaced by the ES5 (with conventional torque converter gearbox) ....

those were the dayss.....

EK3 cvt were having lots of problem, heng i drive manual...vtec open only at 6 rpm kinda high to enjoy the power

Ek4 auto detuned to 155 bhp, manual 170 bhp

The new ody fuel capacity is 55litre, kinda small for hugh mpv

Edited by Route88

Supercharged

Why not

Veilfire or

Alphard

Can as long not Honda. But again the decision lies with the buyer not me. Hahah

duno abt estima but apparently theres a new minivan called Esquire, & new alphard vellfire coming this yr end. there are already concept pics of them.

this is the new voxy:

voxy-concept.jpg

Kindly share the concept photos of new alphard vellfire, thanks.

Been looking for it but cant find.

not really, ody is taller inside although outside is shorter coz ody has v low platform.

Really? OK, then not bad. But it can hold so many things with a low platform meh? Still got spare tyre too... really not bad then...

But if kanna ponding, will see water going in first or not? :D

I remember Elgrand salesman also said it's significantly lower than alphard, so it's easier to get in and also for some reason makes FC better (although i cannot remember the link anymore...)

The legend for following data is as follows:

全 長(mm) External car length 全幅(mm) External car width 全高(mm) External car height 室内長(mm) Internal car length 室内幅(mm) Internal car width 室内高(mm) Internal car height

室内長 refers to the usable space in the car. You can see that Biante offers much more internal space than Mazda8, definitely comparable to other full-size MPV though shorter externally.

For Mazda8:

全長(mm) 4860 全幅(mm) 1850 全高(mm) 1685 室内長(mm) 2635 室内幅(mm) 1565 室内高(mm) 1210

For Biante:

全長(mm) 4715 全幅(mm) 1770 全高(mm) 1835 室内長(mm) 2990 室内幅(mm) 1545 室内高(mm) 1350

For Elgrand:

全長(mm) 4915 全幅(mm) 1850 全高(mm) 1805 室内長(mm) 3025 室内幅(mm) 1580 室内高(mm) 1285

For Alphard:

全長(mm) 4870 全幅(mm) 1830 全高(mm) 1890 室内長(mm) 3160 室内幅(mm) 1585 室内高(mm) 1400

For Estima:

全長(mm) 4815 全幅(mm) 1820 全高(mm) 1745 室内長(mm) 3010 室内幅(mm) 1580 室内高(mm) 1255

For Odyssey:

全長(mm) 4830 全幅(mm) 1800 全高(mm) 1695 室内長(mm) 2935 室内幅(mm) 1625 室内高(mm) 1325

For Wish:

全長(mm) 4590 全幅(mm) 1695 全高(mm) 1600 室内長(mm) 2660 室内幅(mm) 1470 室内高(mm) 1315

i found it n copied as above. source: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2661786-mazda-biante-mpv/?p=5147451

Turbocharged

Kindly share the concept photos of new alphard vellfire, thanks.

Been looking for it but cant find.

scoop665.jpg

scoop666.jpg

↡ Advertisement