Toyota estima vs honda odyssey

Duckie1979

Hypersonic

PI attractive point is GDI engine with 190bhp,

but only 2 airbags and no traction contral, KM one c/w 6 airbags with traction control,

which one will you?

I heard GDI need high grade fuel as 98 above

Definitely the AD EXV if i'm so inclined. The safety features should not be compromised.

I don't think u need the power also for these family vehicles. 174 vs 190 bhp is really quite minimal in a 17-1.8 ton vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

PI attractive point is GDI engine with 190bhp,

but only 2 airbags and no traction contral, KM one c/w 6 airbags with traction control,

which one will you?

I heard GDI need high grade fuel as 98 above

Pi come with 6 airbag, which they call it absolute plus. Price at 175k.

Hypersonic
(edited)

go PI should save a lot mah, if only save so little. no point.

Anyway KM's Ody stock now only in August. Think black only in Sept.

Edited by Lala81

Supercharged

Good review.

I like the 3rd row seat. Can fully fold down for a very flat and huge boot.

... The fabric interior...... [shakehead]

I was checking out Ody, Biante and Elgrand.

Elrgrand is the best value.

my children like Ody and Madza CX-9!

.. they think their father print money... :D

Good review.

I was checking out Ody, Biante and Elgrand.

Elrgrand is the best value.

my children like Ody and Madza CX-9!

.. they think their father print money... :D

Yah go buy exora, show them their father money printer spoil lol

Ody always Japan made. Not a fans of CVT gear box, but the reviews of Ody is thumb up

plus good drivability even with new tall Body. So must really test drive to prove it.

Both external, internal look, accessories look attractive too.

When i went to one PI to look at estima, he told me ody was on the way, but he'll recommend estima anyway cos ody is thia made...

maybe KM one is jap...

Good review.

The 3rd row seat: is it the same for both KM and PI ody? I only saw KM one. While it can fold down flat, i don't like it being not as flexible in the sense that you either have the whole bench up, or whole bench folded down; cannot have the option/flexibility of one up, one folded. Is the PI one the same?

Previa 3rd row only lean against 2nd row when folded, not fully flat ont he floor. But Estima one is fold flat on the floow, and it is not a full bench, but in 2 parts (can't remember 50:50 or 60:40 though...

Fabric seat cannot change to leather, is for 7 or 8 seater?

Hypersonic

The 3rd row seat: is it the same for both KM and PI ody? I only saw KM one. While it can fold down flat, i don't like it being not as flexible in the sense that you either have the whole bench up, or whole bench folded down; cannot have the option/flexibility of one up, one folded. Is the PI one the same?

Previa 3rd row only lean against 2nd row when folded, not fully flat ont he floor. But Estima one is fold flat on the floow, and it is not a full bench, but in 2 parts (can't remember 50:50 or 60:40 though...

Fabric seat cannot change to leather, is for 7 or 8 seater?

fabric seat is for the KM's EX model. the 8 seater.

but for the reasons i mentioned, no brainer to get the EXV.

do note that diff pi brings in diff model. eg. some hv dual power sliding doors, some hv 1.

fabric seat is for the KM's EX model. the 8 seater.

but for the reasons i mentioned, no brainer to get the EXV.

Yes, but if let's say i need to fetch my family of 4, plus an old grandmother who's on wheelchair, plus a maid... then will be a problem for ody, esp EXV...

Good review.

in the earlier gen, the 3rd row is powered. now, manual. [:(]

the fabric is on the 8-seater only. if change to leather, the airbag may not work.

i hv test drove the new ody earlier this mth (but not estima/previa), jz wanted to share as well:

a) glovebox/compartment at front row is quite little. only 1 small 1 in front of front passenger seat. others r open 1 (not closed).

b) despite having so many gadgets, the KM's ody didnt come with navigation system! (at least 1 pi model has it)

c) boot space is deeper compared the previous gen as the spare tyre has been shifted to in betw the 2 front seats!

d) 3rd row no longer powered as compared to the previous gen.

e) much low platform as compared to estima/previa, good/ease for entry.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Yes, but if let's say i need to fetch my family of 4, plus an old grandmother who's on wheelchair, plus a maid... then will be a problem for ody, esp EXV...

In terms of folding down one rear seat only?

I didn't take note of that. But you're probably right. I think they fold up as a single entity.

Lol for sedans usually checking out the practicality just involves sitting in backseat and checking boot. But MPV dam a lot of things to look out for haha

Edited by Lala81

In terms of folding down one rear seat only?

I didn't take note of that. But you're probably right. I think they fold up as a single entity.

Lol for sedans usually checking out the practicality just involves sitting in backseat and checking boot. But MPV dam a lot of things to look out for haha

yah lor... si bey headache ok, when it comes to finding the right mpv. Other than the usual price, reliability, driveability, etc., got:

- can seat how many (vs comfort)

- 3rd row seat 2 or 3

- 3rd row can be flexi or whole bench

- 3rd row cramp or not, comfortable (tall or sitting on floor)?

- 3rd row can fold flat or not

- got rear a/c?

- height of seats: easy or difficult for elderly to get in/out

- sliding or normal door

- how to get into 3rd row: (if those type like Touran, when 2nd row backrest folds down to sitting part, then whole chair flips up leans against front row, passenger gets into 3rd row, before the folded 2nd row is dropped back down into position... forget it)

- too tall for MSCP?

- tailgate got auto?

- sliding door got auto?

- boot space

- distance betw 3rd row seat and rear windscreen: for safety reason, in case got rear collision

- safety bag

- etc...

• Praise 1

i hv test drove the new ody earlier this mth (but not estima/previa), jz wanted to share as well:

a) glovebox/compartment at front row is quite little. only 1 small 1 in front of front passenger seat. others r open 1 (not closed).

b) despite having so many gadgets, the KM's ody didnt come with navigation system! (at least 1 pi model has it)

c) boot space is deeper compared the previous gen as the spare tyre has been shifted to in betw the 2 front seats!

d) 3rd row no longer powered as compared to the previous gen.

e) much low platform as compared to estima/previa, good/ease for entry.

info to add on:

f) depends on colour, some r only available in Jul, some r Aug. (note: this info is almost 3 wks old)

g) free additional 6-mth road tax, if trade-in an old Honda to KM.

h) 1k discount if take loan n insurance frm KM. loan's interest rate is 1.88%.

Test drove Ody, Estima and Mazda8. Although i like the Estima sleeker look but the Ody spec out-weighs everything.

For Estima, go PI (cheaper and 2013 bodykit).

For Ody, go KAR (price not much different but has a lot more spec eg. sunroof, dual slidign door, japan center seat and parking assist). The only upside is PI has a higher hp and some silver trimming. Oh...i think KAR's Ody has illuminated kick plate while PI dont.

Test drove Ody, Estima and Mazda8. Although i like the Estima sleeker look but the Ody spec out-weighs everything.

For Estima, go PI (cheaper and 2013 bodykit).

For Ody, go KAR (price not much different but has a lot more spec eg. sunroof, dual slidign door, japan center seat and parking assist). The only upside is PI has a higher hp and some silver trimming. Oh...i think KAR's Ody has illuminated kick plate while PI dont.

what is "japan center seat"?

its just a leather wrapped seats from factory. Was told its made of some good grade leather, very soft though.

↡ Advertisement