Toyota estima vs honda odyssey

Duckie1979

really? estima's 3rd row can b flat??

Yes. The design to make 3rd flat is very flexible in estima. 3rd row is 40/60 and you can put either the 40 or 60 flat independently. This I feel is much more flexible than the new odyssey. Odyssey can only put the last row bench down, so it's either 3rd row up or down.

↡ Advertisement

Owned the Previa/Estima. Test drove the new Ody. Both drive like a van but like I said in my earlier post, if hv to choose between Estima and Ody, I will go Estima as the features are more practical for family car.

Totally agreed estima is much better in space and family feature. Is the drivability and handling of odyssey much better than your estima? Since you are driving estima now, when you test drove the odyssey, you should be able to feel the difference immediately?

In terms of features, Honda ODC is worse than Toyota Estima which is a much older model than ODC that is just launched this year??? Then Honda R&D is not doing work Liao... Haa!

Test drive several Toyota car model, still feel Honda driveability is better.

In terms of features, Honda ODC is worse than Toyota Estima which is a much older model than ODC that is just launched this year??? Then Honda R&D is not doing work Liao... Haa!

Test drive several Toyota car model, still feel Honda driveability is better.

Honestly, the new ody is definitely more luxurious than the estimate in terms of built quality . Feature for feature , ody wins hands down with more airbags, parking assist, cameras, lower floor, riding height etc. even the ottoman seats backrest have more adjustment than the normal .

And most importantly it is cheaper.

(edited)

Yup it can be flattened. Just placed an order for Estima too. I too feel Honda is good and reliable however Estima is more spacious and hence more comfortable for the family. Especially the 7 seater where there is an alse for you to walk to the 3rd row instead of having to fold down. The middle row is adjustable too to give alot more leg space for 3rd row.

erm i may be getting hazy on this. If u want to talk about comfortable for the family. I believe Ody can walk from 1st row to the 3rd. Cos there's nothing between the driver and front passenger seat.

More comfortable for the family? Seats odyssey win also.

60/40 fold down for Estima and Estima's power tail gate are the best features going for it.

Edited by Lala81

erm i may be getting hazy on this. If u want to talk about comfortable for the family. I believe Ody can walk from 1st row to the 3rd. Cos there's nothing between the driver and front passenger seat.

More comfortable for the family? Seats odyssey win also.

60/40 fold down for Estima and Estima's power tail gate are the best features going for it.

Reason why space-wise Estima wins is because the 3rd row seats are wider then ody's. Estima's seats are taller and therefore less restricted by the space taken up by the rear wheels. Ody's on the other hand, is exactly betw the space taken by the rear wheels, so if try to seat 3 adults, i think the backsides likely touching and cramped. if sit in Estima, will be bit better, so more comfortable. 2nd row didn't compare as i only saw the 7 seaters, so can't tell which one is more spacious.

i'll say if we view comfort as more space, then Estima wins. Luxury, i think ody wins.

60/40 fold and power tail gate Estima wins; park assist ody wins...

i just hope i'll win...

(edited)

toyota estima and alphard is the no. 1 choice mpv for many artist management co [thumbsup] ...

Edited by Wt_know

I am not quite sure why people rate power tailgate so highly. For me when i go grocery shopping, i will not bother to put the items in boot area but in rear passenger space unless really buying alot alot.

So for my pattern, power sliding doors would be sufficient.

Mostly golfers would love to have power tailgate. They can do a bag drop without alighting.

As expected, there will be 2 camps in such discussion :)!

For potential buyers, it is crucial that you view and test drive both and decide for yourself! Both are decent size family cars with sufficient power but there will always be the X factor for different individuals that will sway them to the respective camp!

Enjoy car shopping as that is the most fun part! Thereafter, the wait will be agonizing!

For a family of 5 (driver included) with occasional 2 more parents sitting in car, would you choose a 7 seater or 8 seater estima/odyssey? Why?

I'm having this dilemma now. 7 seater seems good as it allows 3rd row passenger easy access, however the 3rd row will always need to be up for a family of 5 to accommodate the 5th passenger. This is especially unfavorable on the new odyssey given the 3rd row need to be fully up or down. The boot space becomes very limited with the 3rd row up.

Anyone facing the same dillema?

toyota estima and alphard is the no. 1 choice mpv for many artist management co [thumbsup] ...

Reliability.. my Vellfire has done 90k in 2 years plus.. no problem.. except wear and tear..

P.S I not limo driver.. [thumbsup]

For a family of 5 (driver included) with occasional 2 more parents sitting in car, would you choose a 7 seater or 8 seater estima/odyssey? Why?

I'm having this dilemma now. 7 seater seems good as it allows 3rd row passenger easy access, however the 3rd row will always need to be up for a family of 5 to accommodate the 5th passenger. This is especially unfavorable on the new odyssey given the 3rd row need to be fully up or down. The boot space becomes very limited with the 3rd row up.

my previous estima was a 8 seater.. IMHO.. 8 seater doesnt look so nice.. but space wise better..

and estima boot quite big and deep..

Reliability.. my Vellfire has done 90k in 2 years plus.. no problem.. except wear and tear..

P.S I not limo driver.. [thumbsup]

my previous estima was a 8 seater.. IMHO.. 8 seater doesnt look so nice.. but space wise better..

and estima boot quite big and deep..

Wah each year about 35k km? Where u bring ur vellfire? Haha

(edited)

Reason why space-wise Estima wins is because the 3rd row seats are wider then ody's. Estima's seats are taller and therefore less restricted by the space taken up by the rear wheels. Ody's on the other hand, is exactly betw the space taken by the rear wheels, so if try to seat 3 adults, i think the backsides likely touching and cramped. if sit in Estima, will be bit better, so more comfortable. 2nd row didn't compare as i only saw the 7 seaters, so can't tell which one is more spacious.

i'll say if we view comfort as more space, then Estima wins. Luxury, i think ody wins.

60/40 fold and power tail gate Estima wins; park assist ody wins...

i just hope i'll win...

A lot of things are compromise.

I believe Previa/Estima riding height is higher also? I think it's harder to get in/out with my wife holding a kid compared to the ody.

Ody can walk from 1st row to back. But u lose the center console as a cubby hole.

I sat at Ody back with me, my wife and my kid. Ok space, can take for long trip. Didn't sit in Previa as i wasn't too impressed with the trim in general.

No one car has it all.

I only saw the Previa. Can't rem the exact details on the Previa 7 vs 8 seater. But the impression i got is that the 7 seaters are almost always more worth it.

Anyone can list the differences betw previa and Estima? Other than airbags lol.

Edited by Lala81

Wah each year about 35k km? Where u bring ur vellfire? Haha

Hahaha.. No choice... Up north every month... Local usage also quite high..

I believe Previa/Estima riding height is higher also? I think it's harder to get in/out with my wife holding a kid compared to the ody.

Ody can walk from 1st row to back. But u lose the center console as a cubby hole.

I sat at Ody back with me, my wife and my kid. Ok space, can take for long trip. Didn't sit in Previa as i wasn't too impressed with the trim in general.

No one car has it all.

I only saw the Previa. Can't rem the exact details on the Previa 7 vs 8 seater. But the impression i got is that the 7 seaters are almost always more worth it.

Estima speed cut off at 180. Prévia no speed cut.

Estima with Aeras trim way way nicer than Previa.

Think Previa no HID. Estima have.

One is JDM model. Prévia is made specifically for HK and SG markets

• Praise 1

For artist management, it is 90% VEILFIRE. Alphard is too ah pek lah.

No one car has it all.

How do we know its a Previa or Estima? Only 2 airbags in the front its Estima?

(edited)

How do we know its a Previa or Estima? Only 2 airbags in the front its Estima?

haha i dunno leh other than estima only having 2 airbags.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement