How bad must this car be?

Alheych

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm really curious.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=387379&DL=2286

An OMV of 43k, selling just 4k above its current paper value, depreication at 5k per year, and already has had 5 owners in the past 7 and a half years.

I really wonder if the car can move when anyone buys it.

All its previous owners must have thought they they couldn't lose much more since the depreciation has already been absorbed by the previous person. Looks like the car proved them wrong?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

This should probably be in the Alfa Romeo club, but I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm really curious.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=387379&DL=2286

An OMV of 43k, selling just 4k above its current paper value, depreication at 5k per year, and already has had 5 owners in the past 7 and a half years.

I really wonder if the car can move when anyone buys it.

All its previous owners must have thought they they couldn't lose much more since the depreciation has already been absorbed by the previous person. Looks like the car proved them wrong?

I think the deciding factor why pple quickly sell it off is the gearbox is a gonner.

This car needs the team from Wheeler Dealers mechanic Ed China.

He is my hero. He is really a super mechanic. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Yah, probably need some serious repair to engine or gearbox, basically if you pay 35k for a 45k car, be prepared to spend above 10k for repairs. That is just how the industry works.

Wrong colour. [idea] Looks very grumpy.

AR must have it in red colour. Then, it's nice. [thumbsup]

I think Alfa looks great in black though.

when i view the ad, it was offering at $36k.

looks like dealer desperate to let it go.

yeah i saw it at 36k too.

the current paper value is 32k so it's 4k above paper value.

Turbocharged

When u ask dealer why so many owners, they will tell u.

Oh....due to some company policy, father transfer car to wife to son to daugher to ah gong and ah ma......

To skip tax.....hahahaha....fxxkk logic

This 3L V6 I don't know. A GM OEM?

But the carbureted 3L V6 ALFA engine of the 164 in the 80s was superb, with the deep-throated rumble and roar of true-blue Italian pedigree engines then.

(edited)

Actually hor. I thought that no one sane in this world would buy an Alfa Romeo 166 but after I saw the ad with had 5 owners before I LoL...

So there are 5 crazy dudes in sgp plus a crazy dealer odd enough to take in this...car.

This goes to show if I were to put an Alfa badge on a piece of scrap metal there will be ppl who are willing to buy.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Alot of dealers nowadays don't want to take in cars which are left with 1-2 yrs COE. They ask u go scrap yourself or take in at scrap + body.

Dealers being dealers, when want to eat, eat low low. When want to sell, sell high high. That's the trade isn't it?

They said 1-2yrs left, not here not there. If they want to sell, they have to fix the problems with the cars and let it sit in showroom.

If you are a buyer with an existing car due during this time, what will you do?

Die die drive till EOL and then change lo..if not let them take in your car at low value compared to mkt.

Is that the only choice?

Edited by Rayoflight

Supersonic

yeah i saw it at 36k too.

the current paper value is 32k so it's 4k above paper value.

So dealer make less than 4k profit?

So dealer make less than 4k profit?

presumably. how much profit do you want to make from such a car? :D

Turbocharged

Alfa Romeo

要发 都没有

Get this, want to prosper also cannot.

Haha .

Their 164 Twin Spark was re-badged to 168 for the Asian market ; specifically Sgp and HK .

(edited)

It is probably on consignment. Scrap now also not much diff compared to scrap in oct, so if can make extra 3 or 4k, why not?

Last week I came across a 740Li, mileage on high side, but condition quite good and dep just over 10k a year, ai mai? Used car prices have come down last few weeks.

Edited by Volvobrick

It is probably on consignment. Scrap now also not much diff compared to scrap in oct, so if can make extra 3 or 4k, why not?

Last week I came across a 740Li, mileage on high side, but condition quite good and dep just over 10k a year, ai mai? Used car prices have come down last few weeks.

you're right, it should be on consignment.

if the dealer really makan this i wonder how much he took it for. 32.5k? just 500 above paper value lol.

↡ Advertisement