Be careful buying from aliexpress

Kb27

Supercharged

I did a purchase at Aliexpress in Feb. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. I initiated a return request as it did not match the published photo. Seller accepted but only allowed me 7 days return. I had to request for extended return period which seller eventually agreed on.

At SingPost, I opted for registered mail although it's 70% of the item value.(I wanted to know if the refund can actually happen, or it's a scam 😁). SingPost Tracking showed my parcel was sent on Mar 17th, arrived in CN destination Processing Center on Mar 26th(last recorded entry). 

My credit card statement showed it credited back to my account on Apr 17th.

It actually worked!! But buyer needs to factor in possible postage cost for any return.

P.S. If anyone knows of alternate, reliable, and cost effective method to send items back to CN, please share. 🙏

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

This post just reminds us that platforms like taobo, aliexpress, shopee, lazada, qoo10 are just that, platforms to make money out of seller/buyer transactions.

Their foremost interest is making money out of each and every transaction. They don't care so much if buyer don't receive goods, or received bad quality stuff or damaged goods.

Now this is where Amazon is different, it is the seller. It may not always be the cheapest, but their interest as a seller/reputation comes first.

Recently, I bought something from Amazon, it was shipped from USA and handled over to ninjavan. Then it disappeared, ninjavan say cannot deliver to my address, whatever that means. Before I knew it, Amazon had already refund my money 100%. There's no need for me to raise dispute, provide proof of non-delivery, etc. Now, that's the difference, compared with buying from other platforms.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
20 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Anyone visited Aliexpress?

How come now is Arabic language de? I scare scare..

likely your language setting. Mine keep changing to portugal language recently, have to change back english many times. 

• Praise 1

Have not log in to Aliexpress for at least 3 years,  and did not even have it's app on my phone.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Still buying from Aliexpress. Mainly stuffs i cant find on other platforms or if they are cheaper comparing to others. 

Recently they have a few selected items 3 for 6 USD. Bought a few nonsense things. No high hopes for quality stuffs. 

↡ Advertisement